Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans, Friday June 16, 7:50pm, Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well many going to be proven right or very wrong with this line up , could be a master stroke !
This is your big chance , could be line in the sand stuff

Good luck baby lions

Rich has been a great servant of the club, and at one point one of the most sublime kicks in the game. Unless he gets a farewell game against the eagles, I think he's played his last senior game for us. Gunston definitely has (hopefully).

Something had to give after last week's poor effort.

One thing I've been wondering about Fagan. Anyone who played at Hawthorn when he was there will tell you he had their back , that he was the go to person for any personal issues ,or when they were having a lapse in form , whatever ,he was the port of call.

That's fine when you're 2 IC but being head coach usually requires a professional distance between yourself and the players so that you bear the ultimate responsibility for selection and list decisions without fear or favour.

It's not a criticism of him ,more likely a compliment ,but might explain a bit what's happenned today. And why it's taken so long.

Great to have Lester back in the team. Should never have been dropped. Fort is another fantastic inclusion. Would still like to see Ah Chee and Lyons in the team, but it will be interesting to see what Fletcher and Lohmann bring.

Pace, run. Love this team.

Well we won't be hearing how we lost it at the selection table, as 90% of this board wanted these changes (Myself included).

Love the youth coming in, it's great for the long run list management at the club. Throw in some up-coming academy kids + Levi Ashcroft and the future is bright for quite some time to come.

I think Rich & Gunston's actions, along with the introduction of the kids, should hopefully echo to the senior players they need to perform better. Which is really want we want, accountability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to see how we use Fort tomorrow.

I could be wrong but I've always thought he had a bit more in him than a 2nd string ruckman . Just does some little things that show he actually thinks about the next play after his.

Hope he gets some reasonable TOG.
Pop him in the goal square. Hipwood and Daniher have to get on the lead. Charlie and Bailey at their feet. I think we are going to kick a massive score tomorrow.

Pop him in the goal square. Hipwood and Daniher have to get on the lead. Charlie and Bailey at their feet. I think we are going to kick a massive score tomorrow.
Fort in the goalsquare or around there is a no brainer because if they don't get someone big to man up he's going to mark it.

And he can ruck better than most at the stoppage if he doesn't.

The thinking has always been what does it cost you the other way , but we put up with Gunston didn't we so let's hope they give him enough chances to see if it works.

I could be wrong but I've always thought he had a bit more in him than a 2nd string ruckman . Just does some little things that show he actually thinks about the next play after his.

Look for Fort to be instrumental tomorrow against the second string Sydney ruckman setting up goals from center clearances. We look so much stronger with him doing that part of the game for us.

Look for Fort to be instrumental tomorrow against the second string Sydney ruckman setting up goals from center clearances. We look so much stronger with him doing that part of the game for us.
He was sensational against Melbourne in the Semi Final last year. He is a massive trade up. Ford is the biggest junkyard dog in the yard.

Initially i think he just replaces Gunston as one of our 3 tall forwards.
Most likely does more ruck relief than Jo. Maybe 75% to Jo's 25% of the relief part.
I would think his TOG will be between 75% - 80 %.

Things could change as the game unfolds if Oscar is not going great.
If you start 2 genuine rucks you have to be prepared to change things during the game if one is not performing to standard.
Let's hope they both play very well, and we get the win tomorrow.

:yellowheart:I love our bench, a sign the future is bright.... Dev Robertson, Kai Lohmann, Jaspa Fletcher & Darcy Wilmot.

I hope Fletcher and Lohmann play in their true positions ie. wing and small forward, and I tip Rayner to play more time in the midfield.
Well folks, it's arguably come 4 months ahead of schedule, but the future is here. Let's see how we go.

Looks like we've overdosed somewhat on forwards. Perhaps our balance may have looked better if Sharp had come in instead of Lohmann. But very happy to give young Kai a go after he arguably hit career best form earlier this week:

I'm usually not that easily amused but I can't stop laughing at this. Bloody hilarious 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back