Cairns stabbing tragedy

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely horrific. You don't just wake up one day and murder your children. Seems the work of an obviously disturbed mind. I'd bet money on her being mentally affected, either recently or dealing with something for a long time.
Feel terrible for the children. **** this week.
Reports are that she was acting strangely before the incident , so it could be a mental illness or drug induced.

Either way it's a horific violent crime with no justification .

Who was the last mass murderer, they are typically men, to get off on insanity?

Roger Dean seemed a bit crazy, killed 11 old people, "I love the residents very much and I have a really good rapport with them, so I feel extremely bad and I just feel evil that I'm just corrupted with evil thoughts that had made me do that." He was sentenced life imprisonment with no chance of parole.

Brendan Sokaluk, arsonist who suffers autism spectrum disorder, surely to be sent to an institution? 14 years in jail.

Marin Bryant, well known for killing 35 people in Port Arthur, didn't plead guilty, there were no fingerprints or hard evidence on him, only after a visit from his mother and sister to the police station where they said if he didn't plead guilty they would commit suicide did he pleas guilty under duress. Psychological analysis was that he had poor IQ, 66, and was living off a disability pension for being mentally handicapped, despite that was deemed mentally competent and was sent to jail for 1,035 years in prison without any evidence on him and a coerced confession of a halfwit.

I am not sure when a man has ever got off mass murder on being insane, I think never. We even put those with well known historical mental disability into prison. It would require an Oscar winning performance. We are entering uncharted territory with an alleged female mass murder, if anyone is going to pull off insanity, it will be a woman.
As a matter of interest, when was the last time a woman got off mass murder?

Absolutely horrific. You don't just wake up one day and murder your children. Seems the work of an obviously disturbed mind. I'd bet money on her being mentally affected, either recently or dealing with something for a long time.
Feel terrible for the children. **** this week.

Who the father / s of the children is / are may or may not tell some of the story.

Who was the last mass murderer, they are typically men, to get off on insanity?

Roger Dean seemed a bit crazy, killed 11 old people, "I love the residents very much and I have a really good rapport with them, so I feel extremely bad and I just feel evil that I'm just corrupted with evil thoughts that had made me do that." He was sentenced life imprisonment with no chance of parole.

Brendan Sokaluk, arsonist who suffers autism spectrum disorder, surely to be sent to an institution? 14 years in jail.

Marin Bryant, well known for killing 35 people in Port Arthur, didn't plead guilty, there were no fingerprints or hard evidence on him, only after a visit from his mother and sister to the police station where they said if he didn't plead guilty they would commit suicide did he pleas guilty under duress. Psychological analysis was that he had poor IQ, 66, and was living off a disability pension for being mentally handicapped, despite that was deemed mentally competent and was sent to jail for 1,035 years in prison without any evidence on him and a coerced confession of a halfwit.

I am not sure when a man has ever got off mass murder on being insane, I think never. We even put those with well known historical mental disability into prison. It would require an Oscar winning performance. We are entering uncharted territory with an alleged female mass murder, if anyone is going to pull off insanity, it will be a woman.

If that's your point, and I think it is, its both wrong and baseless.

You're projecting some fantasy outcome to suit your agenda.

Get your hand off it, 8 kids are dead ffs. Grow up.

I googled 'women mass murderers' 1st hit, first case:

Andrea Yates killed – one by one – by drowning them in the family bathtub, all five of her children – in less than an hour.
In 2006 a Texas Jury found Yates was not guilty by reason of insanity.

Have been offline for a few days. Haven't heard anything about this incident until now. Is there some way we can blame it on Islam?

Much to the apparent dissapointment of some, I don't see any of the so called 'usual suspects' bringing Islsm into this....why start now?

Grow up Jiska.

Have been offline for a few days. Haven't heard anything about this incident until now. Is there some way we can blame it on Islam?

Your first inclination after hearing of news like this is to make a snarky political point?

Have some decency.

Wow, seriously? The first thing you post when you first heard of this incident is whether people are blaming lslam? I think you're a little obsessed.

Wow, seriously? The first thing you post when you first heard of this incident is whether people are blaming lslam? I think you're a little obsessed.

Considering the way others on here are so frequently accused of being obsessed with Islam, it's quite sad isn't it.

Reports are that she was acting strangely before the incident , so it could be a mental illness or drug induced.

Either way it's a horific violent crime with no justification .
Yep absolutely no justification. Not looking for an excuse just speculating on a reason.

Hmmm doubt it was drug induced. Although that depends on the drug. There's a pretty obvious mental component to this, whether the woman was always a psychopath, developed a dissociative disorder (possibly drug induced) or a long standing affective problem that worsened severely.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me put it this way....if a man stabbed 8 kids to death would the feminazi brigade allow any discussion of his mental health?

For example think back to Sammy Newman and how he was absolutely reamed in the media when he suggested the bloke who lobbed his kids off the Westgate bridge may of had issues etc.

But when it's a female (alleged) offender, it's fine?

Load of garbage.

Someone needs to crack down on ice, it's not a cool drug, at least smackys tend to just lie there with their tongue out drooling between knocking over servos. A mate's girlfriend works as a lawyer in the Murray Bridge Magistrates Court and she says it 's ice and synthetic ice, meow, meow, she said it's called that's causing havoc out there. I was always glad I was never that much into the go faster drugs.
Probably an issue for a different thread, but ice is bad news.

No, apparently this tragedy has been turned into a gender issue.

Prolly don't need camera crews intruding on the families grief either.
I wouldn't "you know what" on much of the mainstream media if it were on fire.

She was a christian . . . so of course there's been no discussion on religion.

Can you link me to anyone saying the actions of this individual were 'fine'?

Don't deliberately misquote me.

I said when mental health issues are brought up to explain mothers killing there kids no one bats an eye lid.

When someone suggests mental health issues for a father, then they are condemned.

That's unacceptable.

Women very rarely mass murder, can't recall the last time in Australia so this will be a test case. We have been totally unsympathetic to males who have mass murdered even if there was clearly something wrong with them.

If that's your point, and I think it is, its both wrong and baseless.

You're projecting some fantasy outcome to suit your agenda.

Get your hand off it, 8 kids are dead ffs. Grow up.

I don't have an agenda. I was just pointing out that if she was successful in getting off based on insanity then I doubt she would spend long in an institution, because unlike jails, institutions actually try and help and rehabilitate you. Our prison system is meant to do that but it does not.

Someone needs to crack down on ice, it's not a cool drug, at least smackys tend to just lie there with their tongue out drooling between knocking over servos. A mate's girlfriend works as a lawyer in the Murray Bridge Magistrates Court and she says it 's ice and synthetic ice, meow, meow, she said it's called that's causing havoc out there. I was always glad I was never that much into the go faster drugs.
Probably an issue for a different thread, but ice is bad news.

Ice is bad s**t but did you hear that it was a factor here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back