Brad Hill: Overweight, slow and a tad soft

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda are on the rise, in the top 4, can't we just let the long suffering Saints fans enjoy their time in the sun without an arguably petty thread by someone obviously still not over BHill leaving the Hawks

People need to remember that the game is a completely different length. Hill would go close to being the fittest player in the comp, and as such would be doing his best work at the end of quarters and end of games when his strengths take over.

I agree that he's underperformed this year but he's not slow or unfit.

Even if you just look at this game right now, he currently has 29 sprints which is the most on the ground. 2nd place only has 18. He also has the most repeat sprints, furthest distance ran at high speed and the fastest recorded sprint.

Did he get the footy?

Who cares, his inclusion into our side (along with others) has seen us move up the ladder. Anyone who has watched us play this year can see we don't have a "superstar" player. Our side is very evenly spread and everyone is doing their part playing in a fast attacking game plan, something which Hill is definitely doing.

Weird thread, played one of his best games for us tonight.

Thread stinks of a Hawthorn supporter pissed off that he left them for a premiership contender.
Weird post, Freo weren't a premiership contender.

He's definitely not overweight though. And he's still probably the best kick at full speed in the comp.

Suprised he has not killed a game yet.
I beleive he thought he was going to st kilda to retire & is still adjusting.
If he starts peaking at the end of the season look out world..

He hasn't had the start anyone would like at St. Kilda and when I first saw him after the first COVID break, I must admit I didn't think his body shape looked very good at all.

We all know about his endurance and that base would still be keeping him in good stead, but it's not an observation without merit that he looks unfit. On the soft comment, well I highly doubt he was traded in for his inside ball winning. Expect him to work his way into the season nicely tbh, will be interesting though.

He's a seagull. Not the same player without the Hawthorn midfield feeding him disposals.

He’s had second half fade outs in I reckon 7/9 matches. It makes the question of fitness a valid one. His first halves have been generally very good.

I’m not too fussed while we are winning. If he can get it together consistently then it makes the team even better. If we start to lose then obviously he’ll be a target.

His last couple of games have been pretty decent. Still hasn’t gotten as much footy as you’d expect, but has impacted both matches with around 15 touches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice of all of you to be worried about Hilly on our account.

We’re very happy to have him. May not be playing to his absolute peak right now, but doing plenty of good things on and off the ball. We absolutely expect him to be worth his weight in gold with his fitness as the season progresses and when we go back to the longer games.

Besides, we’ve got him for another 5+ years. Definitely not a trade we’ll ever regret.

Did he get the footy?

Second quarter yesterday: Hill lays a tackle on Swans player in the defensive 50 and the ball spills out, handball chain finishes with Hill who has jumped off the deck and sprinted his guts out to make the receive on the wing and delivers inside 50, finishes with Butler who goals from 30 meters out directly in front.

Amazing effort.

Nice of all of you to be worried about Hilly on our account.

We’re very happy to have him. May not be playing to his absolute peak right now, but doing plenty of good things on and off the ball. We absolutely expect him to be worth his weight in gold with his fitness as the season progresses and when we go back to the longer games.

Besides, we’ve got him for another 5+ years. Definitely not a trade we’ll ever regret.

He's a big game player as well as seen in his performances in Hawthorn's grand finals; but then your unlikely to see that at St Kilda.

Second quarter yesterday: Hill lays a tackle on Swans player in the defensive 50 and the ball spills out, handball chain finishes with Hill who has jumped off the deck and sprinted his guts out to make the receive on the wing and delivers inside 50, finishes with Butler who goals from 30 meters out directly in front.

Amazing effort.

I'm a fan, the OP was running aths stats, its footy we play, he's a beauty.

He's a big game player as well as seen in his performances in Hawthorn's grand finals; but then your unlikely to see that at St Kilda.

Somehow I think it’s more of a chance than Judd was at Carlton.

Not sure why he has to be so maligned for being an outside player, when there's plenty of inside players who would love to run and carry like he does. Not every player can be a complete player.

Hasn't been having as much of an impact as we would have hoped, but calling him overweight and slow is just a stupid call and reeks of someone seeking attention for a s**t call. He's the best two way runner in the AFL and as quick as anyone, go watch the footage of him against Richmond if you need a reminder of that.

He thrives on his running capacity allowing him to tear the game up as it goes on and other players start to get tired. The shorter game obviously doesn't suit him as much but this has to be one of the biggest nuff calls I've seen all year, so congrats

Contract originally carried over from Hawthorn who obviously had a tight salary cap at the time. If you guessed what he was on and then halved it you would get your answer. Don't blame the guy at all for taking the cash.
I don't think that's how contracts work mate. His Hawthorn contract would have been null and void and he would have signed a new one, on better money, at freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back