Browser Hijack Spam - Advice for avoiding it is in the OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
EDIT:

This is happening on the CHROME MOBILE BROWSER and Chrome-based browsers mainly. It is a kind of exploit of your browser.

1. Delete your Chrome browser cookies and don't visit BigFooty on the Chrome browser or you will just get the cookies again.

2. While it is being fixed, please try using the Safari, Brave, DuckDuckGo, or Firefox browser.

IPHONE USERS! Potential solution here:

- Chief

======================================

Been getting high jack spam on this site when using via smartphone. Can this be addressed?

Screenshot_20220628-204944_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Been getting high jack spam on this site when using via smartphone. Can this be addressed?

View attachment 1435328
Any more info?

Phone make? Browser?

Any ads you can see on the page at the time?

What's the URL there?

When did it start? Is it still happening?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hiya Chief

I've had a regular poster advise that this issue has returned this morning after being all good over recent days
Did you give them the link I posted? I put it in the OP as well.

Did you give them the link I posted? I put it in the OP as well.

I've followed the link, downloaded the file, but it simply refuses to open / launch.

Tried it repeatedly, but no luck.

Not sure if there's a glitch with the download (tried it multiple times) or if the malware is somehow detecting / blocking it?

I got this a couple of times yesterday as well.

Be careful guys. This isn't necessarily malware on your device but more likely an exploit run through the ad provider. In doing a bit of reasearch this has affected other forums and websites in the past and a few claim that they're seeing it on their Apple devices within the last couple of years. Over time exploits may be patched on certain OS or browsers and it looks like over the years they've been knocked on the head before finding another way through.

Chief - the site you posted gives me a bad feeling as well - 'howtoremove.guide' looks like a typical scareware page designed to get people to download their 'spyhunter' software. Chances are this could be malware disguised as antivirus, or software designed to create false virus alerts, prompting users to pay to 'fix' them. A look at some reviews around the internet seem to think so as well.

I've had this multiple times over the last few days, has only appeared on my mobile and on BigFooty, link is for "luckypapa.top" as per one of the other screenshots, although I get an 'iiNet' flavour noting they're not actually my ISP.

• Pixel 6 Pro
  • Chrome Android

Remove this Banner Ad

Back