Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah am hearing the Scott hate loud and clear through the murky waters of righteous manipulation.

I once was a 'hater', but then all that I hated was no longer there to hate. This didn't mean I became a rusted on fan either. Just I believe he started to do what was right by our club. big tick!
We have had held the shitty end of the stick injury wise this season. I reckon we've sucked it up fairly well. He could have played the Hansen's, Thomas' let Goldy be our single ruck which is a role he thrives in. Scott gave Pruess 7 games to the detriment of on-field performance and now we have young ruck who averages near 4 marks, 10 disposals, 4 tackles 24 hit outs. Big tick!

Simpkin will play his 12th game for the season. Dumont his 17th, Larkey's got 2, Durds has 6, Clarke 13, Mountford 10, Nielson 6, EVW 7, Wagner 4, Williams 2, Hibberd 4, Zurhaar 3, Garner 17 ( how good's he been?) and I reckon McKay will debut next week.

We've seen our lack of ability to develop players = Benny Brown as one of the very best KPF's in the comp. Not forgetting all those I mentioned above.

What has hurt our win/loss column is Wright & Jacobs 0 games, Turner, Waite, Wood, Williams & Macmillan have missed the best part of half a season and some a fraction more.

Hate away, just don't lose sight of the facts. I am more comfortable with where we're at that I have in a while. Looks like Raynor or Kelly and another top 20 pick- yay. Add in all those injured and Ahern......... 2018 is gunna be fun:)

Yeah am hearing the Scott hate loud and clear through the murky waters of righteous manipulation.

I once was a 'hater', but then all that I hated was no longer there to hate. This didn't mean I became a rusted on fan either. Just I believe he started to do what was right by our club. big tick!
We have had held the shitty end of the stick injury wise this season. I reckon we've sucked it up fairly well. He could have played the Hansen's, Thomas' let Goldy be our single ruck which is a role he thrives in. Scott gave Pruess 7 games to the detriment of on-field performance and now we have young ruck who averages near 4 marks, 10 disposals, 4 tackles 24 hit outs. Big tick!

Simpkin will play his 12th game for the season. Dumont his 17th, Larkey's got 2, Durds has 6, Clarke 13, Mountford 10, Nielson 6, EVW 7, Wagner 4, Williams 2, Hibberd 4, Zurhaar 3, Garner 17 ( how good's he been?) and I reckon McKay will debut next week.

We've seen our lack of ability to develop players = Benny Brown as one of the very best KPF's in the comp. Not forgetting all those I mentioned above.

What has hurt our win/loss column is Wright & Jacobs 0 games, Turner, Waite, Wood, Williams & Macmillan have missed the best part of half a season and some a fraction more.

Hate away, just don't lose sight of the facts. I am more comfortable with where we're at that I have in a while. Looks like Raynor or Kelly and another top 20 pick- yay. Add in all those injured and Ahern......... 2018 is gunna be fun:)

This is a metamorphosis from Chook to Turkey.

I'm not a great fan of Carlton, but I was so annoyed watching their tactics tonight. Bolton and his team of coaches did what good coaches do...they studied the way that their opposition plays ( their strengths) and designed a way to upset the opposition.
Last weekend we did NOTHING to stop Hawthorn's uncontested marks and running to space game and they cut us to pieces. Tonight Carlton harassed them unmercifully and filled the spaces so Hawthorn couldn't control the play.
What did we talk about in our 'televised' team meeting?
I look at it the other way. What do the players get from beating Hawthorn by attacking their game plan? If we were 8th, fine. But we took them on playing North Melbourne football. We lost, big deal. Heaps of kids got a taste of playing our game, together.
Far more important at this stage of development.

As the initial BBB thread starter I've been pretty open about my dislike for Scotts coaching....BUT...we are now in a very different situation and if one or both of JK and Dusty comes I'm happy to see what he can do next year. If we're not on the 8 by round 8 it's adios.
You fricking idiot, you know full well that Scotts will turn Dusty into a 20 possession turnover merchant and Kelly into a fumbling run with player.

A full rebuild starts with a bew coach .:p:eek:

Been a staunch supporter, and maybe I'm overreacting, but performances like today are inexcusable, no matter whether we're 'experimenting' with player positions or have a long injury list. Skills that are VFL standard and below, set-ups that allow the opposition to waltz the ball out of our backline for goal after goal after the inevitable turn-over, lack of effort, lack of accountability and players looking like they don't give a *. We are by a long way the worst side in the comp. Serious questions need to be asked. If not Brad then many of his assistants must go.

Been a staunch supporter, and maybe I'm overreacting, but performances like today are inexcusable, no matter whether we're 'experimenting' with player positions or have a long injury list. Skills that are VFL standard and below, set-ups that allow the opposition to waltz the ball out of our backline for goal after goal after the inevitable turn-over, lack of effort, lack of accountability and players looking like they don't give a ****. We are by a long way the worst side in the comp. Serious questions need to be asked. If not Brad then many of his assistants must go.
The way we set up is puzzling.

Been a staunch supporter, and maybe I'm overreacting, but performances like today are inexcusable, no matter whether we're 'experimenting' with player positions or have a long injury list. Skills that are VFL standard and below, set-ups that allow the opposition to waltz the ball out of our backline for goal after goal after the inevitable turn-over, lack of effort, lack of accountability and players looking like they don't give a ****. We are by a long way the worst side in the comp. Serious questions need to be asked. If not Brad then many of his assistants must go.
Not going anywhere with this s**t coaching or what ever you call it . I hope he goes to the Suns . I hope Martin and Kelly stay put because since this talk of them coming to North started they have been absolute ass ring . I think all this talk of millions here millions there the players have given the coaching panel and club the finger ..

As the initial BBB thread starter I've been pretty open about my dislike for Scotts coaching....BUT...we are now in a very different situation and if one or both of JK and Dusty comes I'm happy to see what he can do next year. If we're not on the 8 by round 8 it's adios.

'Happy to see.'

...what did i miss from the top of my Shetland Pony called 'Nick'?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott to go.

Posters can put up a good argument about kids etc, but yeah, it's a no from me.

A new coach can also drive that development.

If Gold Coast want him, as he's done a pretty good job, I'll pack his bags and drive him there personally.

So wh
Sorry for being cynical, but so what's new.......been happening a long time now, it's Norths style, at least North is consistent, not likely to change under Scott, proof is in the pudding!

Scott to go.

Posters can put up a good argument about kids etc, but yeah, it's a no from me.

A new coach can also drive that development.

If Gold Coast want him, as he's done a pretty good job, I'll pack his bags and drive him there personally.

A lot depends on the new coach being better than the old coach. I think Brad has improved this season and I realise we may finish last. A new coach will take 12 or so months to assess the list.

I'm not against a change as long as it isn't a change for changes sake.

Your
You fricking idiot, you know full well that Scotts will turn Dusty into a 20 possession turnover merchant and Kelly into a fumbling run with player.
suggesting makes me wonder if something similar happened with Maj, played pretty good when he started, I think he started to become worse when Scott started to take more charge of him, also wondering if the same has already occurred this year with a few of the younger one....all the potential was there to be seen, but then Scott touched them, trying to mould them into what they are not, or maybe what Scott is not good at......getting the best out of players.

Scott may be good at talking, but certainly not good at doing!

He may be committed, he may have a vision, that does not mean he can do what is required, which also worries me if North happens to recruit quality players, very likely to turn them into his style,

A lot depends on the new coach being better than the old coach. I think Brad has improved this season and I realise we may finish last. A new coach will take 12 or so months to assess the list.

Not sure what is so emphatic about of performances this year (and that's looking past win-loss) to make people think Brad is the man to retain the reigns. Excluding youth it's not like the seniors are incredibly consistent or playing at their best (hell a few hit career worst form this season) but set plays and discipline to run and apply themselves has looked as patchy as ever.

I get that you can look at a lower team and see "signs" - but while I we're far from the worst bottom 3 side I've seen, I haven't observed anything of particular note to assure me the coach is the right man for the future.

Would hate to be in the board's shoes as it's a really difficult year to assess in planning out the next 2-3 years.

Not sure what is so emphatic about of performances this year (and that's looking past win-loss) to make people think Brad is the man to retain the reigns. Excluding youth it's not like the seniors are incredibly consistent or playing at their best (hell a few hit career worst form this season) but set plays and discipline to run and apply themselves has looked as patchy as ever.

I get that you can look at a lower team and see "signs" - but while I we're far from the worst bottom 3 side I've seen, I haven't observed anything of particular note to assure me the coach is the right man for the future.

Would hate to be in the board's shoes as it's a really difficult year to assess in planning out the next 2-3 years.
He has had his go move him on not really a hard decision at all . 8 years we had a half decent team now we are like witches hats not a great look for potential supporters . He is the reason we are 5000 supporters down from last year . Very stubborn person . I think he needs a change as much as the club does.

He has had his go move him on not really a hard decision at all . 8 years we had a half decent team now we are like witches hats not a great look for potential supporters . He is the reason we are 5000 supporters down from last year . Very stubborn person . I think he needs a change as much as the club does.

Agree with some of that but don't think you can pin the supporter churn all down to him.

Assessment done: been working on it for 4 years already

unnamed (3).jpg

TIME FOR SCOTT TO MAKE SWITCH

-JON RALPH

PAUL Roos says “career coaches” like Brad Scott must maximise their value by considering moving clubs when in demand.

North Melbourne is yet to offer Scott a contract extension past 2018 while he roars into short-priced favouritism for the vacant Gold Coast role.

The Roos seem likely to offer him an extension as part of an off-season review, but a long-term deal at a rival club might appeal if they decide to let him coach out his contract.

Premiership coach Roos agrees with Mark Williams’ theory that coaches can find themselves on the scrapheap if they don’t time their run.

“There is no doubt had Choco left the year before he got the flick from Port Adelaide he would have got another job,” Roos told Triple M.

“The article was dismissed by people but his intention was accurate. Timing is everything for both the footy club and senior coach.

“If you want to be a career senior coach and miss your timing, Mark’s record is as good as anyone’s apart from Alastair Clarkson.

“But his timing was the worst in the AFL and he hasn’t been able to get a job. It’s an indictment on the system.

“So there answer is there is a use-by-date for a coach and the club point of view.”

It is understood the Roos have spent time considering how many coaches have been able to win their premiership in their second rebuilding cycle.

Scott continues to say he is committed to the Roos and is not interested in rival vacancies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back