Bluemour 'Silly Season' In Full Swing XXXV

Remove this Banner Ad

What I find frustrating, is when 9 out 10 people think the same way and the tenth goes against the tide. I like to read the tenth persons perspective, rather than the same group-think repeated.

What tends to happen is, some of the 9 will then try and denigrate the dissenters opinion in a non-football sense (or at least in a non-proven football sense) as if weight of numbers is right.

What you said re EH was perfectly valid. All of us want every incoming player to succeed, but there is certainly reasonable grounds for some doubt on exposed AFL performance.

You make some.valid points, but by the same token, during our 6 game losing streak, this board became really unpleasant and hostile with unsubstantiated rumours and pro and sack Voss posters going hammers and tongs.

Naturally the Voss backers (like myself) have proven to be vindicated, however I see no reason to carry a grudge against the Sack Voss crew or try be smart alecs against them

Admittedly the anti Voss rhetoric here got me down at times, but I can't stay mad at my fellow Blue Baggers who share the same passion and love for the Carlton footy club as I do.

There definitely has been mistakes from both sides of the pro and anti Voss factions at the time (including myself, I made some unfair comments 6 months ago about Paddy Dow I regret)

But generally speaking, without trying to sound like a 💋 ass , this board is moderated very well and the mods (who do this as volunteers btw) do a fantastic job to try make things as civil and peaceful as possible.

Most pertinent of all, it is most certainly possible to.disagree with someone's opinion that you disagree with without putting them down or denigrating them (least with regards to footy matters).

For the most part, I find myself lucky if I get 3 or 4/10 posters to agree with many of my posts, but that's okay, we got a swell bunch of posters on this board, I have seen death threats and challenges of fights on other club boards after a bad loss (not naming clubs but BF regulars who lurk other club boards know who I am talking about.

Absolutely No doubt..Cookie is a gem.

However I still firmly believe BB played a significant role in changing the culture and discipline of our playing group for the better, even if the on field results didn't show it.

Takes longer than people realize to fix a broken club culture imo (from a player behaviour perspective first and foremost)

Cook did the same thing at Geelong (with the player and culture changes) would love him to be here until the end of 2010 if possible.

Not sure if possible. :D

A mountain has been made out of a molehill. 4thgranny (?) did not denigrate WG's opinion, rather that they quoted stats on the VFL GF game, and it had been suggested that they watch the game. To see the attributes that were in discussion.
It was the "on hooch" comment that spurred me to post.

I'm not sure that siding with the minority in a discussion is a problem is it? The only reason you've seen a number of extra posts from me is due to Arrow's modus operandi.

Amongst all the back and forth, if you look hard enough, there is something blossoming. We are witnessing something magical.
this is brilliant actually.......

It was the "on hooch" comment that spurred me to post.

I'm not sure that siding with the minority in a discussion is a problem is it? The only reason you've seen a number of extra posts from me is due to Arrow's modus operandi.
Making out someone was getting shut down is a problem. It never happened.

There you go, can't help but play the poster
How is that playing the poster?

Commenting on a poster's style is an observation of their written product over a period of time. You kept re-engaging with me despite having nothing to do with the original discussion, on tangents that had no relevance to my first post. I will generally respond for a while, but it doesn't take long to get sick of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they still get the double leg up of interstate and trash clubs playing at their own dunghill............

I may well be in the minority here but I have an issue with there not being a standard size and shape to the playing surface of our great game!

I understand the SCG has its own unique shape but for grounds that have been significantly remodelled and introduced to the national competition I struggle to understand how they can remain a different shape and size!

The one ground the AFL own should set the standard and every other ground comply. In real terms I don’t think it would be a dramatic shift for most ovals and I can’t believe the litter tray wasn’t forced to make that adjustment during its monumental upgrade.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Making out someone was getting shut down is a problem. It never happened.
My response was in regard to one poster suggesting another would have to be on drugs to have a different opinion to them (and most others).
I would have left it at that, but when a third party jumped in, it may have appeared to carry on more than is warranted.

A mountain has been made out of a molehill. 4thgranny (?) did not denigrate WG's opinion, rather that they quoted stats on the VFL GF game, and it had been suggested that they watch the game. To see the attributes that were in discussion.
I agree this has blown out of proportion.

I have no issue with someone disputing my opinion, we aren't all going to agree on everything. It would be an incredibly boring forum if we did.

My whole point was purely around how one game doesn't sell me on a player. Am I happy we got him, yes, but that doesn't mean I don't have some thoughts on why I'm not sure he's the perfect answer for the blues

However when the other poster isn't providing a constructive disagreement then I am happy to call it out as an unnecessary post and it appears that Earls has the same fustrations

Three instances where the discussion around E.Hollards wasn't even making a point but just taking pot shots.

you'd be fun at a party!
Having a bad hair day?

were you on the hooch last night?

How do these posts relate in anyway to E.Hollands instead of the person trying to have a constructive discussion about a player?

Anyway I'm planning to drop the conversation as it is derailing the thread and i'd move on and talk about relevant topics

new posters are the lifeblood of any forum - I welcome and celebrate your opendmindedness, your sense of fairness, your efforts to maintain a balanced perspective whilst all around is raging fire and falling masonry......
Ill take this at face value because unfortunately online forums make it hard to determine sarcasm unless blatantly obvious. So thank you and hopefully other people see it that way

If not well... .... :poo:

How is that playing the poster?

Commenting on a poster's style is an observation of their written product over a period of time.
What was my modus operandi in this interaction?

You kept re-engaging with me despite having nothing to do with the original discussion, on tangents that had no relevance to my first post.
Yet you are happy to be the 3rd person in on a discussion that had nothing to do with you, yet you are complaining others are involved

I will generally respond for a while, but it doesn't take long to get sick of it.

You can respond as many times as you want, but don't take the high ground on people playing to poster then do exactly the same thing

If either Holland's struggle to establish themselves in our best 22, then that'll be because we have a good run with injuries, players like Durds, Dave, Marchy, Martin, Gov etc. have huge pre-seasons, Williams pinches someone's spot, Binns and Cow force their way in.
These are all positives, competition is good, bring it on.

What's wrong with Elijah hollands that he has slipped out of GCS' best 22 ?
519a00e0cfdbbd288fad0cd62a8e603444b15dc3fe819828c37d18be41cfcffa.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back