Brad Hill: Overweight, slow and a tad soft

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread has gone a bit quiet.....does that mean Brad Hill must be going ok? being awarded the 10 coaches' votes

FT_U5TUaMAIIg7g

This thread has gone a bit quiet.....does that mean Brad Hill must be going ok? being awarded the 10 coaches' votes

FT_U5TUaMAIIg7g
That native american bird on his left arm is a shocker hey. Better than Membery's palm tree but that's a pretty low bar obviously.

FT_U5TUaMAIIg7g
PRIME example of an AEROBIC athlete. Doesn't need to have big bulging arms or even appear to be super athletic to be a high performing athlete.

Playing great footy right now and I reckon most people love to see it.

Answered his critics today, played a great game running off half back and setting up scoring chances, looks like we've finally worked out how to use him.

A bad day for all the Hill haters out there, he shut them up today.
Had a horrible game tonight.

Saw him tackled by Charlie Cameron and got done for holding the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a very good first half of the season which finished with two massive games (for a combined 63 disposals, 19 marks and 1250m gained) he was clamped down on by Brisbane and had an off night. Not a big deal

I watched the Eagles vs Saints game on the weekend.

Brad Hill got tackled. he was in the ground in pain. when I say it the 1st time, I actually though he injuried his shoulder.

Turns out he injured his leg, well his knee to be exact. Sad to see him injured though.

He’s good enough. I don’t think anyone will disagree that he’s overpaid a bit but he’s not alone there.

A bit like Isaac Smith but on about 400k more per year.

Answered his critics today, played a great game running off half back and setting up scoring chances, looks like we've finally worked out how to use him.

A bad day for all the Hill haters out there, he shut them up today.
I am sure he did mate....

Saints were practically done and dead by quater time, Buried at Half time.

Not even the Great Brad Hill could do anything about it lol

Of course. But I'm not trading pick 10 and change and paying him $800k a year. That's why there is a Hill thread on the main board. He's a good player, but he's not a top 50 player. He was brought in as a big name recruit and the Saints paid overs to get him. When he went from Hawthorn to Freo there was basically zero scrutiny because at the time he wasn't one of Hawthorn's best players and Freo traded pick 23 for him. It's a bit like Tim Kelly. If he had down games for Geelong big whoop he's a guy that has played two seasons. Now he's a high profile guy we paid to get the pressure is on to perform as a top level player.
Brad Hill trade as a result....

Dockers handed Brad Hill and a 2020 3rd rounder.

Saints gave the dockers in return? Pick 10, pick 58, Blake Acres , 2020 2nd rounder and 2020 4th rounder.

What Saints gave to freo was what you would offer for an elite inside mid like a Dustin Martin or Patty Dangerfield or a Key forward kicking 50-70 goals a season.

Also.... Brad Hills contract situation at the dockers when he joined at the end of 2016....

Brad Hills 5 year contract was front loaded. 2.5 million over 5 seasons. $700,000 a year on years 1 and 2. $500,000 on year 3 in 2019. had he stayed in 2020 and 2021, he would only be on $300,000 a year in 2020 and 2021.

Saints offered $900,000 a year for 4 ot 5 or 6 years.

Anyone who thinks that Brad Hill is not on $900,000 a year at the saints is deluded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back