Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans, Friday June 16, 7:50pm, Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it’s official, Fagan reads Bigfooty
Great to have Lester back in the team. Should never have been dropped. Fort is another fantastic inclusion. Would still like to see Ah Chee and Lyons in the team, but it will be interesting to see what Fletcher and Lohmann bring.

You'd be surprised.

If you're full time AFL putting in 70 hours a week you read everything.

It's your job to know what people are thinking. You might think it's all crap but you want to know.
Yeah well let’s see if we might actually do a switch, 😂
Couple of handballs,wraparound’s

Nice changes,bit of excitement going into the team
Hopefully Rayner has a 100th game to remember
Let’s see if we can get that possession rate up
More uncontested football please
Get the balance right

Well it is definitely 3kzs wet dream with those changes lol.

Weird that we went the extra forward, looks like we are going to see either Dev inside (preferable) or on the wing, otherwise I guess Bailey will go more into the midfield?

Personally I think a midfield of Neale / Dunkley / Bailey is too small. Hopefully it's Rayner in the middle rotating with Dev fwd / mid and then Bailey on the wing with Berry and Fletcher.

Tbh our mids feel kinda weak once you take out McCluggage and then Zorko.

I hope the forwards line up like this.

Hippwood, Daniher + resting ruckman Fort/McInerney.
Cameron, McCarthy, Bailey, Lohmann. + Rayner(mainly mid) rotating through there or resting on the bench.

Wings- main wings Fletcher, Berry with short relief stints from Wilmot, Robertson, Ashcroft, Lohmann.

Just hypothesising here.

Could you play Lyons if the other guys around 2 way run? Basically cover his obvious weakness to gain his obvious strength?

So we've got an extra forward and one less mid?

Might need Rayner and Bailey to spend more midfield time unfortunately
One extra forward, no winger on the bench.

We usually roll with one mid and one wing on the bench.

Mids: Neale, Dunkley, Ashcroft, Robertson.
Wings: Berry & Fletcher.

Options are Bailey or Robertson play as the third wing. Would be interesting to see if Bailey could run hard in defence. Or if Rayner and Bailey play significant midfield minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just need to replace Berry with Lyons and we will have a top line midfield again
100% agree. There is only so much humble pie Fagan can eat in one week. Robertson is going to play a blinder tomorrow and we are all going to say, “why hasn’t this bloke been in the team all year?” Coleman will be on fire and people will say,”how could Fagan drop Coleman against Hawthorn and keep Rich after he completely stunk it up against Adelaide?” Lester will provide run, poise and backline leadership and fans will say, “why on earth would Fagan drop an inform Lester for an underdone and out of touch Gardiner?” Fort will kick a bag and ruck his heart out and EVERYONE will say, “Why did Crazy Fages get Gunston to Brisbane on a two year deal when he is cooked after 14 games and when has Fort ever given less than 100%”
This is a nightmare for Fagan. All the blokes he has discounted and sold short FIRING UP AT ONCE. Fagan is going to have to get used to fielding questions about selection because with his terrible record he is fair game.

Ahh we got number 12 umpire again, he's a worry.

A.-Stephens-455x400.png

I like him though I’m a tad biased. Went through the junior umpire group in Brisbane.

100% agree. There is only so much humble pie Fagan can eat in one week. Robertson is going to play a blinder tomorrow and we are all going to say, “why hasn’t this bloke been in the team all year?” Coleman will be on fire and people will say,”how could Fagan drop Coleman against Hawthorn and keep Rich after he completely stunk it up against Adelaide?” Lester will provide run, poise and backline leadership and fans will say, “why on earth would Fagan drop an inform Lester for an underdone and out of touch Gardiner?” Fort will kick a bag and ruck his heart out and EVERYONE will say, “Why did Crazy Fages get Gunston to Brisbane on a two year deal when he is cooked after 14 games and when has Fort ever given less than 100%”
This is a nightmare for Fagan. All the blokes he has discounted and sold short FIRING UP AT ONCE. Fagan is going to have to get used to fielding questions about selection because with his terrible record he is fair game.

I like you 3KZ, but this tirade is getting a bit boring.

I like him though I’m a tad biased. Went through the junior umpire group in Brisbane.

Well, ring him up and have a chat about old times. Tell him how great he was, and how you love watching him because he is always so fair.

Can't hurt.

Highly likely the coaches sat down after last week and agreed we had no hope of getting anywhere this year with the lineup we'd persisted with.

Experimenting this week but it's the right week to do it at the Gabba.

The Saints at Marvel will be the real test , overall we've given ourselves a chance to be competitive instead of stagnant . We've had a tired look about us for the last month tbh.

Just hypothesising here.

Could you play Lyons if the other guys around 2 way run? Basically cover his obvious weakness to gain his obvious strength?

Technically possible. Many great Brownlow winning years are helped made from the team running defensive cover. Fyfe brought it up as a reason for winning his first Brownlow. I know Petracca has mentioned being covered a lot which allows him to be a lot more attacking. I would assume Dusty was similar when running through the middle.

Key difference being that these players are/were so damaging with their disposal and were some of the best players in the competition. Lyons is not and so while it’s technically possible it’s probably not worth it. Also in my opinion there’s only one teammate who clearly gets a bit of a pass for slow running and that’s Big O, because he literally isn’t built for it not because of a lack of effort.

Well, ring him up and have a chat about old times. Tell him how great he was, and how you love watching him because he is always so fair.

Can't hurt.

Probably wasn’t clear enough, don’t know him personally but was at the group a bit after he left so there was a lot of hype around him debuting when I was there.

There’s technically a couple more I’ve met and known but I never was much of a socialite and they were much more senior than myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back