Play Nice Bye Bye Brad #3 [Locked: BS signs 2-year ext. Aug-2017, tied to NM until end 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A reminder that Bard is on SEN's "In the Coahes Box" tonight from 6pm. Unlike the Talking Footy appearance I'm hoping to hear our plans for drafting/trading to remove the guesswork re what direction we're heading in and why.

Brad Scott: If both teams play their best I think Geelong wins, they've played the best footy all year #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: There's nothing I could tell Chris that he wouldn't already know about another team #CoachesBox
Brad Scott on the bye: The quality of the finals has been brilliant, everyone wants to have their players fresh #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: There is an achievement in making a Grand Final, not so much after losing a prelim #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: I feel more responsibility as a coach than what I did as a player in the finals #CoachesBox
Brad Scott on this finals series: I'm pretty good at moving on, we're looking to the opportunity that's ahead #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: We'll probably look back to halfway through the season and think what could have been #CoachesBox
Brad Scott on injuries: We were very fit aerobically but probably some things we did in training did have an impact #CoachesBox
Brad Scott on Jobe coming back: It's great for the game, he's like by everyone around the league #CoachesBox

Brad Scott: Contracted players are just nominating clubs and acting as free agents, all the other clubs back off #CoachesBox
Brad Scott would like to see clubs not be put off by going after a player just because he's nominated a club #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: There's more people coming around to players being traded in contract without consent so long as the terms are kept #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: I never had a discussion with anyone about the Lions job #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: The only dissapointing thing was I had to explain to the players the Lions talk was just scuttlebutt https://twitter.com/hashtag/CoachesBox?src=hash
Brad Scott: I speak to Boomer still, I made a commitment to him I'd tell him the truth when I knew [URL='https://twitter.com/hashtag/CoachesBox?src=hash']#CoachesBox[/URL]
Brad Scott on Boomer: Ideally we'd like to have waited to announce it but the club was afraid it would get out early #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: Coaches don't retire players, players retire players #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: I told Drew and Boomer the performance of the team was going to play a big part in their futures at the club #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: We'd be having the same conversation about Boomer if he was 43 and had played 500 games #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: It's not a question if Boomer had another year left in him, it doesn't fit with the club

Brad Scott on Wells: It's on public record there is a really strong two-year offer there for him #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: We want to keep Daniel but we respect his rights as a free agent #CoachesBox
Brad Scott on if North are potential finalists next year: Well it all depends on how much everyone else improves #CoachesBox
Brad Scott says North has a good foundation from the draft in recent years and has confidence in development #CoachesBox

Does anyone else feel ill with the how well other teams improve argument?

It's like he has no control over what he can control.
Yep, it's like he's giving excuses already, and he doesn't have the arrogant determination to say we are going to be the best. I don't doubt that this attitude wears off on the players. That and the fact it's a broken record.

Fact is Scott is a great talker, excellent 'face' of the club. Probably why he got the job to start with under tutoring (Malthouse's protégé in Mark Neeld ended well...)

I have no doubt at all he is 100% invested in what he is doing (hence all the loyalty bullshit this week because he has a contact, he bloody well should be), he's a likable guy.

The issue though is whether he can coach - we have made prelims off poor H&A finishes and lucky in many of those games - but with the amount of quality senior players in that period I still think we have seriously underachieved.

Next year will test him (and players). We either stride forward to match this years result, or he should be given his marching orders. For the first time in a while (due to his ridiculous extensions) he has to fight to stay and will change for the better. (but rightly King Corey, that might be fanciful thinking just because Buckley is coming in)

I'm excited about the fact we shouldn't go backwards off this year if we are fit. If we do, with the stocks we have and how he went about getting opposition geriatrics in, then I suspect the heat (finally) will/should be turned right up :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Fact is Scott is a great talker, excellent 'face' of the club. Probably why he got the job to start with (Malthouse's protégé in Mark Neeld ended well...)

I have no doubt at all he is 100% invested in what he is doing (hence all the loyalty bullshit this week because he has a contact).

The issue is whether he can coach - we have made prelims off poor H&A finishes and lucky in many of those games, but with the amount of quality senior players in that I still think we underachieved.

Next year will test him (and players). We either stride forward t at least match this years result, or he should be given his marching orders - for the first time in a while (due to his ridiculous extensions) he has to fight to stay. (but rightly King Corey, that might just be fanciful thinking just because Buckley is coming in)

I'm excited about that as we can't go backwards off this year. If we do, with the stocks we have and how he went about getting opposition geriatrics in, then I suspect the heat will be turned right up :thumbsu:
Yep. He has banged on about the fact we have used our top picks in the draft for the last 10 years...well show us now what you can do with all these picks or piss off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Scott: If both teams play their best I think Geelong wins, they've played the best footy all year #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: There's nothing I could tell Chris that he wouldn't already know about another team #CoachesBox
Brad Scott on the bye: The quality of the finals has been brilliant, everyone wants to have their players fresh #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: There is an achievement in making a Grand Final, not so much after losing a prelim #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: I feel more responsibility as a coach than what I did as a player in the finals #CoachesBox
Brad Scott on this finals series: I'm pretty good at moving on, we're looking to the opportunity that's ahead #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: We'll probably look back to halfway through the season and think what could have been #CoachesBox
Brad Scott on injuries: We were very fit aerobically but probably some things we did in training did have an impact #CoachesBox
Brad Scott on Jobe coming back: It's great for the game, he's like by everyone around the league #CoachesBox

Brad Scott: Contracted players are just nominating clubs and acting as free agents, all the other clubs back off #CoachesBox
Brad Scott would like to see clubs not be put off by going after a player just because he's nominated a club #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: There's more people coming around to players being traded in contract without consent so long as the terms are kept #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: I never had a discussion with anyone about the Lions job #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: The only dissapointing thing was I had to explain to the players the Lions talk was just scuttlebutt
Brad Scott: I speak to Boomer still, I made a commitment to him I'd tell him the truth when I knew #CoachesBox
Brad Scott on Boomer: Ideally we'd like to have waited to announce it but the club was afraid it would get out early #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: Coaches don't retire players, players retire players #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: I told Drew and Boomer the performance of the team was going to play a big part in their futures at the club #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: We'd be having the same conversation about Boomer if he was 43 and had played 500 games #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: It's not a question if Boomer had another year left in him, it doesn't fit with the club

Brad Scott on Wells: It's on public record there is a really strong two-year offer there for him #CoachesBox
Brad Scott: We want to keep Daniel but we respect his rights as a free agent #CoachesBox
Brad Scott on if North are potential finalists next year: Well it all depends on how much everyone else improves #CoachesBox
Brad Scott says North has a good foundation from the draft in recent years and has confidence in development #CoachesBox

Cats played the best all year compared to swans? Surely he wasn't serious about that or he hasent watched both teams play all year.

Does anyone else feel ill with the how well other teams improve argument?

It's like he has no control over what he can control.
Yeah it's as if he has no faith in his ability to "Improve" our side. He may as well responded with Gobble, Gobble, Gobble. :stern look

Cats played the best all year compared to swans? Surely he wasn't serious about that or he hasent watched both teams play all year.
He is clueless . The call on Harvey is even more mind boggling .

LOL.

Scott also said Petrie was a very valuable pressure forward, yet was lucky to even know where the footy was most of the time this year :thumbsu:
If these are his observations over the year God help North and all that play for them in 2017!!!!!!

Yep. He has banged on about the fact we have used our top picks in the draft for the last 10 years...well show us now what you can do with all these picks or piss off.
Yep. Give the man the summer and up until the break. Let's see what he can do when there's no pressure on the club to perform but there is on him.
Ben Buckley isn't going to offer up a contract extension to a team resetting and getting thumped.

Brad Scott, admitted he stuffed up preseason training.
Brad Scott thinks Geelong is the best team in the comp.
Brad Scott, thinks *Jobe is a Statesman!!

Do you really need any more reasons to send this guy north to Brisbane?
Are there good Golf courses up there if there is go now

I've been as frustrated with Brad as the next person.
Next year he won't it would seem have five senior players plus Nahas and Ray to rely on. Am excited for us and Brad, here's his chance to show he's got what it takes. I actually think he'll surprise a few on here next season.

Am happy with his admission we got it wrong off season, a good start.

I hope so he has 2 years to turn it around after this season . I mean 2 prelims in succession is pretty good but usually after getting in grand finals we make another after 20 or so years :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back