Brownlow Medal 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

E
I don't know if this is completely 100% correct, but I don't think this bloke had ever had a punt in his life. He only signed up to Sportsbet to play the Dream Team comp, IIRC. He did ask for some advice, but at the end of the day he would have been happy with a return of anything over $2500. A couple of punters he asked did advice him to arb and pocket $1250 (roughly), but he was pretty set on backing something at around $2 to walk away with $2500. Can't really blame him.
Except he could've easily arbed it and walked away with at least $1900 - with NO RISK.

Im abit suss on that brownlow king guy, could have easily mentioned Mitchell just to get better odds on some1 else or even given some coin to say it by a bookie. To drop from 20-1 to 5-1 because some guy goes on T.V and announces Mitchell as his tip is ridiculous. Sheeple.

He is genuine but not psychic.

You can't get them all right!

However, why would you blindly rely on someone else's tips anyway?

Do your own count.

Edit: I only had Mitchell on 18 on my count.

My count has ended up like this:

G. Ablett 28
D. Swan 25
J. Selwood 25
S. Pendlebury 24
K. Jack 22
R. Griffen 22
N. Fyfe 21
P. Dangerfield 20
D. Hannebery 20
L. Hodge 19

Also like Freo for Most Votes - Team @ $11, have the tally like so - usually team with most wins gets it but Hawks have been massively even, letting adominate losing player in and the Cats have been in comeback games galore. Syd 93, Fre 92, Gee 92, Haw 90.
My bets are lots of multis with variations of the above, a few cherry picks (Particularly at WCE, on Selwood @ $21 and a cheeky one on Shuey at $51 if all goes insane) and some head to head action.

Also like Sportingbet handicap, based on my leaderboard above I'm on Hodge +12.5, Jack +9 and Griffen +10.

Good luck all!

Picked the trifecta and was right about Sydney winning team votes. Too bad I didn't put any money on either and blew it all on team vote multis including Kieren Jack ffs.

Teddy Richards got slaughtered by Nick Riewoldt over in New Zealand and Longmire moved Richards off him and had to put Grundy on him with Riewoldt taking 13 Marks and having 27 disposals for the game and Teddy Richards got 3 votes. :rolleyes: Nick didn't even get a vote, should of got 2 and at least 1.

Goddard not winning Essendons count minus Watson surprised me as I had BJ getting 15-16 votes and cost me a bit but BJ winning his group made up for it. Heppell getting 3 votes in rd 17 against GWS was a joke, played his worst game for the year and butchered the ball all day. Melksham and Myers were way better that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teddy Richards got slaughtered by Nick Riewoldt over in New Zealand and Longmire moved Richards off him and had to put Grundy on him with Riewoldt taking 13 Marks and having 27 disposals for the game and Teddy Richards got 3 votes. :rolleyes:

Goddard not winning Essendons count minus Watson surprised me as I had BJ getting 15-16 votes and cost me a bit but BJ winning his group made up for it. Heppell getting 3 votes in rd 17 against GWS was a joke, played his worst game for the year and butchered the ball all day. Melksham and Myers were way better that day.

Goddard sooks and whines to the umpires hence his history of underpolling.

Stevie doesn't go off at the umpires. Selwood yes but look at the free kick count 73 for, 28 against. Goddard 13 for 19 against.

Yeah I know I'm just shattered as it cost me 1k profit by BJ getting pipped by 1 vote :mad:

I nearly fell off my chair when Heppell scored 3 against GWS and then thought that despite that BJ would score 3 against Carlton RD 22 and at worst 2 votes after a massive game and the maggots didn't even give him a vote.

Yeah I know I'm just shattered as it cost me 1k profit by BJ getting pipped by 1 vote :mad:

I nearly fell off my chair when Heppell scored 3 against GWS and then thought that despite that BJ would score 3 against Carlton RD 22 and at worst 2 votes after a massive game and the maggots didn't even give him a vote.

Haha i was more shocked at Goddard polling 3 votes with 27 disposals in a 60 pt loss.

I heart him too because I was able to bet against Mitchell.... But he's a charlatan and it's sad that the footy show gave him a platform when even basic research would have revealed that he has no idea.

To be fair, his tip was Ablett from Selwood, with Mitchell the value. TFS cut it very differently to what was said.

I saw a link of a full video of him talking with Shane Crawford... Don't have the link but he gave pretty clear opinions on Mitchell and team winners

He was backed into a corner by TFS.

Take it or leave it, I don't care, but his tip was Ablett from Selwood.

He was backed into a corner by TFS.

Take it or leave it, I don't care, but his tip was Ablett from Selwood.

LOL are you serious?

Sean Brady@BrownlowKing_ 19h
@peterbakas I like tri with Mitchell in it and @tabcomau left him out #error plus Gazza and Pendles

Sean Brady@BrownlowKing_ 22 Sep
My #brownlow top 5 in order are Mitchell #just Ablett Pendlebury Swan Selwood #Gazzavhardtobeat

Sean Brady@BrownlowKing_
@DennyOfficial1 in Oder I have Mitchell, Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Selwood #tightcount Gazza can win for sure but Sam or Pendles can beat him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back