Remove this Banner Ad

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Whats up with Butthead Schammer lately?

The guy just seems to be having no impact in games... you'd barely notice he is out there. Where is Harvey playing him? He seems a little lost, last year i think he was playing in the Hasleby role, and this year i'm not sure what exactly he is supposed to be doing.

he's absolutely appalling in just about every facet of the game - the tragic thing is stupid collingwood apparently wanted him in the tarrant trade but instead had to settle for medders...

He gets given the odd run-with task which might make him seem quieter, regardless he is never going to be more than an honest player. I used to be scathing of him, but have mellowed recently, but he still isn't going to be a star with his lack of size/speed and his sometimes poor disposal/decision making. He just doesn't have much hurt factor to allow him to have a strong impact on games.

He had such a good first half off the season too...

Schammer isn't anything special but I'll never slag off guys like him and Solly. At least they attack every contest like human cannonballs and at least I know they try their hearts out every game. Give me 22 of those guys anyday over a team full of skillful pussies who don't seem to care enough to put their bodies on the line.

Schammer isn't anything special but I'll never slag off guys like him and Solly. At least they attack every contest like human cannonballs and at least I know they try their hearts out every game. Give me 22 of those guys anyday over a team full of skillful pussies who don't seem to care enough to put their bodies on the line.

Spot on Esti, when we're down the bottom I'd rather see someone giving their all who lacks class than class players cruising in 2nd gear.

His decision making and skills are appalling.

So often he looks sideways to give to an open outside player and turns the other way and gets nailed, it's not funny.

I feel more stupid for having to watch him.

His heart is the only thing that keeps him from de-list material.

As long as he is a walk up start, we are going nowhere as a club. He should be nothing more than a fringe player if we are ever going to be serious.

He had such a good first half off the season too...

Yes he goes in hard but his decision making/skills are extremely poor.

This is the crux of the problem we don't have many hard nuts who are skilful 95% of the time - hang on these players are A graders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really is as simple as this - in the modern game if you are 5'9 then you need to be able to make up for your lack of size by being one of the most skilled players in the team.

Schammer's problem is that he small, yet his skill level is in line with some of the worst "big men" of the competition.

Schammer really is the worst of both worlds. A midget that cant hit a target.

I enjoy his work purely for the humour of it.

Last week, he turned the ball over twice in the first five minutes for two Adelaide goals. So to stop that he then took the shot himself and dobbed a point from 40 out.

On the game against Carlton he was streaming downfiield, Carlton mid's (sic!) hot on his tail so rather than pass forward to an option he just passed sight unseen back over his head. Confused everyone. He could have just kicked into space but why do that when you can physically pass to the opposition.

I have to admit though I have never been a Schammer fan. I have consistently rated him worse than Macca.

When he plays near our section I always yell out "keep your feet Byron" because it gets big giggle from my section when he inevitably falls over.

If we were a fair dinkum club he would get traded. He needs to play on a smaller ground.

It really is as simple as this - in the modern game if you are 5'9 then you need to be able to make up for your lack of size by being one of the most skilled players in the team.

Schammer's problem is that he small, yet his skill level is in line with some of the worst "big men" of the competition.

Schammer really is the worst of both worlds. A midget that cant hit a target.
If you watch him closely you'll see he doesn't have much in the way of leg speed either which is usually associated with smaller players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back