Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not here to argue with you,although u do make it easy, but obviously YOU havnt played any competitive sport in your life, its a cliche for a reason, everyone knows you LEARN more from loosing then you do winning!!!! Although you seem like someone thats always won so its no surprise you know nothing.

Clearly you didn't learn from loosing your grammar tests.

That was probably the worst thing I've ever seen a professional footballer do ever. Couldn't care less how well he played outside of that blunder, that erases everything. Total momentum killer if there even was any. Could have been 6 points closer in that final quarter, enough to give the extra push.
Yep for me it was worse than when R. Shaw dropped the ball on GF day and Lynch slammed it home.

Im not here to argue with you,although u do make it easy, but obviously YOU havnt played any competitive sport in your life, its a cliche for a reason, everyone knows you LEARN more from loosing then you do winning!!!! Although you seem like someone thats always won so its no surprise you know nothing.

+1, Melbourne have taken this approach to development for the last decade and its worked wonders.

Why is it all these threads are full of bitter ******s trying to tear down young kids?

Makes me f***Ing sick. Wake the f*ck up people, we're a team with some very young players who are still trying to find their feet. This suffering was on the cards the moment the rebuild started.

FFS, Maynard gives his all and in a few years he'll week in week be embarrassing those who ever doubted or bagged him.

Support your f***ing club instead of turning into finger pointers when things don't go as planned.

We've had a reasonably good run this past decade. Yes, the transition hurt but all in all we've had some incredible success.

Just stick out the bad times. Oh, and please don't pot the s**t out of clearly capable players for small incidents whilst overlooking the incredible things they do.

Side by Side.
We'll come good. Sooner than you know it.

Makes me f***Ing sick. Wake the f*ck up people, we're a team with some very young players who are still trying to find their feet. This suffering was on the cards the moment the rebuild started.

FFS, Maynard gives his all and in a few years he'll week in week be embarrassing those who ever doubted or bagged him.

Support your f***ing club instead of turning into finger pointers when things don't go as planned.

We've had a reasonably good run this past decade. Yes, the transition hurt but all in all we've had some incredible success.

Just stick out the bad times. Oh, and please don't pot the s**t out of clearly capable players for small incidents whilst overlooking the incredible things they do.

Side by Side.
Makes me to sick to watch our number 1 player who is kicking out blunder so badly he's given the opposition a certain goal and then carries on like a muppet on the ground.

The club has to give us a good reason to support it, we shouldn't be expected to blindly support them. It works both ways.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say that I think Maynard's been very impressive for the most part this season.

Also his error was no worse than what Pittard used to do. Some players, no matter how well they are playing, seem to have luck against them and an innocuous fumble turns into a certain opposition goal. At least, that's how I see Pittard, and Maynard's episode last night looked pretty similar.

He'll come good. He's still very young. There'll be growing pains, but he'll get there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maynard is going to be a very good player in another 2 years time.

I hope they don't curb his aggression either maybe redirect it but not remove it.

Physical teams win flags and often blur the lines on overstepping the mark.
Both Lions and Hawks triple prem teams were physically aggressive and not scared to not only give away free kicks but also get suspensions at times in the HnA season.

Makes me to sick to watch our number 1 player who is kicking out blunder so badly he's given the opposition a certain goal and then carries on like a muppet on the ground.
Other than the obvious blunder it wasn't that bad imo. That he can kick about 60 metres is a pretty handy tool. He needs to fix his short kicking but if he can do that then I reckon he's our long term kick out guy.

Agreed, what a brilliant learning curve it was for all our boys tonight :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I don't know how much footy you've played but it's actually quite hard to learn anything from losing....

That's why clubs like Gold Coast Carlton and Melbourne have woeful development of their young players, while the top teams keep producing great young kids ready to go. Your opponent embarrassing you on national TV only hurts development, to say it helps is beyond a joke.
Anyone who has played a lick of competitive sport in their life knows that the lessons you can learn from losing are invaluable... As far as getting embarrassed on national TV, that depends on the player. Some will go into their shell and in the future be scared to take the game on. Then there are the competitive beasts who wish to atone for their mistakes. They use the humiliation to work even harder to make sure it never happens again or to prove doubters wrong. Let's just hope Maynard is the latter.

Side by Side.

You're on the wrong board for those sorts of opinions

Im mkre critical of jeremy howe for the 3 blatant turnovers in the first half.

The maynard one was just a nightmare, but im not going to go too hard on him. I hope he keeps his head up. Credit to him for taking the next few kick outs as well, a lot of players would have hid

I've been critical of Buckley, but I must say I really like the re-shaping of this backline.

Last year, we were going in with Brown, Frost, Toovey, Williams and Goldsack.

It was just an uninspiring backline with no real flare or skill.

Compare it to this year where we have Reid, Marsh, Howe, Ramsey, Sinclair and Maynard. All of a sudden there is some real talent there. Marley Williams is still in that side as well. Taylor Adams looks good back there, and Scharenberg can still add another dimension.

The next challenge is to work out the best forward line mix.
Agree back line is shaping better.

You spot on re forwards. We need a big fix there.
However, I still imagine Elliot and Fasolo doing the duo, with fingers crossed Moore maturing to be dominant.
Swan floating around could be a bonus.
Occasional floating down of Howe.

I did myself the displeasure of watching the Round 14 Hawthorn game of 2011. Damn we had a team that played with such confidence, very similar to Hawthorn of today. The backline was unrecognisable with Davis, Toovey, Maxell, Obrien, Shaw and Reid. Will be hard to replace these guys with such young players, infact it will take around 6 years for someone like Brayden to reach the heights of Shaw. Crazy how times change. We were dominating the Hawks with Cloke in beast mode just swallowing the ball on his chest. It really makes me think the Cloke needs to lift his state. He should go and see Tony Robbins for some NLP, after all Robbins helped Andrea Agassi get back to his best when he could barely hit the ball back over the net. Our players also need to get fit again. We always had numbers around the ball and created space for our teammate to hit them on the chest without the immediate pressure. For anyone who dares, watch the game in the Repay thread.

He's not skillful, should not be doing kick outs but also can't provide a target for kick outs. Just stand over there mate and take up space...

Anyone better to do kickouts.

He is very good kick but its his Descion Making that let's him down

I hate how people really focus on this kids stuff ups. He does maybe one or 2 a game.

Another very good pies defender, just for the sake of naming someone, was Alan toovey. He made 3-4 terrible stuff ups most games and never really got over them.

At least Maynard, and the club must agree with this as he keeps getting games (thankfully for me), has a bucket loads of ability and great traits. Yes, I know he's prone to the odd brainfart, but for the billionth time I can't understand how people can't see how much upside this kid has. And let's not discount the fact that his tank (excuse the pun) is a huge factor in his poor choices/decisions.

This guy, IMO, will become one of the 4-5 best players at our club and play 250 games. Bookmark it. Will become a fan favorite.

Maybe I'm biased because I love the aggression and strength the 19 year old plays with, but all I see is a kid who is real life wrecking ball and has the right attributes to succeed.

Would love to see him in the middle once his tank allows it. Another pre season and this kid will come along in leaps and bounds. Can just see him extracting it from a Ruck contest getting it on to the boot and hitting up a fast leading Darcy Moore 35 out from goal.

I've been critical of Maynard for his decision making and turn overs. But that fumble and goal was just a real s**t happens moment. What I took out of it was he had the balls to face up again for the next kick out. That says more about him than the fumble ever will. Anyone writing him off over that needs a reality check, and should look to his overall improvement this season instead.

I hate how people really focus on this kids stuff ups. He does maybe one or 2 a game.

Another very good pies defender, just for the sake of naming someone, was Alan toovey. He made 3-4 terrible stuff ups most games and never really got over them.

At least Maynard, and the club must agree with this as he keeps getting games (thankfully for me), has a bucket loads of ability and great traits. Yes, I know he's prone to the odd brainfart, but for the billionth time I can't understand how people can't see how much upside this kid has. And let's not discount the fact that his tank (excuse the pun) is a huge factor in his poor choices/decisions.

This guy, IMO, will become one of the 4-5 best players at our club and play 250 games. Bookmark it. Will become a fan favorite.

Maybe I'm biased because I love the aggression and strength the 19 year old plays with, but all I see is a kid who is real life wrecking ball and has the right attributes to succeed.

Would love to see him in the middle once his tank allows it. Another pre season and this kid will come along in leaps and bounds. Can just see him extracting it from a Ruck contest getting it on to the boot and hitting up a fast leading Darcy Moore 35 out from goal.
Very well said Spartan. You brought up Tooves, I'll raise you Ben Johnson. He was the whipping boy for many years before that break out game against Port and he took down Burgoyne in the goal square and won us the game. It's that never say die attitude that I see when I see Maynard play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back