Remove this Banner Ad

neng

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2008
London
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi guys,

Just been thinking about purchasing some new boots for the upcoming season. However I have been thinking about which brand in particular I will buy, because I have found a few flaws, particularly with Puma, as good as the boots are, they just seem to fall apart after one season. I have stopped growing so I am really looking for boots that will last.

These are the ones I previously had

sme301C20121.jpg

Light photo, but as much as they are beginning to fall apart, they have been good boots, really have found I don't slip and get good ball connection with them.

The previous boots I had before them were the best I ever had in my opinion, I got given them for free by an ex-Claremont player, who had bundles of boots and I got first dibs, got these ones and loved them, they came with 3 different soles and just felt amazing to kick with, and even better, would have lasted for 3 years or more if my feet didn't grow an extra few centimetres.

tunit-f504.jpg

Had these in a different colour.

I also had a pair of cheaper Puma's the year before that which also fell apart, but thats what you get for buying cheap I guess. I have never tried Nike, I have had friends who have got nasty blisters from them. Have wanted to try the new Asics but haven't tried them yet.

So I was wondering what you guys wear, and if any boots have really impressed you in the past. Hopefully get some pattern flowing to get some idea of what I should buy. :thumbsu:

I've worn adidas for the past 4 years, Predators for the last 3. I find them good boots but I haven't really worn any others lately so I can't compare them.
Thinking of getting an orange pair of puma's this year. The guy in sportspower told me they were very light and this can only be good IMO. I am still growing however so I may not have your problem with them falling apart.

You may have bought already but i can't recommend Asics more highly. They produce some of the best running shoes and know how to make a good boot. They fit well, cleats grab well but release when needed and i've had a pair for seven seasons wore them every week and they are still in pretty good shape. Find a pair at a good price and you'll be happy.

What I've found is that Nike and Adidas etc make boots without much arch support. I had lots of foot problems when i had Nike's and have now been using Asics for the past couple of years and they are the best boots I've ever owned. Good arch and heel support, fit well and are extremely comfortable

What I've found is that Nike and Adidas etc make boots without much arch support. I had lots of foot problems when i had Nike's and have now been using Asics for the past couple of years and they are the best boots I've ever owned. Good arch and heel support, fit well and are extremely comfortable
Ive actually had the opposite experience. Had Nike Tiempos and those Air 90s the previous few years and had no heel spurs through that period (after previously having them). Last season got Asics and had heel spurs midway to end of season.

it all personal preference and the different types of feet etc etc.

i wore pumas all through juniors and can’t remember having problems. then at about u/18s changed nike for a couple of seasons and no issues (with feet and lower leg anyway) then decided to go predators for one year and had issues for 5 odd weeks, went back to my trusty old tiempos and haven’t had any issues for the last 18months.

i would love to try new boots but unfortunately it will be waste of money for me. I have never tried asics but A LOT of the boys recommend them highly.

but generally what feels best on your foot works so i suggest not to change.

I've worn predators for the last 5 years and they've been great boots. Just don't like the look of the newer ones and at over $200 they're a bit out my price range.

Just bought myself a pair of Asics Tigreors on recommendations from heaps of people. Trained in them a couple of times and I love them. They're light, comfortable and make great contact with the footy. They retail for $220 odd but I found them on ebay for $120 + postage. They're sent from South Korea (don't worry, they're genuine) and arrived in under 4 days. Check them out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ASICS-LETHAL-TI...ort_Soccer_Clothing_Boots&hash=item27b8470cd6

^^^^ the only place i buy boots and shoes from. (it is easier when you buy the same shoes year after year so sizing is not an issue)

90% sure that eastbay dont sell asics though.

also the often have 15-20-25% off so pick the right time and its gold.

due to the world cup last year when companies release new 'versions' of last years boots, there are not that many 'new boots'. For example the tiempos this year are just a rehash from last years ones. generally the new boots get released in europe in june/july but we dont see them till feb. thats why often half way through the season you will see boots you havent seen before being worn by players. example is players like fletch and mcveigh wearing these boots in july last year.

http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...trx-fg-mens/?cm=GLOBAL SEARCH: KEYWORD SEARCH

by the look of it, they seem different to the ones released in australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eastbay looks good and all, can anyone shed light on their experience buying off this site? Whats the shipping time and costs like?

Also, would you guys recommend buying skins from eastbay too? Their Nike half shorts although for soccer are $100 less than what you see at Rebel Sport...

Eastbay looks good and all, can anyone shed light on their experience buying off this site? Whats the shipping time and costs like?

Also, would you guys recommend buying skins from eastbay too? Their Nike half shorts although for soccer are $100 less than what you see at Rebel Sport...

I purchased from Eastbay last year and found their shipping times to be pretty good, took about a week and the best part is you can track it inline the whole time. When i used it i didnt get free postage, was about $90 postage but in saying that it was a large order...27 items in all ranging from clothes, gloves, shorts and also some UA under armour gear. The UA gear whilst not quite as effective in compression as the new skins models was very cheap by comparison and works well...

I def would recommend it to anyone. Shipping takes less than a week and such a massive range. I have ordered from there about 20x atleast. Make sure you google retail me not and search eastbay coupons there is usually a nice code to make it even cheaper.

Compression shorts: I have under armour core shorts, best shorts I've had. Used to have some Nike ones and I wouldn't go back.

Asics are a comfortable fit. Problem is, as mentioned, they aren't offered at Eastbay, and the selection on e-bay is poor. They don't even have my size of 10.5.

Any other sites that people recommend before I do something silly and buy a $160 pair from sportspower only to find out a couple of days later I could have got them shipped for half the price?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back