Welcome Brennan Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

He stacks up well against Eric Hipwood, who is 12 mths older, but not as well as Charlie Curnow, who is 18 mths older. He stats aren’t as good as Curnow’s last year either. He has the rest of the year to make his numbers better, though.

He stacks up well against Eric Hipwood, who is 12 mths older, but not as well as Charlie Curnow, who is 18 mths older. He stats aren’t as good as Curnow’s last year either. He has the rest of the year to make his numbers better, though.
Curnow looks distinctly quicker to me and that would definitely help. Coxy was much cheaper though.

Cox caught my eye in the game the week before and his stats also told a good story.
Before Sunday's game I posted this in another thread;

Brennan Cox has really impressed me this season ... lots of contested marks, goal assists and I've liked his decision making. If he could develop his goal kicking he could be very dangerous.
PurpleEyes, Sunday at 8:28 AM

Great to see he is getting some well deserved recognition;
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-12/the-stats-files-is-this-the-solution-to-dockers-scoring-woes#/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought watching him last year if he fixed up his set shot kicking he would turn out fine.

He took a fair chunk of contested marks last year in just about every game but didn't convert his opportunities he kicked i think 2.9 from set shots. Which was his major deficiency.

Still got a fair bit to go has brennan i remember he missed a sitter against north a few weeks back. And i am still not yet 100% confident when he takes a mark that he will kick the goal but the belief he would have got on the weekend would have been massive.

Honestly a bit surprised that people have been unsure or unimpressed by Cox, I think he's shown his marking ability in every game he's played so far. Obviously it all came together on the weekend but there aren't many 18-19 year olds who have been sticking their marks with one grab like Cox does. Certainly Taberner didn't until recently

His first half against St Kilda last year was all I needed to see to know he had massive potential. He probably would've got a nom in that game if he didn't get a bad corkie in the second half. A lot of hard work to do still though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back