Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you reckon what I said was baseless.

Like you'd (or any rational player) knock back a million + in after tax income on a contract because you get the privilege for playing for Brad Scott?

Lol.

If they don't come it's got zero to do with Brad Scott.

Like you'd (or any person) knock back a million + in after tax income because you get the privelege for playing for Brad Scott?

Lol.

Are you suggesting that the coach and stability of a club wouldn't be a factor in the decision making process of an elite sports person as to which club they could choose to play for?

Especially when the choice is to leave a club that is playing high end finals?

I'd have thought that they'd want to have a pretty high level of confidence in the direction the club they're choosing to go to was taking.

Are you suggesting that the coach and stability of a club wouldn't be a factor in the decision making process of an elite sports person as to which club they could choose to play for?

Especially when the choice is to leave a club that is playing high end finals?

I'd have thought that they'd want to have a pretty high level of confidence in the direction the club they're choosing to go to was taking.

Refer to my previous post.

What you are pushing is total bullshit, to make Scott appear far more important/persuasive than he is. Our club is clearly stable off-field.

Scott would have (quite rightly) zero impact on their decision, both their clubs are top 4 so it's money (Martin) or history/money (Kelly) - so really both are money, Scott is entirely irrelevant, players play, admin look after off field.

Last edited:
What you are pushing is total bullshit, to make Scott appear far more important/persuasive than he is.

Right it's bullshit.

But no top talent has ever walked to a club without a coach.

It doesn't happen.

Kelly and Martin will need to have bought into where we're heading.

If not it wouldn't really matter what cash we threw at them. They'd stay at clubs currently in finals.

I don't want Scott. If you go back through my posting I say this. The message is appears stale.

I do want two top ten players at North.

I don't make decisions for the club, if they see an extension as a requirement to make it happen then so be it.

Scott isn't what I think is important stability is. I truly believe that these players need to know that we have at least decided on the path we're taking.

Scott would have (quite rightly) zero impact on their decision, both their clubs are top 4 so it's money (Martin) or history/money (Kelly) - so really both are money, Scott is entirely irrelevant, players play, admin look after off field.

This is an incredibly narrow way of looking at things.

Scott isn't what I think is important stability is. I truly believe that these players need to know that we have at least decided on the path we're taking.

Well the path recently is towards a wooden spoon. How enticing.

7 of last 34. 7. Sure we can make reasons/excuses for it, but they are the facts.

Players could be very excited/thrive on a new coach, now Scott has brainwashed so many supporters that he's the best option, so impressive on "cattle available" etc, it's strange.

Well the path recently is towards a wooden spoon

Clubs cycle down, it happens.

It's where we are going not where we've been they'd be interested in.

Players could be very excited/thrive on a new coach, now Scott has brainwashed so many supporters that he's the best, so impressive etc, has me baffled.

This I find interesting.

I would suggest that the vast majority take a more situational point of view.

Clubs cycle down, it happens.

It's where we are going not where we've been they'd be interested in.

This I find interesting.

I would suggest that the vast majority take a more situational point of view.

Where we are going is purely speculative.

For every Simpkin stepping up, there's a Swallow stepping out.

The vast majority take that view because they're lemmings. Hence why Blues and Demons still have supporters.

Refer to my previous post.

What you are pushing is total bullshit, to make Scott appear far more important/persuasive than he is. Our club is clearly stable off-field.

Yeah, nah.

New players coming to a new club are looking for stability. Nick Dal Santo admitted this on radio today.

In fact he actually asked Scotts in our interview with him, what Scott's intentions were? Was he going to stick around?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, nah.

New players coming to a new club are looking for stability. Nick Dal Santo admitted this on radio today.

In fact he actually asked Scotts in our interview with him, what Scott's intentions were? Was he going to stick around?

I'm not sure NDS can be believed.

As an ordinarily performed free agent (unlike Waite/Higgins) what else is he going to say....

Bag the s**t out of the coach that took him on and let us down, especially when Saints didn't want him?

He's indebted to Brad/North.

I'm not sure NDS can be believed.

As an ordinary free agent (unlike Waite/Higgins) what else is he going to say?

Bag the s**t out of the coach that took him on and let us down, when Saints didn't want him?

Let's put it this way, I'd believe Dal Santo before I'd believe you.

No more ****ing apprentices!

Try again.
For an assistant, fresh experience in a modern system could balance that out though. If it's a good candidate it shouldn't matter.

James Kelly has declared his interest in coaching. Been at a power club and a rabble full of kids. Worth a look? Too much Bomber (both kinds) on him?

FORMER North Melbourne player Nick Dal Santo says Kangaroos targets Dustin Martin and Josh Kelly have every right to ask Brad Scott how long he intends to stay at the club.

Scott is currently contracted for next season but looks set to sign a two-year extension that would take him through to the end of 2020.

Dal Santo, who joined the Roos from St Kilda via free agency at the end of 2013, said he asked Scott of his coaching plans when he was considering his own future — and the in-demand Martin and Kelly should look to do the same.

“To put myself in that situation three years ago — that was one of the first things I asked Brad when I met them post-season: ‘how long will you be at this football club for? If you’re here for a short period of time, is that something that I really want to be a part of?’” Dal Santo said on Fox Sports News’ AFL Tonight.

“So if I was Dusty or Kelly that would be a serious question — and so it should be.

“You want to know if you are changing clubs, what that environment looks like and how you fit into it under that coach’s guidance and coaching style.

“So I think that’s a legitimate question and fair enough.”

The Kangaroos have entered a rebuilding phase under Scott, having missed the finals for the first time since 2013.

Dal Santo said with Scott’s focus on youth and education — plus the Roos’ heavy ongoing interest in securing both Kelly and Martin — it seemed unlikely he would be anywhere but Arden Street for the coming years.

“If you are happy with where you’re at, then it’s the right decision — and I think Brad is happy and definitely passionate about North Melbourne,” Dal Santo said.

“The way he speaks to the playing group — and from what I’ve heard this year — he never spoke about anything but the future or getting better for next year.

“And also the investment that they’re potentially putting into Dusty (Martin) and (Josh) Kelly, shows he wants to be there and help this next group of players.

“I don’t think it would be right if he was going really hard at these guys and then saying ‘oh I’m going to go to the Gold Coast Suns now’ — that doesn’t make sense to me.”

Dal Santo said he believed Scott was the right man to educate North Melbourne’s young group in the years to come.

774f37b0665fe2d9ffef87b037b3d3ba

Kangaroos Head Coach Brad Scott. (AAP Image/Dan Peled)Source: AAP

But the former Roo said he needed to continue on the line of moving on older players — as was done with Dal Santo, Brent Harvey, Drew Petrie and Michael Firrito at the end of 2016 — and giving young players an opportunity.

“Brad’s a fantastic coach and the one thing that I don’t think that Brad gets a lot of credit for is his ability to educate and teach — particularly the younger players,” Dal Santo said.

“In my experiences with Brad, (he’s) a really good tactical coach, he knows football, but his ability behind closed doors to explain and to educate the game of footy, to simplify it for particularly the younger playing group, I think will be a great fit for where the Kangas are right now and going forward in the next two to three years.

“I think the situation North Melbourne are in, they’re well aware that it’s not a quick fix — Brad has been there for a long period of time already.

“And there’s some decisions that were made last year, (that were) the start of what needs to continue for the next two to three years and I think that Brad’s a great man to be there that whole time.”

Axed North stars endorse Scott

By SEN 9 minutes ago

Drew Petrie and Nick Dal Santo, a pair of players Brad Scott axed at the end of last year, have endorsed their former coach to remain at the helm of North Melbourne.

It has been reported the Kangaroos have offered Scott a two-year contract extension, which would tie him to the club until the end of 2020. Scott has been linked to the vacant Gold Coast Suns coaching role, but his former teammates believe he is the right man to lead North forward.

“He certainly did great things for my career and the footy club,” Petrie told SEN’s The Run Home.

“I know the boys finished 15th but there were fixe-or-six games that they were right in. They challenged the top sides. You saw the emergence of a lot of kids; Ben Brown had a fantastic year. You can take plenty of positive things from what he has done this year.

“I hope he gets the position. I think he is a great coach and I can’t speak highly of Brad and what he did while I was there.”

Petrie, who played 316 games and kicked 428 goals for the Roos, also admitted the call not to keep him at the club at the end of 2016 was the right move.

The 34-year-old announced his retirement this week and is about to embark on a finals campaign with West Coast.

“You look at how things have gone this year and he has made the right call,” Petrie said.

“The call not to give me another contract was a hard one but you look at how Brown went this year and I’m happy I got out of the way.

“His strength of his character was shown when he was able to make tough decisions when there was backlash. You look 12 months down the track and you ask yourself if he made the right decisions, and you say yes.”

Dal Santo, who made 62 appearances in the blue and white jumper, echoed Petrie’s sentiments.

“It’s a good move,” he told SEN Afternoons, about North offering Scott a new deal.

“I’m perfectly comfortable with Brad Scott remaining at North Melbourne. I never really understood the external noise of him going to the Gold Coast. The only part of that that made sense was Brad being able to extend his coaching career.

“The way Brad always spoke, the players at North have never felt like he was going to leave. It was always about building and getting better.”
If this article doesn't further endorse Drew standing in my eye nothing ever will.
He's a true shinboner full of integrity and honesty.
Hope he has many future father and Sons!!! Would love to see the Petrie name back at the club.

If this article doesn't further endorse Drew standing in my eye nothing ever will.
He's a true shinboner full of integrity and honesty.
Hope he has many future father and Sons!!! Would love to see the Petrie name back at the club.
He has one boy and two girls. Will hopefully see them in both our men's and women's teams.

AFL+Rd+7+St+Kilda+v+North+Melbourne+3Nv_77EuyGEl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back