Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus Adams is the only one I can think of.

Edit: Yep the cupboard was pretty bare from our pick onwards in the 2015 draft:

32. Collingwood Brayden Sier
33. North Melbourne Mitchell Hibberd
34. Gold Coast Josh Schoenfeld
35. W Bulldogs Marcus Adams
36. West Coast Tom Cole
37. Port Adelaide Riley Bonner
38. Fremantle Harley Balic

ROUND 3

39. Brisbane Lions Rhys Mathieson
40. St Kilda Brandon White
41. GWS Matthew Flynn
42. Melbourne Mitchell King
43. N Melbourne Corey Wagner
44. Hawthorn Blake Hawdwick
Does this one have to be spoken in a Tony Grieg voice?

FFS TG he's 19 (bottom-ager in his draft year) and had his fair share of injuries - we also knew when he came in that he didn't have the preparation that the elite football pathways give a draftee fitness-wise. I'm not saying that he'll be a patch on Swanny, but we all know how we all thought he too should be given the arse early on when he was fat and lazy (despite his pedigree).

I'm backing the kid in to have a good year this year if he can stay on the park (that will be equal parts on him with his prep / recovery and the off-field team with management of his workloads to get him where he needs to be) and be pressing hard for selection in 2019 as a 21 year old inside midfield bull.
I’m tipping him not to break in to this side in 2018 and be delisted by the end of the year. IMO not good enough regardless of his age. If he shows nothing again that’s 3 years of not playing any sort of good footy. IMO he’s gone.

It's starting to get the whiff off Luke Shakleton about it, but he's got another year and could just go bang overnight, you never know

I C+P'd the list in for an earlier reply to another post bemoaning how we could have / should have / would have drafted another KPP with that pick - it's a lazt sunday arvo so I'll just quote that one again:

I don't rate Marcus Adams and while Sam Collins might be ok he certainly wasn't worth pick 32.

I don't rate Marcus Adams and while Sam Collins might be ok he certainly wasn't worth pick 32.

I think the point is that there's nobody we'd really be shedding a tear over not having drafted between the Sier and Phillips picks...

Jesus christ he’s a massive unit. If he ever learns how to use his size and strength in a contest he’ll be terrifying.
And thats why they are going to give him a very long leash; he has shown glimpses of it at VFL level just needs to be told that a spot is his for the taking. I've noticed at VFL level and also training if there is a senior player doing his drill/going for a clearance contested ball, he would d rather shepherd and defer to them, needs some of that killer instinct.

the-quest.jpg

awesome. hopefully he can be our jcvd

Certainly hasn't let his training drop off on his overseas holiday. Good on the kid, hopefully it translates to his footy in 2018.

The kid has got some serious size about him.
Out of curiosity is he quick, because that size combined with speed would be something to get excited about.
Could he be the reason for the revival of "in Hine we trust"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kid has got some serious size about him.
Out of curiosity is he quick, because that size combined with speed would be something to get excited about.
Could he be the reason for the revival of "in Hine we trust"
Honestly, I’ve been sucked in to being excited about players physiques before (Nathan Freeman anyone?) but holy hell. If this kid can develop some mongrel about him and turn in to a player I’ll never doubt Hine again..

Has a body not too dissimilar to Kennedy at the Swans

Didn't he take awhile?
The lad has obviously put on a heap of size would we still look to run him in the midfield or is he better off forward/back im not sure hed still have enough pace for midfield

I like him, who knows he might just work out really well.

Wow, he's a big unit

After viewing those photos, (thanks Mame ) I'm sure glad we kept him.
Buddha will set him straight.

PS: Garry Hocking that is;)
Either or.

Buddha for the inner peace, Buddha Hocking for the mongrel on the field

As a midfielder you can be too big. Doesn’t help your running capacity
Would you believe that was the main doubt touted about Usain Bolt pre his first Olympics gold.
He's too big to really start well enough to become dominant.

Just an aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back