Cameron Ling- field commentator

Remove this Banner Ad

So how does everyone feel about this guy as a "field commentator"?

Personally I think he's been stinking it up from what I've seen so far. It might be a bit harsh because he's new to the job but still I just don't think he has the charisma and or personality required to do the job. This has nothing to do with his unfortunate appearance, I mean look at Dipper. Wasn't much of a looker I guess but he seemed to have it. Ling doesn't.

Watching him interview people is just awkward, not much emotion and seems to struggle with wording his questions. He looks like a stunned mullet at times standing there holding the mic, kind of reminds me of the days Drew Banfield was on the boundary.

He's going to have to come up with a bit more than "I wish I was still out there guys" in his insight if he wants to keep his job.

So how does everyone feel about this guy as a "field commentator"?

Personally I think he's been stinking it up from what I've seen so far. It might be a bit harsh because he's new to the job but still I just don't think he has the charisma and or personality required to do the job. This has nothing to do with his unfortunate appearance, I mean look at Dipper. Wasn't much of a looker I guess but he seemed to have it. Ling doesn't.

Watching him interview people is just awkward, not much emotion and seems to struggle with wording his questions. He looks like a stunned mullet at times standing there holding the mic, kind of reminds me of the days Drew Banfield was on the boundary.

He's going to have to come up with a bit more than "I wish I was still out there guys" in his insight if he wants to keep his job.
Cornes / Cunningham board flog!

Are you just going to attack the commentators from the teams whose supporters bag Ling? Very petty. Ling is terrible, biased and boring. Feel free to have a go at ex-Collingwood commentators now.
not at all.....................do you not recall David Kings summation of Geelongs premierships chances leading up to the Granny last year..................but while we're at it tough guy, Michael Malthouse special comments...........theyre s**t.........Scott Cummings............s**t...........Peter McKenna.............s**t..............I Mmean I could go on and on!

not at all.....................do you not recall David Kings summation of Geelongs premierships chances leading up to the Granny last year..................but while we're at it tough guy, Michael Malthouse special comments...........theyre s**t.........Scott Cummings............s**t...........Peter McKenna.............s**t..............I Mmean I could go on and on!

At least David King has a decent grasp of the English language unlike Ling who not only fumbles and mumbles over every word but has the personality of a half eaten dims sim.

Don't be so precious w***er.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no point...........just reinforcing your initial appraisal. Robert Walls flog!
I get it. You're angry because people are criticising Cameron Ling the commentator, not the footballer. You follow Geelong and you feel the need to back your man even though deep down you also realise he isn't much chop behind the camera. Don't worry mate your love for him will diminish if he continues serve up the tripe atm.

I get it. You're angry because people are criticising Cameron Ling the commentator, not the footballer. You follow Geelong and you feel the need to back your man even though deep down you also realise he isn't much chop behind the camera. Don't worry mate your love for him will diminish if he continues serve up the tripe atm.
Naaaah, seriously Kooley, I couldnt care less. He is pretty ordinary, but I like the bloke full stop. Tom Harley on the other hand is boring, dull, smug, and so far up leigh matthews ass, its unbearable to watch. Ill never NOT like Lingy but I am able to recognise his weaknesses.............commentating is one of them. Ian Robertson floggo!

Naaaah, seriously Kooley, I couldnt care less. He is pretty ordinary, but I like the bloke full stop. Tom Harley on the other hand is boring, dull, smug, and so far up leigh matthews ass, its unbearable to watch. Ill never NOT like Lingy but I am able to recognise his weaknesses.............commentating is one of them. Ian Robertson floggo!
I 'll take you task on Robbo buddy. He may have been lucky to play in 3 flags but he was a fine commentator. A little biased towards the Blues but he had the gift of the gab.

Nice guy, but his interviewing technique is appalling. His 'questions' are long-winded statments that simply require the interviewee to nod their head and say "yes, that's right".

Nice guy, but his interviewing technique is appalling. His 'questions' are long-winded statments that simply require the interviewee to nod their head and say "yes, that's right".

And stop it with those annoying give me a handshake after i've finished interviews (same goes to you too Richo)

Don't think it was worth reviving a 15-mth old thread for this. He's hardly the worst and the handshakes are a nice touch. Having to be part of the Brian Taylor Variety Show (Saturday Night Footy broadcast) is a death sentence for him IMHO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back