News Brad Hill requests trade to Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaves D Pearce cutting oranges ;)

Close your eyes and think Mayne for Hill, not 23 and all will be right. Both are true depending how you look at it.

I really believe Hill's drop in form this year has been purely based on his drive to return home - I've seen it multiple times with Indigenous players across different levels. He's going to be massive for us.

Where the holy hell does this leave D. Pearce and now??

Hawks were good enough to honour his request and it's still a good deal for us.

Glad we didn't suddenly become pricks about it.

Yeah, got to look at this as a win. I would have liked some steak-knives in the way of picks only because they might come in handy with Kirsten and, if not that, then at least an extra pick bit higher up to fill a spot.

But we're getting something of a known quantity and he was contracted after all. Basically hitting his prime playing wise and with 140-150 games left in him, maybe bit more if we're lucky. It's a solid deal.

Brad's played 95 games with the wees 'n' poos. His brother has already ticked over 150 for us. Assuming Brad raises the bat in purple, the Hill name will be prominent in Freo team sheets for generations to come.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is good news. If we can resource him correctly he will be a gun. But now we have both Hills, Bennel, Fyfe, Weller, Mundy, Neale, Croz, Sheridan all kicking it into the 50 instead of D.Pearce, Suban and Sutcliffe.

He is scared of his own shadow but he also can do freakish things and I reckon he'll bring out the best in his brother as well.

Very good point and a real key to our improvement - Pavlich will be turning in his retirement looking at those forward fifty kicking skills!

Will definely be icing on the cake , you know i am a peel fan also, just hard to see both playing for them , will hindrance the young guy development. They are no mdb and gu.

How is them playing for peel a hindrance to youth development? If they are playing for Peel, probably means a young guy is playing in the 1s.

In defence of Danyl ....he is still a hard runner with a fair bit of pace - if he holds his place, that's another match up issue.

We can (& do) hang s**t on him but hey young guys - come and take his spot.

The best thing about Hill is his ability to be running at full speed, slow down and steady and deliver lace out inside 50. What will frustrate freo fans is how easy he gets pushed off the ball and can be soft at times but his positives far outweigh his negatives. You'll notice him more at the game live how much hard unrewarded running he does and especially late in games he'll still be going the same speed when others slow down.

The best thing about Hill is his ability to be running at full speed, slow down and steady and deliver lace out inside 50. What will frustrate freo fans is how easy he gets pushed off the ball and can be soft at times but his positives far outweigh his negatives. You'll notice him more at the game live how much hard unrewarded running he does and especially late in games he'll still be going the same speed when others slow down.

From what I've seen, the strong sea breeze we get over here will push him off the ball.

But like you say, what he does well he does exceptionally well. As long as we ask him to do the things he's good at and he'll serve us really well. Enjoy that shiny new pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new oval has more width to it too right? Which means more space for the Hills, Langdon, Weller, Yarran and Bennell to run around in?

Most People seem to think we won the trade, for those who still think we lost this one.

View attachment 299712

We both won imo

We lost a player & gained a player

Hawks lost a player & gained a pick

Slightly in our favour, sure, but we didn't take them to the cleaners and nor did they

I think we have lost out on the "Mayne for Hill" vein of thought at this point in time.

B Hill isn’t my favourite player and not worth pick 23 alone but could have a brighter future. He hasn’t cracked hawks best and fairest top 10 at any stage…however hawks were a good side during 2012-2016. Neither is BHill worth mayne to be honest. I think we’re underestimating Maynes impact in our side, as reflected by mayne cracking our best and Fairest top ten five times 2016 (5th), 2015 (9th), 2013 (6th), 2012 (2nd!), 2011 (10th). The only thing I can say is that it took Mayne 4 years to get into the top ten and BHill has only been in AFL for 4 years, so time will tell.

However we could have lost Mayne and got nothing in return. So that makes me feel a bit better.

Agreed we have been crying out for someone to break the lines this year, we were very stagnant. Pump games into Langdon as well and suddenly we have a couple of players that can break the lines all game - elite endurance and speed.

Agreed we have been crying out for someone to break the lines this year, we were very stagnant. Pump games into Langdon as well and suddenly we have a couple of players that can break the lines all game - elite endurance and speed.

Don't forget Lachie Weller - that kid has awesome burst speed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back