News Brad Hill requests trade to Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if pick 20,21,22,24 and 25 are all busts but pick 23 is a jet? It doesn't really matter too much because we probably would've taken a different player anyway. Brad Hill will play 150 games for us and do quite well in about 130 of them which I think is a great return from a pick 23.

Maybe 23 will be a jet but Freo will end up with 27 to 29 after all the academy players. I'm happy with Hill at 23

We are grabbing the bull by the horns in trading this year, seems so different to last year... and all West Aussie fellas so far and more on the agenda.... very proud!

The Hill boys will thrive and both lift from this and natural instinct/second nature/kindred spirit (what eva you wanna call it) will no doubt have plenty of those "#%+! n ell did I really just see that?" type plays...

Can't wait!

Close your eyes and think Mayne for Hill, not 23 and all will be right. Both are true depending how you look at it.

I really believe Hill's drop in form this year has been purely based on his drive to return home - I've seen it multiple times with Indigenous players across different levels. He's going to be massive for us.

Where the holy hell does this leave D. Pearce and now??

super excited by the speed and youth our midfield depth has right now
fingers crossed we can translate that into more wins next season

Close your eyes and think Mayne for Hill, not 23 and all will be right. Both are true depending how you look at it.

I really believe Hill's drop in form this year has been purely based on his drive to return home - I've seen it multiple times with Indigenous players across different levels. He's going to be massive for us.

Peel...it leaves him at Peel.

Bring on 2017 .... seriously. Strap yourselves in and feel the G's as we propel from bottom to the top in on a rocket ship!

Weller needs to push DP out imo. Hill and DP can easily coexist but in time I expect Weller to overtake DP with his ability to find the ball, apply defensive pressure and use the ball better without sacrificing metres gained.

Hill will play outside or ahead of the contest while DP/Weller behind it imo.

The depth of the club is going to be great next year. Hopefully some of younger players step up but as it currently sits that's not much difference between our 10th best player and our 30th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is awesome. We are finally looking like a team with some foot skills. I am genuinely excited about 2017 now. We really have cut all of the players with dubious foot skills. Quite a few options for Bradley, and I can picture the 2 Hill brothers linking up from defense into the forward 50 lace out!

I think it is a fair trade for both parties at 23.

Fun Fact : WCE have recently enough taken Koby Stevens and Murray Newman with pick 23 from the draft.

I think had we of known that we were going to get pick 23 for Chris Mayne we might of asked for a pick in return. But the deal was that we send our second round compensation pick to Hawthorn in exchange for Brad Hill and we have done that.

If we get Kersten and Hamling as well then we have done extremely well from the trade period.

Fun Fact : WCE have recently enough taken Koby Stevens and Murray Newman with pick 23 from the draft.

If we get Kersten and Hamling as well then we have done extremely well from the trade period.

Another fun fact, Hamling, Hill and Kersten were picks 32,33 & 34 in the 2011 draft. We picked Alex Forster (Lachie Neales childhood bromance) with pick 29.

Another fun fact -

Priddis and Sam Mitchell ran against each other in a charity 100m race in 2014.

No one knows who won as it was dark by the time they reached the finish line & organisers had to pack up after the first hour.

Trade him to WB for Hamling

Easy

Lol you sure are persistent
Will definely be icing on the cake , you know i am a peel fan also, just hard to see both playing for them , will hindrance the young guy development. They are no mdb and gu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back