Opinion captain

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we have good leaders, inc.our co captains. But there is always scope for improvement. Just improving their footy skills would be the easiest way to increase the respect from the players.

It's hard to know who it should be without knowing what they're like off the field. If it's from a playing perspective Kennedy is the only one who you can probably back on turning up week in week out, obviously our best mid as well. The others that would spring to mind are to young or not consistent enough with their performances. Maybe someone like Hannebery could go to a new level with the extra responsibly.

McVeigh and Jack led well last year, but they're output this year was down a fair bit. Club will probably back them to turn it around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy deserves it, he's been our toughest most consistent player since he's come in, actually come to think of it, he's been our best player for four years, an he's pretty much the head of the midfield brigade.

I personally think it is more of aside issue than anything to do with what just went on but Kennedy deserves his shot.

Can't see the point of co-captains to be honest- but whatever.

All the senior guys are media savvy. They all get training. They are fulltime football players - I am sure the captaincy doesn't eat into too much time especially when anyone at anytime can fill in for marketing.

Leadership qualities are far too difficult to judge from outside the club to give any meaningful perspective on. All we really have to go by is their comments in the press (which are all basically scripted and the same from team to team) or on-field where none of us would have a ******* clue what they're saying or instructing half the time.

If the only thing that mattered was leading by example then sure, give it to Kennedy.

Leadership qualities are far too difficult to judge from outside the club to give any meaningful perspective on. All we really have to go by is their comments in the press (which are all basically scripted and the same from team to team) or on-field where none of us would have a ******* clue what they're saying or instructing half the time.

If the only thing that mattered was leading by example then sure, give it to Kennedy.

Fair point, you only know what they leak out about what happens off the field, i just think we needed an on field general and mcveigh went to water this finals series it was not just saturday

Then after Parker's GF performance, heck no! Seriously though, there may be quite a few players who have harmed their chances of moving up the leadership ladder after Saturday.

Injury or not Hanners hasn't been great this season. Parker had one poor game, but it was no worse than Hanners.

I think this ties in with how the GF performance is dissected? To what extent was it a leadership problem and was that lack of leadership on field or in the coaches box?

I think the responsibility will be seen as widespread and therefore not a problem at captaincy level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back