Bruce William McAvaney - The always updating Quotes Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And now I'm going to mention all the Ethiopian runners whose names start with 'A'. Aouita - gee, that's a good sounding name isn't it?

Classic.

"Kicks to full-foooooooooorrrwwardddddd" - (ball is nowhere near full-forward)

"Gee you just feel like if they can kick the next one... well... stranger things have happened I reckon, don't you? - (team is four goals down with a minute to play)

"Has a bit of an airieeeeee!" (I f***ing hate that one)

"You just feel like the next minute or two are vital, don't you?" (Mentioned on average 8 times every match)

stabler said:
Drink whenever Bruce says:

"Hooooking baaaaaaaack..."
"..a little toe poke.."
"oooh they're right in this"

or whenever he relinquishes any responsibility for what are his own statements, such as:

"you reckon.."
"you feel.."
"you think.."

...and throw in a "don't you?" at the end of any of these just to further distance himself from his own views of the game.

Also, whenever he abruptly cuts shorts one sentence to excitedly leap into a new and separate train of thought without ever resolving the initial thought.

Drink to any of these rules and you'll be getting your stomach pumped by half time.
you forgot "arches his back.."

Off a step
Worries him out of it

On the pre-game just then speaking about the greatest indigenous players

Right on cue Bruce: "I'll put my hand up, I've been in love with Cyril for a long time". Prompted sarcastic 'really's' from his fellow commentators.

He just said "I've always been in love with Cyril" when they were talking about their favourite indigenous players.

:oops:

(Beaten to it)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruce was at the gee-gees today, after Damian Oliver rode the winner of the Stradbroke Hcp he tells the viewers "that was Ollie's 102nd Group 1 winner, the same number as Jim Cassidy, they're dead even"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back