News Brad Hill requests trade to Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id say freo will go in with pick 35 initially to try and get the hill deal done and maybe a swap of later picks in the hawks favour, to even it out. Considering they are trading out all their early picks for omeara and mitchell theyll be using later picks

If someone asked me: "Would you trade Mayne for Brad Hill in a straight swap?" I'd probably say 'yes'.

Just have to forget about pick 23 - pretend like we never had it.

Yeah. If someone offered to swap my Camry for an Audi I'll do it in a heartbeat.

But than, if I just realized I've won the crazy trade lotto and I'm getting $2 million for my Camry, I'm bloody keeping the money :D

On trade 54 for Kersten?
AFL.com.au are the indicating in their latest trade wrap that Geelong would likely agreed to a pick between 50 and 60 for Kersten. I like the sound of that.

So 54 for Kersten and we keep 35 and 43.

The Tom Mitchell deal sounds like:
#14, #72
Mitchell, #57

So no major loss for the Hawks exchanging 54 for 61 and getting back 57 from Swans.

I will say I'm not super keen on Bradley Hill as a required component of Freo's future success. I'm not a big fan of outside runners and Bradley Hill's stats weren't that great in 2016 (compared to his 2015). But then, Freo are screaming for players that can help our lack of inside 50s (a fit Harley Bennell will).

Also, sometimes you don't know the true positive value of having brothers playing together in a team. When I include that consideration and the possible upside of it, pick#23 is good with me ... but if we can get him cheaper, then even better.
I'd start trade talk with #35 on the table and negotiate down to Superkoops idea, if Hawks are playing hardball and all else fails, give up #23 ... if Hawks want more than that, I'd be thinking of how to break the bad news to Stephen Hill about his brother not coming to Freo.

Surely the Swans aren't adding in the late round sweetener for the Hawks?
Mitchell is worth more then 14 by himself and Swans throwing in the sweetener makes it less.

Kersten I wish we would make walk to the PSD, noone will touch him and we need all picks from until like the 7th round anyway + he is set on leaving for the opportunity

Really hope Hamling comes to Freo

Wonder how Litherland is going under that cap squeeze, could be available for the PSD in 2 months time and worth a shot rather then pick 90

Hill and 36 for Hill and 23 and 43 would be a pretty good result, sadly I think its just 23 for Hill

What about 23 and 43 for Hill and 36?

Moves us into the late second round which would be enough for Kersten you would think.

Works out to Mayne and 43 for Hill and Kersten.

Definitely doesn't hurt to ask. As Hill is not absolutely essential to our needs we could at least push the deal late into the second week or the trade period and make Hawthorn sweat. That being said I'm not unhappy with just giving up 23 for B Hill, or even upgrading a third round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait and see what the Eagles give Hawthorn for their reigning B&F. There's no way we should be throwing away anything better to them for B Hill. Sheez our Mayne compo would be equivalent to a late first rounder in a lesser draft year.

Hill was picked at #33, and it's fair to say he has outperformed where he was drafted. He's been better than our #16/20 picks (Sheridan/Crozier), and would go around #15 with hindsight. The Mayne compo pick is fair enough on face value. Hawthorn's salary cap issues could be a factor that we could at least push to try and get a bargain.

Hill was picked at #33, and it's fair to say he has outperformed where he was drafted. He's been better than our #16/20 picks (Sheridan/Crozier), and would go around #15 with hindsight. The Mayne compo pick is fair enough on face value. Hawthorn's salary cap issues could be a factor that we could at least push to try and get a bargain.

Hill has nominated us. Hawthorn wants him off the books. It doesn't matter what his fair value is in the open market, what matters is that we should really have the upper hand in these negotiations. It's not like we're agitating Hill to go to the PSD, pick 35 is still a decent pick in a draft relatively deep for mids.

I really do want us to keep 23 as a live pick unless there is a chance we can trade back into the 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back