Cameron Cloke to Carlton? Merged threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering all the mature bodies we have been delisting over the last few years I'm not sure that that argument makes much sense... if it is part of the clubs reasoning for considering the moves.

With our list we are really after role models. Players from the better clubs who are only moving because the lists they come from are very strong. Players with good work ethics and great off-field attitudes:thumbsu:

Although if they are really keen on Zantuck, this Cloke thing could be a masterstroke. We would be so relieved that we don't take Cloke that Zantuck will be seen as a great pickup:D

Zantuck is definitely a better option, and in my opinion would definitely slot in nicely to our defensive structure. All this rubbish about him having a poor attitude is getting old - if it were still the case, do you really think he would have been granted the opportunity to train? They don't just offer pre-season training to a guy with a reputation like Zantuck without evaluating him first...

He is a quality footballer. Cameron Cloke is not. Those who dispute Zantuck's worth on the field have clearly not seen him play.

And yes, he has been an undisciplined jerk in the past in his extra-curricular activities. But hey, he was very young then. Maybe he's realised that it is now or never.

After all, B. Fevola has a far bigger rap sheet than T. Zantuck, and look how he turned out... Although I am glad that the number 26 guernsey has already been dished out - we wouldn't want them to get too close!:rolleyes:

Zantuck is definitely worth it. Talent wise, only Thornton and O'hAilpin (Bower maybe, but I think everyone is getting a tad carried away) would currently be more worthy of a key position role in our back half.

Arent you the same person who started all this cam Cloke stuff coming to carlton? So whats happened since? I know you said at the time that you werent happy about it, but you said "you hear it here first" Is this just your opinion about zantuck or have you heard something about Cloke? Zantuck or Cloke who are we going to take?

Re: Cloke two a Blue

We will be taking Zantuck in the PSD. The reason being that we have drafted so many young kids in the last few years that we are short on Senior more mature bodies that can act as protection for the young guys.

bLUE_bALLs said:
Unless Carlton recruiting does a backflip between now and next tuesday, we will be drafting Cameron Cloke.
The club has told him that is as good as done, unless someone beats us to the punch.

Gee wizz, I just don't know who to believe.......guess I'll just switch off until Tuesday morning and ignore it all.:thumbsu:

Arent you the same person who started all this cam Cloke stuff coming to carlton? So whats happened since? I know you said at the time that you werent happy about it, but you said "you hear it here first" Is this just your opinion about zantuck or have you heard something about Cloke? Zantuck or Cloke who are we going to take?

I'll spell it out for you then, Potato. Yes, I said that Cameron Cloke is coming to Carlton, because that is what's happening. I have been told by a member of the coaching staff. You appear to be obsessed about my revealing the exact nature of my source, which won't happen. If you don't believe me, that's fine.

I was only making comments about Zantuck because I think he is the much superior option. I think picking up Cameron Cloke is ridiculous - but I am not in a position to control anything.

To sum up:

• Carlton will take Cloke.
  • Carlton should take Zantuck.
  • Cameron Cloke is rubbish.
  • Your capacity for problem-solving and intelligent thought is suspect.

I'll spell it out for you then, Potato. Yes, I said that Cameron Cloke is coming to Carlton, because that is what's happening. I have been told by a member of the coaching staff. You appear to be obsessed about my revealing the exact nature of my source, which won't happen. If you don't believe me, that's fine.

I was only making comments about Zantuck because I think he is the much superior option. I think picking up Cameron Cloke is ridiculous - but I am not in a position to control anything.

To sum up:

• Carlton will take Cloke.
  • Carlton should take Zantuck.
  • Cameron Cloke is rubbish.
  • Your capacity for problem-solving and intelligent thought is suspect.
Why, if we're drafting Cloke, are we investing so much time in Zantuck training with us?

Is there any possible way they can both be picked up - i thought we only had 2 picks in PSD.

Otherwise this makes no sense.

I must be missing something here but can anybody explain to me, why if we are interested in Cam Cloke is he not training with us? Surely, we would want to see our potential recruits for more than just one or two training sessions. For that reason I am confident (without any inside knowledge) that we will take Zantuck and not Cloke in the PSD.

Yes, it is possible, and I have a feeling that's exactly what will happen.

Would be an absolute nightmare :thumbsdown:

If it was going to happen, then I think this would be the best outcome for us. If CC didn't work out, then we cut him at the end of '07. Same goes for Zantuck.

Why, if we're drafting Cloke, are we investing so much time in Zantuck training with us?

Is there any possible way they can both be picked up - i thought we only had 2 picks in PSD.

Otherwise this makes no sense.

We can take 3 in PSD if we have 5 rookies and Kouta off the primary list.

I'm really not keen on Cloke at all. Would prefer to take Zantuck and have our ruck depth on the rookie list (a bit risky, I know) with 6 rookies than take Cloke. However, wouldn't mind at all if they took Keating with a 3rd PSD pick...if he's still available.

We can take 3 in PSD if we have 5 rookies and Kouta off the primary list.

I'm really not keen on Cloke at all. Would prefer to take Zantuck and have our ruck depth on the rookie list (a bit risky, I know) with 6 rookies than take Cloke. However, wouldn't mind at all if they took Keating with a 3rd PSD pick...if he's still available.
OK so it's possible then to pick 3.

I'll still only believe it when i see it when it comes to Cloke - we have no clearance with the AFL to train him, but maybe he's recovering from surgery or something anyway for all i know.

I must be missing something here but can anybody explain to me, why if we are interested in Cam Cloke is he not training with us? Surely, we would want to see our potential recruits for more than just one or two training sessions. For that reason I am confident (without any inside knowledge) that we will take Zantuck and not Cloke in the PSD.

According to Seven, b/c as we would be taking Ackland with our first PSD pick, by hiding Cloke it will be less likely other clubs take him come our second round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Seven, b/c as we would be taking Ackland with our first PSD pick, by hiding Cloke it will be less likely other clubs take him come our second round.

Still doesn't make sense to me. Which of the other clubs involved in the PSD would even be interested in taking him? Essendon have committed to Michael, Hawks will take a youngster, Tigers will probably take Kingsley, Saints need a ruckman etc.

Only club that would be remotely interested is the Kangaroos and I'm sure they would be aware of him as he has just been playing AFL. Its not as if we're planning on taking some golden smokey from the bush that no other club has seen. Every club knows about Cloke and if we were seriously interested in him, he should have been training with us and this will make me even angrier if we pick him up as I feel we wouldn't have properly assessed him.

Still doesn't make sense to me. Which of the other clubs involved in the PSD would even be interested in taking him? Essendon have committed to Michael, Hawks will take a youngster, Tigers will probably take Kingsley, Saints need a ruckman etc.

Only club that would be remotely interested is the Kangaroos and I'm sure they would be aware of him as he has just been playing AFL. Its not as if we're planning on taking some golden smokey from the bush that no other club has seen. Every club knows about Cloke and if we were seriously interested in him, he should have been training with us and this will make me even angrier if we pick him up as I feel we wouldn't have properly assessed him.
Hey, I'm not saying it is, but that's channel Seven's reasoning behind it.

its true todays herald sun heading Blues Thows a life line for Cameron Cloke
they will use pick 9 on him another handy ruckman :) along side his ex temate heath Scotland :D
Camerons not even 22 yet :thumbsu:

Right, some pretty ordinary communication skills in this thread. I have thus far been pretty gentle on Blues supporters on their own board but from now on, unsolicited personal abuse (and by that I mean not a joke between friends) will earn infractions where spotted.

It makes it hard because I have tried to be one of the gang, but some of this crap is unnecessary. Discuss, don't abuse.

Right, some pretty ordinary communication skills in this thread. I have thus far been pretty gentle on Blues supporters on their own board but from now on, unsolicited personal abuse (and by that I mean not a joke between friends) will earn infractions where spotted.

It makes it hard because I have tried to be one of the gang, but some of this crap is unnecessary. Discuss, don't abuse.

:eek:

Your worst nightmare has also been confirmed HBF!!

ODN's big stick is out ;) :p

Define infractions ODN?
As long as I can keep taking the ********** about Gilly's dress sense, i'm happy.

Seriously, I must say I agree with ODN. We're all striving to the same result, to see Carlton successful, and of course we are going to have differing opinions, but when it resorts to personal abuse, that's going a bit too far.

Define infractions ODN?

There is an infraction system (yellow cards, red cards etc) where certain infractions draw a certain amount of points. These points expire after a certain timeframe (1 day, 3 days, 1 week etc etc) depending on the infraction incurred. The more serious can earn temporary suspension but this isn't likely unless you repeatedly do something while your other points are still in play.

I get reports about abuse and by and large remove the offending item or edit it and let things continue. These things usually start out small, questioning somebody's intelligence, arrogant baiting, then the other person gets fired up and the abuse flies. This has happened in this thread and others and IMO is a poor reflection on our supporters when it does occur.

Time for people to think a little or be more articulate in the way they disagree with each other. Petty points scoring (inside jokes between friends aside) is just that .... petty.

We'll see how this goes. Geez, what have I let myself in for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back