Bomber Thompson

Remove this Banner Ad

Edit: I wasn't sure whether Dank had worked at GC but given part of his ban by ASADA relates to banned sups that he administered there it is safe to say that he did in some capacity. Robinson was certainly employed by the AFL at GC.

All that has nothing to do with an Essendon angle or Bomba Thompson. That is what happened. That is a fact. Look into it yourselves if you don't believe me.

"Possibly" employed. Nice example of EFC style misinformation. Was he employed or not? You've had three plus years to find out.

Whether he was employed or not is mostly irrelevant.

The main question is always, did other players (at GFC and elsewhere), use his services? The only skill set he has is to provide PED's to athletes and, to ensure they don't piss hot if the testers come knocking.

Pesky facts not enough for comfortable satisfaction but
But probably the best outcome for the AFL though you'd have thought? Don't underestimate the AFL's role in the sups saga and the lengths it has gone to or not gone to to protect the brand. This in no way diminishes the fact that Essendon did the wrong thing by the way but that is a different discussion that has been done to death.

But probably the best outcome for the AFL though you'd have thought? Don't underestimate the AFL's role in the sups saga and the lengths it has gone to or not gone to to protect the brand. This in no way diminishes the fact that Essendon did the wrong thing by the way but that is a different discussion that has been done to death.

Best outcome for the AFL would have been for your club to not be using drug traffickers for supply (one who coincidentally was a mate of the coach) and therefore not have come to the attention of the ACC in the first place. But once they did, the AFL acted to minimise the damage, isolate it to one club, blame on a few individuals (one of which didn't want to play along coincidentally), and manage the brand. The main mistake was letting the players off (coincendentally a witness refused to testify) instead of finding them guilty with a nominal suspension. That pissed off the authorities and here we are.

No doubt other clubs were on gear to some degree (probs not inhouse).

Weirdly enough as much as I love stirring Cats posters I'd be devastated if there was something untoward going on at the Cattery - and without any evidence to suggest there was something dodgy going on Ill assume there wasn't

The Hawthorn/Geelong rivalry has been wonderful for the game so to tarnish that would piss me off no end.
well you don't need to worry I wouldn't have thought. S0 wasn't invented until 2011 so Bomber and the Wep could have been randomly jabbing every Cats player on the list with their special sauce and it wouldn't matter.

Personally I have absolutely zero doubt the Cats were on the peptides but back then they weren't doing anything wrong *shrugs*

Best outcome for the AFL would have been for your club to not be using drug traffickers for supply (one who coincidentally was a mate of the coach) and therefore not have come to the attention of the ACC in the first place. But once they did, the AFL acted to minimise the damage, isolate it to one club, blame on a few individuals (one of which didn't want to play along coincidentally), and manage the brand. The main mistake was letting the players off (coincendentally a witness refused to testify) instead of finding them guilty with a nominal suspension. That pissed off the authorities and here we are.

No doubt other clubs were on gear to some degree (probs not inhouse).
Can't disagree with any of that but again that discussion has been done to death.

True. Again to the OP, Bomber was smart enough to have one story and stick to it, so he's been looked after.
Not sure Bomba has been looked after that well to be honest. His career and rep will always be tarnished. As for the Wep... $1 million payout (rumoured to have been paid by the AFL), an executive MBA at Melbourne Uni and a job at KPMG. Not too shabby for a rodeo clown.

Robinson was certainly employed by the AFL at the Gold Coast start-up and Dank was possibly employed or at least used given Bock and his positive sample for a performance enhancing drug that seemed to receive little publicity.

Pesky facts.
Bock tested positive? o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well you don't need to worry I wouldn't have thought. S0 wasn't invented until 2011 so Bomber and the Wep could have been randomly jabbing every Cats player on the list with their special sauce and it wouldn't matter.

Personally I have absolutely zero doubt the Cats were on the peptides but back then they weren't doing anything wrong *shrugs*
No idea if individual players were or weren't, but given the Essendon saga, I've got zero doubt no other club has been a on a club sanctioned drug program. Like a nuclear bomb going off in the next suburb, people tend to notice those things.

No idea if individual players were or weren't, but given the Essendon saga, I've got zero doubt no other club has been a on a club sanctioned drug program. Like a nuclear bomb going off in the next suburb, people tend to notice those things.

Indeed. The jungle drums were beating the tune Essendon is on the juice well before the "blackest day".

True. Again to the OP, Bomber was smart enough to have one story and stick to it, so he's been looked after.
His one story has never been picked apart. Never been contradicted. His friendship with Dean Robinson and their history at Geelong made for some smoke. But that was a false alarm. The smoke was just wafting over from Essendon. Occasionally being blown by Robbo from the HS building.

Stasi interrogators determined that prisoners who kept to the same story- especially under duress of torture- were lying.
A 'normal' person will change their story in various small ways when tortured.

A liar will keep repeating the same thing.

Where there is coke, there is fire

Stasi interrogators determined that prisoners who kept to the same story- especially under duress of torture- were lying.
A 'normal' person will change their story in various small ways when tortured.

A liar will keep repeating the same thing.

Where there is coke, there is fire
So you guys are calling Bomba a liar because the Stasi used to torture people and some of them may have stuck to their stories and because Geelong were so bloody good they must have been on the good stuff. OK. Carry on fools.

So you guys are calling Bomba a liar because the Stasi used to torture people and some of them may have stuck to their stories and because Geelong were so bloody good they must have been on the good stuff. OK. Carry on fools.

I think you are trying to find something that isn't there. FastLane was actually offering something pertinent regarding sticking to a story. Ron Iddles (Vicpol Homicide Squad) often stated "Beware the witness whose memory improves with the passage of time". I'm glad Bomber remembered it was an A3 Excel Spreadsheet after a passage of time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back