News Boak Steps Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Boak looked good in the middle last year when he had a few opportunities - is still his best role in my opinion.
I actually like Ebert at half forward anyway. Can take a mark and as much as we talk down his disposal he's always been a pretty reliable shot on goal. You also know he'll work for his possessions.

Definitely worth trying that swap. Both have been out of sorts.

KT on Travis.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2018-11-30/from-the-ceo-november-30
Dear Members and Supporters

2012 was a tumultuous year for the Port Adelaide Football Club. History will argue that it was the year that our Club hit rock bottom. I have never shared that view. We lost a coach, a President and a mate.

Only 5 times did we sing the Club song that year, and arguably our best player Robbie Gray was struck down with a season ending knee reconstruction. And whilst faint signs were appearing that a resurgence may be possible, leadership was absolutely essential. Through all the gloom, no statement resonated more in 2012 than the emergence of Travis Boak as a leader of our Club.

Whilst he would not officially accept the famous No 1 guernsey until the start of 2013, it was Trav’s decision to resist the Geelong Football Club and their brass band entourage in 2012 that helped lay the foundation for the spirited revival that was to come.

The decision had to be tough. He was loyal to Matthew Primus and had boughtthe vision that his coach had laid out for the Club. And as a devoted son and the lure of heading home to be with his family was playing strongly on his mind. All he wanted from us, was some certainty as to what the future of Port Adelaide looked like. He wanted to know the new plan, to help him make his decision.

Unfortunately, without a new coach, a large piece of the puzzle was missing! To his eternal credit, Trav saw in his mates and perhaps the Club itself, a steely resolve to improve. A more optimistic future beckoned, and Trav decided that he wanted to help shape it. And shape it he did…leading from the front as we stormed back to respectability as a football Club on the wings of fresh new energy, ideas anddesire to Never, Ever Give Up.

The Hinkley/Boak era had arrived and would come to life in spectacular fashion at the new Adelaide Oval in 2014…another truly historic moment for our Club. Boaky still has plenty of great footy ahead of him, and as Dom did for him, he will transition our new Captain in with poise and style. He will effortlessly pass down all of the traits that have made him an outstanding Captain during an incredible period of resurgence and growth. But his legacy was burnt into the soul of this Club, well before he was anointed as Captain.

His decision to stay and help the Club rebuild, when every other indicator was telling him to go, is what I will always remember. Travis Boak has been a fine but is an even more impressive young man. We should all be very proud of him.

Trav.

His first three years as captain were absolutely outstanding. There were multiple games in each of those seasons where we looked down and out and Trav would step up, have a big quarter, kick a big goal, and help get the team over the line.

His star has faded somewhat in the last few years ....
Definitive description.

KT on Travis.

Dear Members and Supporters

2012 was a tumultuous year for the Port Adelaide Football Club. History will argue that it was the year that our Club hit rock bottom. I have never shared that view. We lost a coach, a President and a mate.

Only 5 times did we sing the Club song that year, and arguably our best player Robbie Gray was struck down with a season ending knee reconstruction. And whilst faint signs were appearing that a resurgence may be possible, leadership was absolutely essential. Through all the gloom, no statement resonated more in 2012 than the emergence of Travis Boak as a leader of our Club.

Whilst he would not officially accept the famous No 1 guernsey until the start of 2013, it was Trav’s decision to resist the Geelong Football Club and their brass band entourage in 2012 that helped lay the foundation for the spirited revival that was to come.

The decision had to be tough. He was loyal to Matthew Primus and had boughtthe vision that his coach had laid out for the Club. And as a devoted son and the lure of heading home to be with his family was playing strongly on his mind. All he wanted from us, was some certainty as to what the future of Port Adelaide looked like. He wanted to know the new plan, to help him make his decision.

Unfortunately, without a new coach, a large piece of the puzzle was missing! To his eternal credit, Trav saw in his mates and perhaps the Club itself, a steely resolve to improve. A more optimistic future beckoned, and Trav decided that he wanted to help shape it. And shape it he did…leading from the front as we stormed back to respectability as a football Club on the wings of fresh new energy, ideas anddesire to Never, Ever Give Up.

The Hinkley/Boak era had arrived and would come to life in spectacular fashion at the new Adelaide Oval in 2014…another truly historic moment for our Club. Boaky still has plenty of great footy ahead of him, and as Dom did for him, he will transition our new Captain in with poise and style. He will effortlessly pass down all of the traits that have made him an outstanding Captain during an incredible period of resurgence and growth. But his legacy was burnt into the soul of this Club, well before he was anointed as Captain.

His decision to stay and help the Club rebuild, when every other indicator was telling him to go, is what I will always remember. Travis Boak has been a fine but is an even more impressive young man. We should all be very proud of him.

Trav.

Why did he sign it Trav?

Kt often, but not always, signs off with "KT." A few times he has just left it hanging after the last sentence. Funnily, this time I didnt see it as a signature at all! I just read it as a final affirmation at the end of his last comment. "We should all be very proud of him ..... Trav."

Kt often, but not always, signs off with "KT." A few times he has just left it hanging after the last sentence. Funnily, this time I didnt see it as a signature at all! I just read it as a final affirmation at the end of his last comment. "We should all be very proud of him ..... Trav."

lol yeah I did lol at that. Devils advocate, I think the letter was written by someone from the media department and it was originally to be written by "Trav" and not KT.

ce7b266d4f4b754aab7782cec4b5a765.jpg

When I read it I thought it's probably a mistake by someone in the website section.

I read it as Thanks Trav not just Trav, but it was obviously a mistake by someone.

KT always has always finished his emails with KT and his signature. Maybe the first one or two said Keith Thomas but I only remember KT and his signature. Obviously the signature is on a digital file for the website guys to apply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back