Preview Brisbane lions Dedicated MSD 2021 draft pick thread - Kalin Lane

Remove this Banner Ad

My guess is the Age is basing their report on Twomey’s.

I doubt Michael Gleeson, Jake Niall and Dan Cherny are basing the following on Twomey:

Brisbane are considering taking small forward Eamon Wilkinson from South Adelaide, another player to have attracted interest from the Bombers.

All 3 are far more credible journalists, even on draft trade than Cal (and this is no slight on Cal who I rate for draft info, if not talent evaluation). I think its more likely that they both have the same source or have verified it independently.

Can't see the point of a small forward tbh but oh well.

I'm liking the write ups/assessments on this guy, IMO we're a little light on for KPD cover and this guy might be a good fit, I'm not confident Ballenden would be a capable replacement if the unthinkable happened and Harris went down and Jack Payne seems injury prone albeit in the early stages of his career.

BLAKE SCHLENSOG
Key defender
199cm/99kg
25/9/00
South Fremantle

Cut by Geelong as a Category B rookie at the end of last year, the key position swingman arrived at South Fremantle on the advice of former teammate Tim Kelly. Has settled in defence at the Bulldogs with a 12-mark, 28-disposal match against East Perth an early highlight. Schlensog's strong early season form also saw him selected in the WAFL's state game against the SANFL in early May. Spent two seasons at the Cats across 2019-2020 without playing an AFL game but is said to have matured considerably in the last 12 months.
We have a good record picking up ex-Geelong players. Good omen!

In terms of picking one type over another or long term succession planning... Reckon if 5 of these kids play a game it would be a win.
100%. This is a low-stakes crapshoot. Take the kid you think has the most upside and hope it's enough to contribute.

I'd value a MSD pick somewhere around a 4th rounder this year (rookie draft 2nd rounder most years).

100%. This is a low-stakes crapshoot. Take the kid you think has the most upside and hope it's enough to contribute.

I'd value a MSD pick somewhere around a 4th rounder this year (rookie draft 2nd rounder most years).
North Melbourne had a dedicated MSD thread with close to 3000 replies!!

I don't reckon we've had that many in all our combined draft threads from the past 10 years.

Has Tozer done anything this year? And has he nominated?

North Melbourne had a dedicated MSD thread with close to 3000 replies!!

I don't reckon we've had that many in all our combined draft threads from the past 10 years.

yeah but they are all from the the same person !!!!

Last edited:
Maybe we’ve spotted a late developer from last year, or we are just getting a jump on this year’s draft. I don’t think we have any glaring gaps that need filling right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Tozer done anything this year? And has he nominated?

He's aligned to Aspley in the VFL, but started the year playing with Sherwood in the QAFL. Hasn't been sighted for about 6 weeks so likely injured again. I think it's time to stop thinking about him as any kind of chance, given how much development he's missed in the past few years.

Maybe we’ve spotted a late developer from last year, or we are just getting a jump on this year’s draft. I don’t think we have any glaring gaps that need filling right now

I got the impression listening to Conole that we were looking at guys who missed a chunk of footy with lockdown last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back