Votes: 39 39.4%
  • Fine

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Nothing to see here1

Votes: 9 9.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a pretty weird move. Like, I can’t imagine he was genuinely trying to punch him in the head, but what was he swinging his fist at his head for?

I don’t really care either way if he gets time, maybe deserves 1-2 for being reckless?

maybe a week, but honestly - when anything is considered "low impact" i really don't know why we are suspending blokes for that - just fine them. I agree we need to clean up the game from head hits, but no one wins when players miss games for inflicting a "low impact" hit.

ITs the stuff like the Maynard hit you need to clean out. That was reckless & High Impact. Anything "High Impact" should be dealt with very harshly IMO. Thats when people get hurt - when the Impact is HIGH.

maybe a week, but honestly - when anything is considered "low impact" i really don't know why we are suspending blokes for that - just fine them. I agree we need to clean up the game from head hits, but no one wins when players miss games for inflicting a "low impact" hit.

I agree, but punching someone in the head, who is then on the bench for 15 minutes while they go through concussion rigmarole isn’t nothing.

In fact, no can stop me, I’ll say it: if Blakey was on the field for those 15 minutes Swans would have won.

I agree, but punching someone in the head, who is then on the bench for 15 minutes while they go through concussion rigmarole isn’t nothing.

In fact, no can stop me, I’ll say it: if Blakey was on the field for those 15 minutes Swans would have won.
One of the worst takes I've ever read

They will grade it Reckless, High Contact, Low Impact
I reckon it will be graded careless/high but medium (not low), which means 1 week.

Possibly lucky to avoid an intentional grading though.

That would be fair, as he will miss a final. You just can't do what Martin did in modern day footy.

Last edited:
My bias view is that he was just trying to spoil the handball, but it's not a good look.
Can easily see it being careless, high contact, low impact and a fine, or careless, high, medium and a week.
Can't see it being graded high impact or intentional.
Whatever it is, we cop it on the chin and move on to next week.

Ok well you can keep that one in your pocket for later on when you feel like crying again

Back