Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom 6 last year - zero finals wins. The old Tigers would have sacked him last year. Sacking a coach is not always the best thing for the club.

End of the day KT you wanted Scott gone since he started in 2010. Never open to the idea that he was good for the Roos. IMO your hatred towards Scott blinds you to the good he is doing.
Never heard such a load of crap in all my life. The proof is in the pudding. He had the oldest and most experienced team in history and still couldn't make a top 4 which effectively meant playing finals away and pissing seasons down the drain.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Like the Tigers sticking with Hardwick the people involved at the club would have a much better idea if he is the right person to coach our club.

Again you have 2 options:

1) Sook
2) Support the club and its decisions.

Nothing's been announced yet so don't get ahead of yourself.

Not agreeing with a decision of the club, and giving reasons for that opinion, is also not sooking.

Bottom 6 last year - zero finals wins. The old Tigers would have sacked him last year. Sacking a coach is not always the best thing for the club.

End of the day KT you wanted Scott gone since he started in 2010. Never open to the idea that he was good for the Roos. IMO your hatred towards Scott blinds you to the good he is doing.
Nope, May 26th 2013.

We just put in a season where we won 1 out of 8 games at home and in the Richmond, St Kilda and Collingwood games we have been worse than insipid and well below AFL standard.

We were 3 quarters away from a wooden spoon, have just finished the lowest we ever have in our history and have our worst tally of wins since 1984.

I'm so glad the season we have had has led the club to offer the coach an extension. Clearly nothing needs to change.

He's fooled some. He's made a fortune selling snakeoil. It was only on Saturday that he said we had a strong foundation for the future that was built on winning games!! 7 games in 1 year and half is a strong foundation? Some people buy into his rhetoric, he' very good at selling himself.

Perhaps a few years ago, but Ben Buckley is now running the club. He's no fool.

Saturdays team had average age of 25.2 years and 97.7 games. Richmonds was 24.10 years and 96.6 games. Geelong have debuted what, 8 players?

I don't rate this type of data.

Go through the 11 debutantes one by one and tell me where he has failed.

I'm relaxed, cricket training has started. I just can't see the point in giving him 18 months, another 8 games will tell us where we are at. We're throwing good money after bad, hoping to justify the last 8 years.

Again, a couple more years at this point is nether here nor there.

I doubt we have the available coin to attract a big name experienced coach and starting again with another rookie would be a bigger backward step than could be argued against giving Brad a two year extension.

Come back at the end of 2018 and re-evaluate.

If we aren't up and flying by mid 2019, he is done and dusted.

i for one think the club has made the right choice with Scotts. Irrespective of whether we land a big fish or not he has significantly improved this year. He has ticked all the boxes of what I expected and hope for this year.

As Snake_Baker mentioned he has developed and played kids, seems to have recruited well (though this isn't 100% his decision) and we are playing an attractive brand of footy. He's not playing a dour defensive game plan such as Carltank. Sure our skills and execution are lacking, but that's to be expected for such an inexperienced side.

We clearly have major deficiencies across the ground, notably our midfield and this will be improved via FA or draft in the coming years. We do not have the cattle at the moment, but there are some real gems of promise on our list.

We finished 15th and that's kind of where I expected us to be this year. We didn't deserve the spoon because we played across the season better footy then those below us, Fremantle should be below us as well as they are total shite.

I don't get the complaining around Scotts and I think some posters place way to much emphasis on the importance of the coach. Don't get me wrong I believe it to be hugely important, though I also consider what resources he has in support.

I would like to see some changes around Scott as others have mentioned. A few new fresh faces and ideas around the club would be a positive. I believe the club will make new assistant appointments in the off season.

Lastly, to all those bitching and moaning, mostly likely to continue to do so over the next 2 years, I say to you, enjoy the ride, get excited for I believe our list right now shows more potential then that of 2010-11. Heck, we will only get better after the trade period!

The only way is up!

Never heard such a load of crap in all my life. The proof is in the pudding. He had the oldest and most experienced team in history and still couldn't make a top 4 which effectively meant playing finals away and pissing seasons down the drain.

Dogs have never made the top 4 - sack Beveridge?

Big chance we have back to back premiers out side the top 4.

Like the reasons outlined in Caro's article - if he's overseen a dramatic list renewal by getting signatures of one or two elite players, he's earned the right to two more years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well look at that. I picked Scotts stubbornness after one game!!! Its taken 7 years for him to change...
i thought of Brad as a spoilt teenager in his early years. I think he is more reflective in his decision making now. Just a perception, but one that i like.

Ok so no top 4 in the next 2 years = sack?
Big difference between the 2 Sherlock.

Beveridge -1 premiership, no top 4's and 2 top 8's in 3 years at the end of regular season.

Scott- No premierships, no top 4's and 4 top 8's in 8 years at the end of regular season.

Hell his record for top 8 finishes is only 50%, that's pathetic for a so called top line coach.

Last edited:
Big difference between the 2 Sherlock.

Beveridge -1 premiership, no top 4's and 2 top 8's in 3 years at the end of regular season.

Scott- No premierships, no top 4's and 4 top 8's in 8 years at the end of regular season.

Hell his record for top 8 finishes is only 50%, that's pathetic.

Does every post have you insulting those with differing opinions?

Agree with Snake and North Viking 100%.

To make some additional points, compare Voss at Brisbane. Horrendous first two years, woke up to himself, started getting to the point where he had the experience... then sacked on the basis of his record 'cos he had been given long enough.

Add Leppitsch, rinse and repeat, outcome was that Brisbane went nowhere. Yet I would happily have both those blokes in our set up.

Brad Scott grew this last 12 months, not the least of which has been a willingness to be more ruthless with match selections and list management.

If you have the right guy, support and reinvest in them aka Bomber Thompson or Mathan Buckley. It's the mature approach imo.

If you have the right guy, support and reinvest in them aka Bomber Thompson or Mathan Buckley. It's the mature approach imo.

Buckley? What?

There's no evidence to suggest that Buckley is in fact the 'right' man for Collingwood, just because he's been re-signed purely means they've crossed fingers and backed him in.

It could well prove to be a massive mistake, just like it has been for them since his initial appointment.

Ok so when gets until 2020 surely there has to be some agreements or KPI

I agree, he has changed but for him to stay to get "one" player is ridiculous. It's not going to all of a sudden make us into a top 4 team as much as everyone thinks so

I have faith in the club having some stern words with brad and the coaching staff as we still are way off (especially with injuries)

To be honest I just want a change. Whether that will be negative or positive, we will never know unless we try

Mind you, Gold Coast will put a offer in and north will not stop him leaving or entertaining it, so that tells me it's not that crucial for him stay. He may still take it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back