Bryce Gibbs staying at Carlton - Silvagni in the no blinking zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's previously been lots of talk on our board about Gibbs + 24 for 13 + Lyons
That one came from a poster on our board. It really seems far too much in your favour. Drop the pick going to you guys and it seems more on the money IMO.

1167265.jpg

How I feel after hearing about Bryce and having his signed Guernsey on my wall since I was 12!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, I'm not mad at all. I respect Bryce's decision. Besides he is worth more now than he ever will be in the future.

It will hurt the club greatly moving forward, but this is what a rebuild is meant to be, starting again from the roots and finding the green shoots.

However, that does leave Patrick Cripps, Marc Murphy and Ed Curnow as our main midfielders at the moment which is deeply concerning, given that one is carrying the team, another is edging towards retirement and one is more of a b-grade defensive soldier than a-grade talent.

This comes to show that we need to take advantage in the draft and find the next generation of Carlton midfielders to help Cripps out. Try our best to develop Cuningham and not worry too much about the forward line until every other area is properly addressed (I'd still like for us to obtain Stewart though). :D

Last edited:
I know Crows fans would baulk at McGovern but I don't see why he should be off the table...they are in desperate need of a mid like Gibbs and McGoven, while a quality prospect, probably isn't in their best 22.
:eek:
He played every game bar 1, and that was a rest! If he goes anywhere Id suggest it will be WA.

I know Crows fans would baulk at McGovern but I don't see why he should be off the table...they are in desperate need of a mid like Gibbs and McGoven, while a quality prospect, probably isn't in their best 22.

I would have thought he would be more likely to want to move home to play with his brother than further away.

If he doesn't win a flag, much like Camporeale, he has sold his football identity. I'm no mad at him (I have stopped following him on Twitter, that'll keep him up at night), but I am looking forward to a day when players come to us to win a premiership before they retire.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back