Votes: 18 6.8%
  • Richmond 10 to <30

Votes: 97 36.6%
  • Richmond by 30+

Votes: 41 15.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane win this in a classic, but Richmond don't have to leave Melbourne again after that so could very well reverse the result 3 weeks later.

Lions play at the MCG about once or twice a season, and Richmond have never won an interstate final, and expect Brisbane to gain the most from last weekend's meeting (plus the all-needed pre-finals wake-up loss given both sides have been on big streaks).

Last edited:
lions only showed half the bag of tricks last game plenty more to come they will be 8 goals better at the gabba the crowd will lift em . no Grimes crap up there Cameron will have a field day
that looks and smells like banter. as if the lions would have risked a 63 point loss by keeping half their 'tricks' in their bag.
will admit is most likely a more difficult assignment for the Tiges this time.

You don't have to sugar coat it by saying they're more experienced. Just say what you think, which is that they're the better team

Experience doesn't make a lesser team beat a superior team (when has it ever??)
If experience doesn't matter why recruit/play Hodge when there are less experienced players who are better on field than him at the moment? Experience is a big match day factor and even in finals.

If experience doesn't matter why recruit/play Hodge when there are less experienced players who are better on field than him at the moment? Experience is a big match day factor and even in finals.
Experience isn't a match day factor, it helps you improve over time

Would you rather have a team of Dayne Zorko's or Luke Bruest's in a Grand Final? Zorko clearly, although Breust has become better over time as a result of his experiences.

You take the best team every time. If you think Richmond is better that's perfectly reasonable, but it's silly to say you're picking them because they're more experienced in finals

This would not be surprising even a few Lions fans mentioned we didn't play our usual game. Fagan is a crafty coach and almost certainly has a few more tricks up his sleeve.
Lions got slaughtered by a bigger, stronger, well drilled team in the first quarter. That wasn't due to half a bag of tricks, was due to being out played, and partly out coached. The bottom handful of players that fail to perform on a regular basis really need to stand up and help out a bit more.

Lions got slaughtered by a bigger, stronger, well drilled team in the first quarter. That wasn't due to half a bag of tricks, was due to being out played, and partly out coached. The bottom handful of players that fail to perform on a regular basis really need to stand up and help out a bit more.
No, you let quality players get forward of the ball, i doubt that will happen in 2 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, you let quality players get forward of the ball, i doubt that will happen in 2 weeks
Exactly. First quarter their spread from our turnover entering 50 was the difference.

There was never a point in the game where Brisbane were overawed or not physical enough. We were imposing ourselves on them, they were just too classy in the first quarter

First quarter it felt like they had 2 extra players on the field. 3rd quarter it felt like we had +2 at every stoppage

If you let Dusty run through the middle without pressure, Richmond will slaughter you, but i doubt Fagan will let that happen again.

Dusty needs clear passage, if he doesn't get it you can run off him, he won't tackle much.

Experience isn't a match day factor, it helps you improve over time

Would you rather have a team of Dayne Zorko's or Luke Bruest's in a Grand Final? Zorko clearly, although Breust has become better over time as a result of his experiences.

You take the best team every time. If you think Richmond is better that's perfectly reasonable, but it's silly to say you're picking them because they're more experienced in finals
Of course experience is a match day factor. You would not find a single head coach who doesnt acknowledge that fact. It might not be the primary factor, but it has an influence no doubt. Experiencing something before is a big leg up over someone that hasn't. Familiarity is friendly.

I actually thought the Lions played close to their peak, look at the stats that matter, they dominated. Tige’s have plenty of improvement in them, tackle pressure and contested footy will lift, Dusty was half rested up forward, Cotch was rusty and started to get his game going in the last. Lynch left 2-3 goals on the table. We could’ve been 8 goals up at half time with a bit of luck. It was our own poor kicks from Vlaustin and Prestia that resulted in Lion goals in the first half, I don’t want to disrespect the Lions as they’re a good team I’m just giving a Tiger perspective of where our improvement can come from.

Of course experience is a match day factor. You would not find a single head coach who doesnt acknowledge that fact. It might not be the primary factor, but it has an influence no doubt. Experiencing something before is a big leg up over someone that hasn't. Familiarity is friendly.
Ok I'll give you that it has a very minuscule influence. It doesn't change the outcome of the game

I actually thought the Lions played close to their peak, look at the stats that matter, they dominated. Tige’s have plenty of improvement in them, tackle pressure and contested footy will lift, Dusty was half rested up forward, Cotch was rusty and started to get his game going in the last. Lynch left 2-3 goals on the table. We could’ve been 8 goals up at half time with a bit of luck. It was our own poor kicks from Vlaustin and Prestia that resulted in Lion goals in the first half, I don’t want to disrespect the Lions as they’re a good team I’m just giving a Tiger perspective of where our improvement can come from.
I respectfully disagree.

In the 1st quarter we completely failed to shut down your run from half back, which resulted in a 4 goal lead (virtually the winning margin), after quarter time the match was fairly even.

At our best, our ball use into the forward 50 is far better than what we showed on the weekend. We won several games during our win streak when we had far less possession than the opposition, mainly due to efficient F50 entries which lead to scores.

Dylan Grimes will attempt to "get away with" anything he thinks he can... just like every other player from the Tigers and the Lions will do.
lions only showed half the bag of tricks last game plenty more to come they will be 8 goals better at the gabba the crowd will lift em . no Grimes crap up there Cameron will have a field day
‘Grimes crap’
Aka textbook defending

Loving all the attention that the lions supporters are giving the Grimes tactic's

If you guys actually watched the game properly and had a look at the amount of times cameron actually engaged body contact on grimes and lost out you would realise that Cameron needs to change his game against Grimes as Dylan is way too good for that crap and Cameron's mentor Betts has experienced this in the past and moved on from that.

Now lets talk about the blocking tactics that were employed by brisbane against Tom Lynch which doesnt get highlighted at all, Watching the replay for the 3rd time now and there were atleast 5-6 times where it was a clear free kick against a lions player who had no eyes on the ball and his only concern was blocking Lynch and his run at the ball.

Bag of tricks , Richmond also did not play their natural game and also left a bit in the bank
Cotchin virtually played min midfield time playing just 70% game time as an outside hf/wing , Dustin martin was used sparingly in the middle and played foward more.
Our small fowards were higher up the ground and a lot less defensive minded , All this will change in the real dance and the richmond team will be more ruthless and attacking on the player with the ball.

Neal , McClugg , Robinson will not have as muh room to move as they did in the rnd 23 game , Im expecting Graham to be given the job on keeping Neal to a reasonable level and Nankervis to replace Balta who will also drift foward.

Also wouldnt be surprised to see kamdyn McIntosh to be included to take McClugg and play a more physical role on the kid
Richmond wont be going into this game complacent and will be a bigger harder unit than that run out in round 23

Tigers 38 points

Loving all the attention that the lions supporters are giving the Grimes tactic's

If you guys actually watched the game properly and had a look at the amount of times cameron actually engaged body contact on grimes and lost out you would realise that Cameron needs to change his game against Grimes as Dylan is way too good for that crap and Cameron's mentor Betts has experienced this in the past and moved on from that.

Now lets talk about the blocking tactics that were employed by brisbane against Tom Lynch which doesnt get highlighted at all, Watching the replay for the 3rd time now and there were atleast 5-6 times where it was a clear free kick against a lions player who had no eyes on the ball and his only concern was blocking Lynch and his run at the ball.

Bag of tricks , Richmond also did not play their natural game and also left a bit in the bank
Cotchin virtually played min midfield time playing just 70% game time as an outside hf/wing , Dustin martin was used sparingly in the middle and played foward more.
Our small fowards were higher up the ground and a lot less defensive minded , All this will change in the real dance and the richmond team will be more ruthless and attacking on the player with the ball.

Neal , McClugg , Robinson will not have as muh room to move as they did in the rnd 23 game , Im expecting Graham to be given the job on keeping Neal to a reasonable level and Nankervis to replace Balta who will also drift foward.

Also wouldnt be surprised to see kamdyn McIntosh to be included to take McClugg and play a more physical role on the kid
Richmond wont be going into this game complacent and will be a bigger harder unit than that run out in round 23

Tigers 38 points
I didn't bag Grimes at all THE GUN, I actually stood up for him, all players try to get away with as much as possible.

It is nowhere near my posting style to bag umpires, it is pointless and a waste of brain capacity IMO.

I didn't bag Grimes at all THE GUN, I actually stood up for him, all players try to get away with as much as possible.

It is nowhere near my posting style to bag umpires, it is pointless and a waste of brain capacity IMO.
Did you notice the tactic's that were employed against Tom Lynch ?

Did you notice the tactic's that were employed against Tom Lynch ?
No, I only notice it if it's against one of our players (like most supporters), it's a well established scientific theory ie. confirmation bias.

I re worked my reaction to umpires years ago when I went to multiple games and had the feeling that we were getting shafted by the umpires but when I checked the penalty count at the end of the game we actually won the count. Of course I'll slap the couch arm rest if I think it a bad call but I get over it very quickly, no point, swings and roundabouts TG, we just have to hope a late umpire howler doesn't cost a team a big final or a GF and even then nothing we say or do will change it.

All good fodder for banter and discussion on Big Footy though.

Back