Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Scharenberg is going to struggle to get a game to be honest. He's coming from miles and miles back and guys like Ramsay and Maynard (and Sinclair) are really coming on and/or offering something different.

I think Scharenberg is going to struggle to get a game to be honest. He's coming from miles and miles back and guys like Ramsay and Maynard (and Sinclair) are really coming on and/or offering something different.
Nah he'll be fine. The kid is quality, if he gets a good run at it he'll be able to get a game, even if it's not as a part of the back 6. He was used as a utility as a junior, and was pushed forward a few times in u18's. He's too good to languish in the VFL, with a full preseason under his belt in 2017 we'll see why he was so highly rated as a junior.

Kids a jet with a full pre-season and 20-30 games he'll be challenging Reid as our number one defender. Weitering aside he's the best defender to come through the underage system in a decade.

Unfortunately those injuries have probably knocked the top off his peak, but once he's back there'll be no doubts whatsoever on what he gives us.

Kids a jet with a full pre-season and 20-30 games he'll be challenging Reid as our number one defender. Weitering aside he's the best defender to come through the underage system in a decade.

Unfortunately those injuries have probably knocked the top off his peak, but once he's back there'll be no doubts whatsoever on what he gives us.
Out of any player on our list that I want to see dominate it's him. People have forgotten the special talent he has and we (and him) deserve to see it :)

I hope so. But, some great juniors don't make the transition, and some guys don't come back right from consecutive knee recos. Shaz is trying to do both at once. Comment was as much as anything a plea for us being to temper our short term expectations out of fairness to the bloke.

I hope so. But, some great juniors don't make the transition, and some guys don't come back right from consecutive knee recos. Shaz is trying to do both at once. Comment was as much as anything a plea for us being to temper our short term expectations out of fairness to the bloke.

Don't worry about Shaz he has the right stuff to make that transition.

I guess if that was what the comment was about perhaps next time just say we might need to lower our expectations in the short term rather than stating that you think he'll struggle to get a game.

Was Maynard's hit a gut punch? I can't quite remember it. He's probably lucky it was Stevie J the AFL's version of the boy who cried wolf!

Last edited:
Didn't see the hit on Stevie J, but otherwise loved the battle between these two. Stevie looked like he was having a sook at times, even pleading with the umpire, when the battle didn't go his way.

I think spartan-magpie has nailed it, in describing Maynard as a 'half man half bull wonder'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with that. Do you or any of the experts on here regards knee injuries know what effect they will have on his speed.

He wasn't elite speed (not slow) and I would hate to think he will have lost any pace as a result of his injuries. Maybe that is what you meant by 'knocked the top of his peak'

Really not sure about Maynard

Does some decent things but is just a constant HOWLER machine, it has to be a mental thing and you wonder if he's going to grow out of it.

Really not sure about Maynard

Does some decent things but is just a constant HOWLER machine, it has to be a mental thing and you wonder if he's going to grow out of it.

He's not skillful, should not be doing kick outs but also can't provide a target for kick outs. Just stand over there mate and take up space...

Pft Thomas is a dog who has been lucky to have kicked any. It's been a fine night for Maynard.

Make that 5 & you can pft all you like. He has been pantsed tonight because he hasn't been tight enough.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back