Butler tackle on Blakey

Remove this Banner Ad

Where in the rules does it say a sling tackle supercedes holding the ball?
I know the HTB happens first so is it a reversal? If so why is there no reversal when a player pushes down on a player in the back after he is given a holding the ball free?

Where in the rules does it say a sling tackle supercedes holding the ball?
I know the HTB happens first so is it a reversal? If so why is there no reversal when a player pushes down on a player in the back after he is given a holding the ball free?
Any HTB tackle must be legal (not high/ in the back/ dangerous)

the afl has to at some point remember it's a contact sport
After they suspend 15 odd players in 13 rounds for the exact same thing?

Actually, it's the AFL, that's not out of the question.

Can't wait to see a few dumping tackles in the prelims given a big tick of approval

I get what you're saying. It just that unlike high or in the back the tackle is only illegal at the point he hits the ground,. It was clear HTB until then.
Yes, but a tackle must be completed, then it's HTB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After they suspend 15 odd players in 13 rounds for the exact same thing?

Actually, it's the AFL, that's not out of the question.

Can't wait to see a few dumping tackles in the prelims given a big tick of approval
In what way was it a dumping tackle? He tackled him side-on and didn't change the angle, didn't sling, it was a perfect tackle. If anything it was Blakey's fault for just standing there like a stunned mullet at CHB

In what way was it a dumping tackle? He tackled him side-on and didn't change the angle, didn't sling, it was a perfect tackle. If anything it was Blakey's fault for just standing there like a stunned mullet at CHB
I mean the proof is in the pudding, subbed off concussed after a tackle that drove his head into the turf

That could happen any time someone is tackled when they don't expect it, what other possible way was there to make the tackle?
There were 153 tackles tonight that didn't result in concussion

OP salty Sydney supporter because Buddy the spuddy limped to 350 and he and his team are cooked.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Salty that Parker was rubbed out of tonight for a weaker tackle against a bloke that got up and played out the game without even needing an assessment. Ya boi is cooked.

I mean the proof is in the pudding, subbed off concussed after a tackle that drove his head into the turf
Butler didn’t drive Blakey’s head into the ground. Blakey is being dragged down but his left knee digs into the turf. As such momentum changes from mostly downwards to mostly forwards and causes the rest of his body to rotate from that point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back