Brisbane Lions Club Champion Dinner

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm obviously a bad Judge :oops:

I thought it would probably be between Rich and Redden, but it was wide open this year as no one was consistently great over the entire season.

Well done Joel!

Big congrats to Joel...his parents must be so proud!....you doing that dance yet kezz??:D

Just bumped into Kezz. She is very much in control of her emotions considering!

Interesting to note that Joels 34 votes in 2012 would have only got him a 4th in what was a poorer 2011 season - I think this voting system is a cracker for players being rewarded for doing the job asked of them - and NOT purely a statistical based system. Shows me our squad still has a mountain to climb going forward.

Well done Mr Patfull - a stupendous stopper season!! :thumbsu:

I'm not sure if anyone has the resources to tell me, but does anyone know what:
- Rich got against the Dogs in Round 23
- Rockliff got against the Dogs in the Melbourne game
- Merrett got for his 7 goals against GWS
- The votes were in the West Coast game?

I'm not sure if anyone has the resources to tell me, but does anyone know what:
- Rich got against the Dogs in Round 23
- Rockliff got against the Dogs in the Melbourne game
- Merrett got for his 7 goals against GWS
- The votes were in the West Coast game?
Pretty sure Rich got 4 votes against the Dogs.

Couple of things stand out:

Zorko polled in all bar 1 game where he wasn't the sub.
Coaches only gave out 5 votes total in the game against Richmond :eek:
Judging appeared to get tougher as the season went on...

Judged Lisle pretty harshly, not enough scoreboard impact I guess. Polkinghorne polling so low could mean that he is not considered a best 22 player going forward if someone can claim his spot.

Congrats to Patfull. Great season & clubman. Results reflect a great year teamwise from the boys. kuddos to Rich and Hanley as well.

Now just waiting on the obligatory Rockliff was robbed article by Hammo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am chuffed.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but thanks port!

...and I've had to head back to the motel to get some sleep, long drive home tomorrow :( Plus the drive in was very taxing with the crash that stopped traffic and everything.

Cozi36 you'd better upload those pics soon!

I told him he'd win it, and even he didn't believe me (went and congratulated him on his Courageous award).

Well done Joel. I hope I can live up to the standard you have set.

Couple of things stand out:

Zorko polled in all bar 1 game where he wasn't the sub.
Coaches only gave out 5 votes total in the game against Richmond :eek:
Judging appeared to get tougher as the season went on...
Yeah - lowest points for a game [5 versus tiggers], with Round 1 @ 49 votes [vs dees] the highest!

Robert Walls's speech was fantastic. He clearly has a lot of love for the club and a lot of fond memories of his time with Fitzroy and the Bears.
Agree TBD, I have been lucky enough to attend several of his 'lions' functions and his memories shared about "Lions History" leaves you feeling warm and fuzzy... [well maybe with the combination of a couple of ales...] but I know what you mean.

Yeah, it looks like Vossy got a bit carried away with the votes in Round 1. Unless that was actually the best game he thinks we played all year? I certainly hope not.

As for Polkinghorne, he played 19 games last year. I think it was 22 last year, and both seasons he just hasn't polled votes. I don't understand why someone who is not 'playing their role' keeps getting consistent games, when others seem to be dropped for similar reasons. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of his, but I find it confusing the coaches don't rate his performances at all.

Yeah, it looks like Vossy got a bit carried away with the votes in Round 1. Unless that was actually the best game he thinks we played all year? I certainly hope not.
To be fair no-one knew how crap Melbourne was at the time. I got my hopes up after that game :(

I'm surprised Redden didn't take out your B&F. He had a monster middle to late part of the year. Obviously he lost votes for his attire tonight, disappointing that your coaching panel would stoop to such a low act :p

5QXE5.jpg

Now we can trade Patfull for Tippett...:p
.l

:eek: :eek: :eek: O-oh.....now you've done it! Kezz will not by happy with you. Keep you eyes peeled for her in her new Veloster if she reads this before heading home tomorrow! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Our B&F obviously rewards consistency over the whole year and I'm happy with that.

In the end, Jacks slow start and the Rich suspension probably cost them both the B&F but that's no slight on Patfull, who really has had a very good year. I still reckon his 2009 season was better though.

clear message to the playing list !!!!!
do whats told of you and there are rewards
great job joel patfull

Yeah - lowest points for a game [5 versus tiggers], with Round 1 @ 49 votes [vs dees] the highest!
Not surprising, thought our game against the tiges was the worst we played for the year.

Congrats to pats. Stoked with patful. Gutsy, underrated, always did his job and you'd have to say it was his performance in losing games as much as anything that shows he deserves it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back