Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Ralph said last night we are looking at re-signing (yes that's right re-signing not him resigning) him for stability in our a chase for a Kelly or Martin and he would most likely get the extension. Very,very disturbing if true.

I knew a bloke who wanted to buy a big fancy house but he couldn't get the finance. He also wanted to break up with his girlfriend but realised he needed her income to get a loan for his big fancy house.

So they got a joint loan and he got his big fancy house. A few months later they broke up and he had to sell his big fancy house.

Jon Ralph said last night we are looking at re-signing (yes that's right re-signing not him resigning) him for stability in our a chase for a Kelly or Martin and he would most likely get the extension. Very,very disturbing if true.

Ralph is right, we also wont trade Goldy and believe Waite has another year in him. Luckily i had already come to the realisation that we're ****ed for a while yet and have made moves to invest my spare time in other pursuits.

48 and thanks B Scott you managed to do what i believed was impossible....... i had already stopped going to the footy , i actually didnt even watch the game last night and i was home.

I hope you're right and we get Kelly and Martin but if you were either one and you watched our offerings from last night or the week before the bye or our trends over the past 8 years under Scott....not sure they would be in a hurry to get to us.

It is worth remembering that they are likely not to be as invested in the ups and downs of the team as what supporters are.

If they wanted to come to us after the Adelaide game they likely still do.

Chris Judd went from West Coast to a second bottom of the table Carlton.

It is worth remembering that they are likely not to be as invested in the ups and downs of the team as what supporters are.

The illuminati network on offer for Mr and Mrs Judd probably played a bigger part than the coaching prospects of Brett Fatten though.

I do get what you're saying however Judd had already played in a Premiership team at WC so leaving for money was probably easier at that stage than what faces in particular Kelly.
Ralph is right, we also wont trade Goldy and believe Waite has another year in him. Luckily i had already come to the realisation that we're ****** for a while yet and have made moves to invest my spare time in other pursuits.

48 and thanks B Scott you managed to do what i believed was impossible....... i had already stopped going to the footy , i actually didnt even watch the game last night and i was home.
I totally understand you. He has made an absolute passion of mine now just "meh". I still have unwavering hope that coached under someone else guys like Atley,Cunnington,McDonald,Garner amongst others will be the saviors I had once hoped.

I knew a bloke who wanted to buy a big fancy house but he couldn't get the finance. He also wanted to break up with his girlfriend but realised he needed her income to get a loan for his big fancy house.

So they got a joint loan and he got his big fancy house. A few months later they broke up and he had to sell his big fancy house.
Did they make a profit on the sale?

Ralph is right, we also wont trade Goldy and believe Waite has another year in him. Luckily i had already come to the realisation that we're ****** for a while yet and have made moves to invest my spare time in other pursuits.

I think this is the sad thing and you know my thoughts already on how 'meh' I am at our club at the moment, NN.

People who don't see supporting as a job, (and regardless of club most supporters fall into this category) will just drop off until there appears some genuine excitement about us. Ever since JB decided to re-sign the coach fmdthanksverymuch.jpg, my faith in us returning to where we all want us to be has gone. From the inflexibility on team selection & structure, the lack of faith in certain players on the list left compared to the anointed core, the seemingly poor development of what are now our senior core, the list is pretty long for me.......

I think we are a knee jerk set up in the box where the penny seems to take so long to drop, until the damage has set in so deep, it cannot be arrested with just a tweak here and a minor adjustment there. It saps the boys confidence and belief in themselves and it shows in their performance. We are listless, lazy and seemingly not up for the fight.

We are weak and soft.

We fold like a deck of cards at the mere hint of sustained pressure.

I just cant get excited about an organisation like that.

Truth is we have not had elite talent midfielders for fifteen years until we get that don't blame the coach.No one can improve our skill level I believe as basically they all retired or left last year.

Seriously, is:

"We'll keep picking the team to win games to get enough wins to try and compete" - Brad Scott (June 2017)

Really that far removed from:

"You can throw the deckchairs around but we just didn't get our hands on the football" - Dean Laidley (April 2007)

?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truth is we have not had elite talent midfielders for fifteen years until we get that don't blame the coach.No one can improve our skill level I believe as basically they all retired or left last year.
Sorry Roojor...I'm not copping that. Intensity,team selection,a winning ruthless culture,enthusiasm at training,playing and training with a purpose are all his domain. Either you accept that mediocrity is the norm or you change it. He has let mediocrity fester for far too long and this is what we have. Lazy,unaccountable selfish performances have gone on unpunished are were accepted for too long early and still go on now. I will agree,we haven't had elite talent but we have had a number one selection each year. Skill levels haven't improved. I'm certainly not saying it's all his fault but the responsibility for 8 years rests on him. He has had long enough to change this culture. Sadly he hasn't.

We have gone from unsociable (vs Melbourne) to unaccountable pussies in the space of a month.

This really goes back to Scott & Brayshaw dismissing our clubs "backs to the wall" culture, back in the early 2010's, as an outdated thing of the past.

Culturally, we have suffered ever since.

I remember when North sides would win two games a year, but we were never pussies, sides always knew they were in for a torrid physical time vs North, and nobody dared to come out of the club house and try to spin bullshit to the supporters.

LAIDLEY, despite his shortcomings, would never tolerate it,

Our mids are generally poorly skilled and moreso under pressure and when you couple that with being slow then when we lose it they easily move the ball as we do not offer the same pressure. It's all about our midfield and we need to change it up.

Maybe the playing group are pissed off that Goldy is getting protected while Preuss languishes at Werribee.

I mean, what does "We'll keep picking the team to win games to get enough wins to try and compete" even mean?

These are the words of a man that doesn't have a clue!

I mean, what does "We'll keep picking the team to win games to get enough wins to try and compete" even mean?

These are the words of a man that doesn't have a clue!
Agreed.

I'm not sure how anybody with even half a football brain could not see that.

I mean come on, we've got blokes who have been on the list for YEARS and we still have no idea if they can even play or not.

If they can, then give them their head.

If they can't, then why the **** are they still here?

It's idocy that lacks any semblance of direction with purpose.

This bloke is a ******* joke. Now he's cracking jokes in the presser after one of the poorest losses I can remember. He must know he's in the running to be re-signed or have something else lined up. Hopefully it's the latter.

He's managed to destroy the culture at the club to which there is no shinboner spirit left to on pull anymore. Hell I couldn't even watch much of the game last night we were so bad. The difference between our best and worse is by far the biggest in the AFL.

The sooner they get rid of this clown the better. Be gone clone be gone.

I think this is the sad thing and you know my thoughts already on how 'meh' I am at our club at the moment, NN.

People who don't see supporting as a job, (and regardless of club most supporters fall into this category) will just drop off until there appears some genuine excitement about us. Ever since JB decided to re-sign the coach fmdthanksverymuch.jpg, my faith in us returning to where we all want us to be has gone. From the inflexibility on team selection & structure, the lack of faith in certain players on the list left compared to the anointed core, the seemingly poor development of what are now our senior core, the list is pretty long for me.......

I think we are a knee jerk set up in the box where the penny seems to take so long to drop, until the damage has set in so deep, it cannot be arrested with just a tweak here and a minor adjustment there. It saps the boys confidence and belief in themselves and it shows in their performance. We are listless, lazy and seemingly not up for the fight.

We are weak and soft.

We fold like a deck of cards at the mere hint of sustained pressure.

I just cant get excited about an organisation like that.

Cant disagree with you mate. 7 wins 19 losses from our last 26 games. And a coach who still talks finals like they are a measure of success. Greenhead left due to lack of opportunity, Preuss and Daw may not be at North next season and both could end up at clubs travelling better than us- cannot understand Brad's thought processes.

The media need to grow some balls and circle Scott like sharks would a hemophiliac shaving their legs with a blunt razor in the ocean. This must be stopped before he gets signed up again. FWIW Bulldogs (L) GC away (L) Freo -?? Port - away(L- smashed) So I reckon best case is 8 wins from our last 30 attempts.

If I am correct 11 losses for 2017 and in Brad's words, " has been a funny season", he still won't have given up on finals.

this will upset a few but.....best case for us right now is for Kelly to recommit to GWS- would leave Scott in that ocean I mentioned.

sad days man- in footy terms anyway- chin up though, Werribee on the box today and I am actually excited about watching them. means of course I will have watched a game of footy this weekend.

This.

I have an opinion based upon nothing more than gut feel and seeing the actions of the club over the past years, that Scott will be given an extension on his contract.

The reason(s)? As mentioned a steady hand whilst the club goes through a transition and rebuild, sorry reset, so a coach who supposedly knows the list and the players will be considered better than a greenhorn who'd start from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back