Recommitted Buku Khamis [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
RIVAL INTEREST IN FRINGE DOG
Several clubs are circling Buku Khamis, reports AFL Media, as the fringe Western Bulldogs utility weighs up his footy future.
Khamis, 23, has played 10 games for the Bulldogs since being plucked out of the club’s Next Generation Academy program.
Despite kicking 41.21 from 18 VFL matches for Footscray, Khamis this year has only played one game for the Bulldogs’ AFL side, which featured fellow key forwards Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Rory Lobb and Aaron Naughton inside 50.
AFL Media reported “multiple clubs” had inquired about Khamis, who’ll weigh up his options in the coming weeks.
Khamis in 2022 signed a one-year contract extension – but that deal has now expired.
It comes as the Bulldogs prepare to work with Port Adelaide to facilitate a suitable trade for ruck Jordon Sweet, who on Wednesday requested a move to the Power after playing 11 games for the Dogs.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd question our list management if we aren't one of the clubs enquiring.

Rumours still flying that Kosi is Richmond bound. Fergus Greene can't be our only option as a genuine third tall marking target.

Rumours still flying that Kosi is Richmond bound. Fergus Greene can't be our only option as a genuine third tall marking target.
Buku will be a good fit for you guy’s

Another one to add to the Demons I think

They need 4 forwards at a minimum this off season. Adams/Chol/Khamis will be a good start

They need a genuine tall. I know Jefferson is developing nicely, as too van Rooyen but they have enough guys in that 188cm - 193cm range.
Chol be worth their while. Obviously a McKay would be even better as that is a guaranteed 50 goals per season with the midfield of theirs.

They need a genuine tall. I know Jefferson is developing nicely, as too van Rooyen but they have enough guys in that 188cm - 193cm range.
Chol be worth their while. Obviously a McKay would be even better as that is a guaranteed 50 goals per season with the midfield of theirs.
Is that with McKay shooting 50.150 for the season ;)

Ferg is unlikely to get a contract at this stage.

Not sure Khamis is really what we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like buku. Reckon he'd be a good pickup for someone needing a mdeium tall.

Where from?

I like buku. Reckon he'd be a good pickup for someone needing a mdeium tall.

Where from?

ITK's on our board. Was also a journo running with a story of the Tigers looking at an out of contract KPF, but didn't mention names. Just seemed to line up with the insider news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back