Brisbane Lions V Port Adelaide Power @ AO. Round 3, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

All good, both solid kids, we could have taken your one instead of Schache but...well...here we are!
Actually I posted the same thing on both the Port board and then here, so it was a Port centric post and should have changed it a bit for this board.

It was about pointing out that he played a good game for 3 weeks in a row. If he is in the mix for a nod it will be for the 3 in a row and not for today as a standout.

Your comprehension is really quite poor

- you post something stupid and incorrect
- 3 people immediately tell you it was stupid and incorrect
- you respond 5 minutes later with a correction
- you tell people to stop correcting you because you have now corrected yourself despite the fact that no had corrected you since

Denser than a pile of bricks if you can't comprehend this
Isn't it sad for you, that your vision is dictated by those who actually watch the games & by what you choose to believe?

Isn't it sad for you, that your vision is dictated by those who actually watch the games & by what you choose to believe?

Look at you trying to revive a conversation that finished an hour ago.

Starting it on a stupid note just like the last one too how about that?

Add in Beams (and Rich) and Im positive we win.

You can play that silly game all you like but really you've just got to accept the result. Still very in denial that the result you wanted and felt entitled to didn't happen
Apart from ryder port were at full strength against an undermanned lions team..at home infront of a few supporters. Well played lions..a few skill errors cost you today as port got goals from them but definately on the right track. Port were fortunate to not be playing a top side today

Look at you trying to revive a conversation that finished an hour ago.

Starting it on a stupid note just like the last one too how about that?
You are the bomb, in your own mind.

I am pretty impartial when it comes to footy

Will always acknowledge plays from opps.

Your comprehension is really quite poor

- you post something stupid and incorrect
- 3 people immediately tell you it was stupid and incorrect
- you respond 5 minutes later with a correction
- you tell people to stop correcting you because you have now corrected yourself despite the fact that no had corrected you since

Denser than a pile of bricks if you can't comprehend this

Didn't you know a couple of months = awhile ago and not just recently. Some people don't like being corrected

Yeah, but Port ain't a good team.

Massive cracks being papered over through the first two rounds. Development is a big issue.

???

Considering Sydney dispatched you fairly easily and you’ve beaten nobody this year and your team has done nothing so far it’s pretty silly to have a crack at port for ability and development

(Log in to remove this ad.)

???

Considering Sydney dispatched you fairly easily and you’ve beaten nobody this year and your team has done nothing so far it’s pretty silly to have a crack at port for ability and development
If you want to have that discussion, make your way over to the appropriate thread champ.

Play the ball, not the man my friend.

If you want to have that discussion, make your way over to the appropriate thread champ.

Play the ball, not the man my friend.

Didn’t you just walk into this thread and call port pretenders because they have problems like development ?

When you do that you opened yourself up to criticism

Also , in what way was my observation that you lost tonight against a team we beat, beat 2 poor to average teams, and haven’t accomplished anything yet playing the man not the ball?

How do you figure?
Their 21-24 age group should be a lot, lot, better. I honestly don't think your coaching staff are getting the best out of a lot of players which is a massive worry. Wines should be challenging for a Brownlow, but he's lacking that next step, Wingard has scarily gone backwards over the past couple of years and your defence has been solid, but let you down massively in your final last year. I'd be questioning why the development staff has put your list management group in the position to keep going back to mature age prospects, year after year. Ryder, Dixon, Watts, Rockliff and Motlop is an excellent haul over the past few years, which says a lot about the group at Port Adelaide, but the fact that you've hard to spend a fair bit of salary space to bring these guys in because the development or drafting department couldn't create a finals team, is a worry for me.

Didn’t you just walk into this thread and call port pretenders because they have problems like development ?

When you do that you opened yourself up to criticism

Also , in what way was my observation that you lost tonight against a team we beat, beat 2 poor to average teams, and haven’t accomplished anything yet playing the man not the ball?
Not interested in arguing with a drunk.

Didn't call your team pretenders, you did that. My post was about Port Adelaide, not the Giants or Swans. Time to have a glass of water and a lay down.

Their 21-24 age group should be a lot, lot, better. I honestly don't think your coaching staff are getting the best out of a lot of players which is a massive worry. Wines should be challenging for a Brownlow, but he's lacking that next step, Wingard has scarily gone backwards over the past couple of years and your defence has been solid, but let you down massively in your final last year. I'd be questioning why the development staff has put your list management group in the position to keep going back to mature age prospects, year after year. Ryder, Dixon, Watts, Rockliff and Motlop is an excellent haul over the past few years, which says a lot about the group at Port Adelaide, but the fact that you've hard to spend a fair bit of salary space to bring these guys in because the development or drafting department couldn't create a finals team, is a worry for me.

Ollie is 23 years old and your worried he hasn’t won a Brownlow yet? Have you seen his start to the season? He’s in blistering form.

Wingard hasn’t gone on like we hoped, but is still a game breaker.

Our defense in last years final? Jonas was suspended, hombsch just had surgery and Howard was playing something like his 5th afl game in which he set and afl record. West coast is actually very well stocked forward line by the way.

We were the youngest side in finals, we are one of the youngest sides going around.

Riley is a fav for rising star, and Marshall is killing it.

We’ve got tonnes of young talent and we didn’t need first round picks to do it

Not interested in arguing with a drunk.

Didn't call your team pretenders, you did that. My post was about Port Adelaide, not the Giants or Swans. Time to have a glass of water and a lay down.

What the hell is your problem. You’ve just gone mental at me for what?

Drunk? Way to make s**t up because you’re upset.

So you can take pot shots at port Adelaide but when I point out you just got beaten by the team we beat and haven’t done anything it’s obscene and over the line ?

Ollie is 23 years old and your worried he hasn’t won a Brownlow yet? Have you seen his start to the season? He’s in blistering form.

Wingard hasn’t gone on like we hoped, but is still a game breaker.

Our defense in last years final? Jonas was suspended, hombsch just had surgery and Howard was playing something like his 5th afl game in which he set and afl record. West coast is actually very well stocked forward line by the way.

We were the youngest side in finals, we are one of the youngest sides going around.

Riley is a fav for rising star, and Marshall is killing it.

We’ve got tonnes of young talent and we didn’t need first round picks to do it

Proof will be in the pudding I guess. Hope you guys can win a final this year.

As for Wines, he has the talent and work ethic to be one of the best in the game. I just worry what Burgess' methods did for him early in his career. Like Boak and Hartlett, he seemed to lose acceleration and hasn't gained it back yet.

Marshall is looking very good. Even when he was on track for our academy, he looked like a super, super player. Had an average draft year and slipped to Port but he's an exciting forward prospect.

I gotta say it's a real odd argument man (well for a neutral anyway).

Ollie finished 8th in the Brownlow last year and is still 23, BOG against the premiership favourites last week.. You could easily say the same of Coniglio, Dylan Shiel, Whitfield, #1 / priority picks of the same age, all picked before Ollie and remind me how they've fared in the Brownlow?

Our list of 24 and unders who played this week:

• Riley Bonner, 21 yo, pick 37, Rd 1 rising star
  • Darcy Byrne-Jones, 22 yo, pick 52, career high 28 possessions and 10 clearances as a half back 2 weeks ago.
  • Tom Clurey, 24 yo, pick 29, holding down CHB for 2 years now.
  • Dan Houston, pick 45 Rookie Draft, 2017 Rising Star nominee
  • Dougal Howard, 22 yo, pick 55, just broke the all time AFL record for 1%ers and spoils 2 weeks in a row.
  • Todd Marshall, 19yo, pick 16, was 7th in Coleman last week and unlucky to miss out on a rising star nomination.
  • SPP, 20 yo, pick 18, 3rd in Rising Star 2017
  • Ollie Wines, pick 7, 23 yo, 8th in Brownlow last year
  • Chad Wingard, pick 6, 24 yo, 2x AA

That's almost half our side and note many of these guys are late round picks or rookies, we haven't had the luxury of fielding an entire side of top 5 picks.

And on your last point, we've got the second most space in our cap second only to North Melbourne, so salary space for our boom recruits is hardly an issue.

If you're fiddling to criticise, I'd say it's been the leadership group which let us down this last couple years. We just haven't got the job done at the key moments, lost the important games, lost the close games. Then you have teams like the Dogs and Tigers, who on paper you'd say have a few holes and weren't the strongest by any stretch preseason, performing during the key moments when it counted, and the rest is history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back