The Law Boy off to court for recieving a stolen 70 cent Freddo frog.

Remove this Banner Ad

How hard is it not to flog s**t?

There are concequenses to actions. It's not like this was an accident. WHy shoudl anyone respect the law if they don;t have to? Well done I say.

how hard is it for you to read the story? it was alleged he received a stolen Freddo Frog, you know that means someone else pinched it, right?

What a wonderful use of police & court resources. sheesh is it so crime-free in WA that the cops have to resort to this to ease their boredom?

Did the kid know the Freddo was stolen? If one of my friends came up and said "Hey G, you want a Freddo?" the thought that it might be stolen would never even occur to me. The sign from the shop though is a different matter.

The Police have now withdrawn the charges, as the young boy has no prior criminal history. I hope the kids parents sue the Cops.

for what?

Unlawful arrest, they threw him in a Police cell for several hours, for accepting a Freddo Frog from a friend. Now it turns out he is completely innocent.

Now tell me, if this child was white would he have received the same treatment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^ Ironic, considering you advocacy of police killing a child only 3 years older than this kid...

This kid hadn't just robbed a store & stolen two knives & threatened innocent people & the police, OH wait, Tyler was white so therefore deserved better treatment. :rolleyes:

White? You picked the wrong person mantis. I bet you woldn't say that to his mother. Hypocrite.

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/stories/764199/lethal-force

Yes I know you aren't a racist, but trying to compare these two incidents is like comparing apples & oranges.

The 12 year old did nothing wrong, while Tyler was on a rampage, yes it is a tragedy, if the police had have the use of tazers then it mightn't have ended so tragically. But the fact is, he was running around with two knives threating people, the 12 year old did nothing except accept a chocolate from a friend,

Wrongful improsonment? Don't tell me you are going to defend this travesty even after the police have admitted it was wrong?

Wrongful imprisonment are you kidding me?

The kid was caught receiving stolen goods.

Hopefully this incident has put a scare into him that the soft warnings he has received before obviously have failed to do.

Which of this is 'admitting they are wrong?

Northam police have defended the charges against claims they were racially motivated, saying the boy had come to their notice in the past without being charged.

But Police Commissioner Karl O'Callaghan said today he had written to the court, asking for the charges to be withdrawn. He said the matter should be sent back to the police juvenile justice team, which usually dealt with such matters.

Mr O'Callaghan said the laying of the charges was "technically correct" and denied he was undermining the authority of the officers who had arrested and charged the boy.
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26362992-29277,00.html

How about..

He denied there were any racial overtones to the matter and said police employed a number of methods to try to keep juveniles out of the court, including cautions and the use of the juvenile justice teams.

"When they don't work it's entirely appropriate that we escalate matters to the children's court," he said.

they had tried the soft approach on this kid and it didn't work. As I said earlier, they wouldn't have arrested the kid if this was the first they had seen on him.

Nicky

You seem to have missed the news tonight, where the police have dropped all charges, because the boy has no priors, but keep going.

LOL, I have to laugh at you're receiving stolen goods, a Freddo Frog get real. :eek:

Nicky

You seem to have missed the news tonight, where the police have dropped all charges, because the boy has no priors, but keep going.

LOL, I have to laugh at you're receiving stolen goods, a Freddo Frog get real. :eek:

What do you think "the boy had come to their notice in the past without being charged" meant?

To explain it simply to you, he had been busted before and cautioned, warned etc, none of it worked, read what I posted, it's there in plain english.

and Nicky? you're really reaching if that's part of your argument...

Does the metaphor about a straw breaking a camel's back confuse you too?

What do you think "the boy had come to their notice in the past without being charged" meant?

To explain it simply to you, he had been busted before and cautioned, warned etc, none of it worked, read what I posted, it's there in plain english.

and Nicky? you're really reaching if that's part of your argument...

Does the metaphor about a straw breaking a camel's back confuse you too?

No, they said on the news tonight, he has never been cautioned, or done anything wrong, Seems they just saw his skin colour & arrested him. Keep going though, all blacks are bad right?

Then people wonder why they grow up hating us whiteys. :rolleyes:

No, they said on the news tonight, he has never been cautioned, or done anything wrong, Seems they just saw his skin colour & arrested him. Keep going though, all blacks are bad right?

Then people wonder why they grow up hating us whiteys. :rolleyes:

Oh really, source?

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26362992-29277,00.html

Northam police have defended the charges against claims they were racially motivated, saying the boy had come to their notice in the past without being charged.

Yesterday, Acting Superintendent Peter Halliday, of Northam police, said outside the court that the boy's arrest and charging were justified

Can you mount a case without just trying to call me racist?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back