Preview Brisbane Lions vs Sydney Swans, Friday June 16, 7:50pm, Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't necessarily disagree, and I think against a team with an undermanned defence like Sydney it would probably work well.

My concern is what happens when we get to playing the likes of Melbourne and Collingwood. If we go in undersized it gives May/Lever/Moore licence to zone off and do what they like.

Yes I know we aren't playing Melbourne or Collingwood tomorrow night. But in my mind we need to start developing a plan which stands up in September. So whilst I agree that going a bit smaller would be quite exciting, I think we'd find once we got figured out it would hamper our ball movement between the arcs.
As we did earlier in the year I reckon we are likely to play Fort against Melbourne anyway.

Prior was probably cooked from covering Rich tbh
Can't remember when but there was a passage of play where Prior (Back pocket) shanked a kick to Rich (Half back), resulting in a turnover because A) Prior's kick was crap and B) Rich was too slow to cover his mistake.

So no, he wasn't covering Rich, he was just as shocking.

Left this thread on page 6 while my sister and i had lunch at Wynnum.
Came back and noticed it was up to page 14 so knew something was up.

I thought BF posters would have been over the moon about the announcement, but it is BF after all.
How or why the decision came about is not important in regard to the next 6 rounds.

Squad wise we now have Adams out for the season, Gunston & Rich unavailable for say 5+ weeks.
Apart from McCluggage our injury list is small, and we need to keep it that way for a while. Hope our luck does not run out.

Only 40 minutes to the squad announcement.
You would expect a bit more pace added and some added marking ability up forward.
Most likely a tall forward but could be someone that takes a good grab and applies pressure.

So Fletcher for Prior you’d imagine and in my opinion that is 100% the right call.

I am not sure we’ll see Prior in the first team again, he was just putrid against Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back