Remove this Banner Ad

R_Gray_Jnr_Jnr

All Australian
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus
Everyone else is making threads so I thought I would and it may be unpopular but I certainly think its worth the discussion.

Charlie should be our next captain.

Boak just doesnt do it when it matters anymore. He had several opportunities to ice that game with snaps or kicks on the run inside 50 which would have got everyone up and the crowd but he couldnt do it. He was slower this year and he missed opportunities all year to put the team on his shoulders in moments like those.

Dont get me wrong I love Boak.and think hes been a great captain, ney fantastic captain but his time here may just be over.

Wines is everybody elses next choice. Was mine too before watching Charlie all year. Last night and several times throughtout the year he has gone in soft and gone missing in big moments. Hes young and boy what a talent but let him focus on footy.

Now Charlie game after game after game this year he puts the team on his shoulders and says lads follow me. No one works harder than Charlie during a game, his tackling and chase down are phenomenal for a big man, hes a scary MASSIVE physical presence, he takes big marks and doesnt shirk any contest. When he scores he has anger ans agression amd basically PORT ADELAIDE on his face. The team rallies behind him and he builds momentum. The crowd *ing loves him and theres nothin about his game that is soft.

He plays Full Forward, Half Forward and even goes to oppos 50 if he needs to change the game to wrestle it back on our terms.

I vote Charlie as next captain and I wish there was a way we could petition this to the club as he seems to just be a natural born leader and he doesnt play for the cash.. this team and club means something to him and each and every one of us and his team mates need to draw on that going forward.

• Banned
Woops. I call him Dicko all the time hence Dixon in the OP.

Mybad. Dixon it is!
Everyone else is making threads so I thought I would and it may be unpopular but I certainly think its worth the discussion.

Charlie should be our next captain.

Boak just doesnt do it when it matters anymore. He had several opportunities to ice that game with snaps or kicks on the run inside 50 which would have got everyone up and the crowd but he couldnt do it. He was slower this year and he missed opportunities all year to put the team on his shoulders in moments like those.

Dont get me wrong I love Boak.and think hes been a great captain, ney fantastic captain but his time here may just be over.

Wines is everybody elses next choice. Was mine too before watching Charlie all year. Last night and several times throughtout the year he has gone in soft and gone missing in big moments. Hes young and boy what a talent but let him focus on footy.

Now Charlie game after game after game this year he puts the team on his shoulders and says lads follow me. No one works harder than Charlie during a game, his tackling and chase down are phenomenal for a big man, hes a scary MASSIVE physical presence, he takes big marks and doesnt shirk any contest. When he scores he has anger ans agression amd basically PORT ADELAIDE on his face. The team rallies behind him and he builds momentum. The crowd ruddy loves him and theres nothin about his game that is soft.

He plays Full Forward, Half Forward and even goes to oppos 50 if he needs to change the game to wrestle it back on our terms.

I vote Charlie as next captain and I wish there was a way we could petition this to the club as he seems to just be a natural born leader and he doesnt play for the cash.. this team and club means something to him and each and every one of us and his team mates need to draw on that going forward.

Sent from my SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

It says a lot about us that we really don't have anyone on the list that has both played a reasonable amount of AFL and looks like Captain material. I think Charlie misses too many clutch goals.

Doesn't kick goals when pressure is on. Love Charlie's passion but that should be a prerequisite IMO.

There is no one atm.

Wines would be leading candidate however in the scenario that Boak keeps it for another year it wouldn't surprise me at all if Houston overlaps him next year.

Doesn't kick goals when pressure is on. Love Charlie's passion but that should be a prerequisite IMO.

Unless we plan on not having a captain next year, it can't be a prerequisite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows more leadership than anyone else. Our current captain kicked 3 points. Not sure anyone else has stood up to say pick me. Would be a worthy choice. Either he, Wines or Boak would be fine by me.

Ask yourself this question lads.

If you were going to war and you coukd pick one PAFC player to go eith you into the trenches... who would that be?

Back