Opinion captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Our club has been pretty successful over the time that we've had multiple captains. It's not doing any overt harm.

Yep and the tradition should continue by appointing Hanners + Parker joint captains when the time is right.

Bah. It's crap. Should've been Kirky holding up the cup in 2005. Interestingly, Kirk had a break from the co-captaincy in 2008, then came back in. I don't remember that at all. Does anyone know why?

Didnt it go maxfield out and leadership group taking 2 weeks at a time hall captain for finals that was 2005

2006 kirk hall barry iirc

Then 2008 hall was out for bolton

Then barry out for goodes 2009

Then kirk and bolton out mcveigh in for 2011

Then goodes out for jack 2013

Didnt it go maxfield out and leadership group taking 2 weeks at a time hall captain for finals that was 2005

2006 kirk hall barry iirc

Then 2008 hall was out for bolton

Then barry out for goodes 2009

Then kirk and bolton out mcveigh in for 2011

Then goodes out for jack 2013

I was just going from this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sydney_Swans_captains

Whichever way, it all seems stupid to me. Should just be one captain and one vice-captain and if you must, a leadership group. Anything more becomes like participation awards.

I was just going from this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sydney_Swans_captains

Whichever way, it all seems stupid to me. Should just be one captain and one vice-captain and if you must, a leadership group. Anything more becomes like participation awards.

Thats how i feel, i like one leader, a skipper and yeah a leadership group

But as others said its worked so i guess it must be good. Just feels like the role loses something when shared and i think jack has gone backwards a little as skipper

Thats how i feel, i like one leader, a skipper and yeah a leadership group

But as others said its worked so i guess it must be good. Just feels like the role loses something when shared and i think jack has gone backwards a little as skipper
Agreed

There should be one captain and that should be McVeigh IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back