Autopsy Brave Bulldogs go down by 14 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Ed Richards looks like he could be a premier midfield in the league.

Huge win for the season

Have to say our system looks really good atm and we were the better team. Richards going out killed us but we kept fighting. Proud of the effort

And honestly long term, if we can pleaseeee keep Baz all of a sudden our future midfield with Baz, Sanders, Richard’s, West, Garcia is looking genuinely strong. Pinch one more gun first liner mid from draft or trade/ FA and we’ve genuinely rebuilt the mids on the fly
I believe a rebuild on the fly is called an evolution these days

Not sure if anyone noticed, but the diabolical 50 late against VDM was paid by umpire #32.

Jacob Mollison, I believe is his name. I may have mentioned it earlier. 🤔
OK you've made your point. Singling out individual umpires is poor form. We can't complain about Sydney supporters if we also behave like them.

I know some current and former umpires (sad, I know).

I'll ask them to pass my regards on to Mr Mollison. 🤔

Please ask them what their problem with us is?

We are arguably the fairest and softest team in the league. Also the most compliant in regard to our attempts to get the ball moving, in play, etc. we do everything they say they want but aren’t benefiting from doing so.

They should love and reward us, rather than what they currently do which is assist other teams in stifling our game style illegally and penalise us every opportunity they can.

Umps didn’t cost us, Sydney the slightly better team but we hung tough and turn to complete shit like we did against Essendon.

Even with the injuries Collingwood are going to be ripe for the picking next week, even though they are waving the white flag tomorrow v. Freo.

I like that Beveridge still had the courage to try and win the game by shifting The Bont forward for much of the last 15 minutes when the game looked beyond reach. At this point it was a rotation of Treloar, Sanders, Garcia, West and Gallagher.

When the easy and predictable thing to do would've been to go with the tried and true.

With 4 minutes to go, we'd dragged the score to within 8 points and he was still willing to go with Treloar, West and Garcia. When the easy thing to do would've been to rush the Bont back in there. It's pretty obvious now that what he said about getting more pace into the starting mids during pre-season is something that he's all in on.

That the ball eventually ended up with an awful game ending 50 metre penalty against VDM doesn't change the fact that we were willing to roll the dice and win the game instead of trying to save it. As an aside that 50 meter penalty was no worse than when the Lizard knocked the ball out of Darcy's hands on the 50mtere arc a few minute before.

That was the true sliding doors moment of the game.

Hard one to swallow, but can still walk away with many positives. My biggest positive was that we ran the game out better than the opposition, despite them playing touch footy for the last five weeks, despite us coming of a five day break in the wet, despite losing the best player on the ground and our most damaging forward, despite being demoralised by continuous factors out of our control and also factors in our control that can be demoralising. Best of all, it was our younger brigade that were on top of the ground at the end.

I’ll take a few days cursing everything that went wrong tonight, but after that I’ll be reasonably pleased for the first time in a while about what the future might look like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Main thing tonight is that performance evoked some real pride in the team. They competed amazingly well, I thought the team played well on the whole and stood up when they could’ve dropped their heads after the injuries and the swans got up by a decent margin.

But that’s another game that should’ve been won. Two goals (at least) from incredibly stupid kicks into the corridor from deep inside defensive 50. 2-3 goals missed from very easy set shots. 2-3 goals given away because almost nobody can tackle effectively in/around defensive 50.

I have been on the “Bevo out” train for a while, but ffs the players need to get a grip here. I do think there is a coaching failing as well because missed tackles and poor set shit goal kicking is team-wide so must be at least somewhat a club problem. But the players need to take some ****ing pride in what they’re doing and stop being so easy to shrug aside.

It feels like this side is close. But it always feels like that, so jury still out.

Please ask them what their problem with us is?

We are arguably the fairest and softest team in the league. Also the most compliant in regard to our attempts to get the ball moving, in play, etc. we do everything they say they want but aren’t benefiting from doing so.

They should love and reward us, rather than what they currently do which is assist other teams in stifling our game style illegally and penalise us every opportunity they can.

It's generally a waste of time. They genuinely believe they call each decision on its merits to the best of their ability. 🤪

They're also not keen to discuss individual incidents I've found. One of them is a Dogs supporter (retired, not current), and even questionable decisions he downplays.

I'm curious to see if there is any media questioning of that 50. The 7 commentary team were certainly in little doubt it was in the contest and VDM did nothing wrong.

Umps didn’t cost us, Sydney the slightly better team but we hung tough and turn to complete s**t like we did against Essendon.

Even with the injuries Collingwood are going to be ripe for the picking next week, even though they are waving the white flag tomorrow v. Freo.

Er, I reckon that 50 late was fairly costly. Still...

Sometimes it's not the number of frees it's when and where they're paid.

Bit concerning the number of concussion prone players we have.

Not suggesting it’s anything the club is doing wrong, seems to be just bad luck but Richards, Libba, Scott and English have all had some issues and we’ve had a couple retire over the years.

Proud of how VDM reacted when that call was made, he remained calm, professional and didn't abuse or complain. Do feel bad about being rough about his spot in the team, but he is deserving to be in it.

Heartbreaking but also not heartbreaking because I can see the light and it's bright. Really friggen bright.

Pray for Naughts, pain in the arse, but cold comfort for those other p****s they barely scraped over the line against a team sitting 11th with three out of the game. Frauds.

Hello Swans fans enjoying this post...

I stand by it. Your side can bleed. You barely beat 11th with three players down. No use going out in straight sets.

Enjoy this.

IMG_1688.jpeg

Loved seeing the fight from the team. Unlucky to not get the win, but what a performance to not let them get the run on in the last.

Was really impressed with the young guns. JUH, Darcy and Garcia were standouts against the best team in the comp. That is awesome. Thought Freijah looked good apart from a few costly mistakes.

Would like to see us go away from Bramble and Daniel to pump some games into younger players. Our list could really be in a strong spot going into next year.

Ed looked like one of the top midfielders in the league before the injury. Hope he and naughton aren’t out long.

What an effort, proud of the boys.
Agreed and well said.

We missed too many opportunities in front of goal. It is an area we need to improve on.

However seeing the likes of West, Garcia, JUH, Sanders, Gags, Darcy stand up when the pressure was on makes footy enjoyable. Hope in the selection thread none of their names are included in the outs. Madness not to give then a decent run.

Swans supporters go EAD with umpires. You lost in 2016, 2014, 2022 because you were not good enough. Suck it up princesses.

There are still some concerns but as I keep repeating we are not to far away, just need to put time in our quality young players and keep bringing them in. We may still salvage a fair bit from this year

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our young players have been getting a great run.
Doubt any of the players named will miss out next week given our injuries, but if they do so be it, they shouldn’t over react to being dropped at this stage in their careers.

Sanders has been really struggling with the pace of the game at senior AFL level all season, and is lucky to have been given as many games as he’s gotten.

I still expect he will improve with time as he gains experience and composure but it also looks like they need to do some serious training with him to improve his pace, because he has pretty much looked like the slowest player on the field in every game he has played so far.

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that he has some sort of injury. They should possibly check him for O.P.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back