Captaincy and leadership group for 2017 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

:rainbow:
bx37HN0.jpg

jack and cotch in the traditional captain/vice spots on team photo day...
Lol Astbury has a man crush on Nankervis....can't take his eyes off him...:rainbow::rainbow:

Last edited:

Tomato???........BBQ???......Mustard???.....;)

I'm not even trying to troll. Clearly it's a mate having a lend.

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

bx37HN0.jpg

jack and cotch in the traditional captain/vice spots on team photo day...
I can't even name half of the s**t campaigners in that photo. Starting top left:
Conca someone Grigg someone someone Grimes someone Lennon Batchelor Morris someone someone Celli's Caddy? Someone Griffiths Maric Hampson Soldo? Chol Toby Astbury someone Bellis Prestia campaigner Miles Houli Rance Jack Vacancy Meh Edwards Dusty Vlastuin Lloyd someone someone someone someone Rioli? Someone Markov?(or on??) Kmac someone

I can't even name half of the s**t campaigners in that photo. Starting top left:
Conca someone Grigg someone someone Grimes someone Lennon Batchelor Morris someone someone Celli's Caddy? Someone Griffiths Maric Hampson Soldo? Chol Toby Astbury someone Bellis Prestia campaigner Miles Houli Rance Jack Vacancy Meh Edwards Dusty Vlastuin Lloyd someone someone someone someone Rioli? Someone Markov?(or on??) Kmac someone
But knew all in Carlton's team photo.

Lol really? I just went through and found it easy to name them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigers’ in-depth leadership analysis

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-02-21/tigers-indepth-leadership-analysis

“Certainly, the players will have a huge say (on who goes into the leadership group). But it won’t just necessarily be a pure vote on who do you want to be captain, or in the leadership group. It’ll be who they want to run those parts of the program.
“But, also, it’s very much a club issue. What does the Club need? What do the coaches need? Because, our key for 2017 – what we need to do more than anything else – is be as good as we can be on the field.
“We should be saying, ‘What do we do with our leadership to make sure we’re influencing on-field more than anything else’?
“It doesn’t mean off-field’s not important, but it might be, right, exactly what do we need now?
“Obviously the coach and the (assistant) coaches will have a big influence, as will the CEO. We don’t do it without the CEO and the board ticking it off.

I like the sound of how thorough this is - not just players votes which is a very good thing IMO.
Our leadership for the next season or two is critical!

“Certainly, the players will have a huge say (on who goes into the leadership group). But it won’t just necessarily be a pure vote on who do you want to be captain, or in the leadership group. It’ll be who they want to run those parts of the program.
“But, also, it’s very much a club issue. What does the Club need? What do the coaches need? Because, our key for 2017 – what we need to do more than anything else – is be as good as we can be on the field.
“We should be saying, ‘What do we do with our leadership to make sure we’re influencing on-field more than anything else’?
“It doesn’t mean off-field’s not important, but it might be, right, exactly what do we need now?
“Obviously the coach and the (assistant) coaches will have a big influence, as will the CEO. We don’t do it without the CEO and the board ticking it off.

I like the sound of how thorough this is - not just players votes which is a very good thing IMO.

Just the news that leadership process is being thoroughly reviewed is a big relief and a positive step. No more players picking up the best man bull s**t...!

No doubt he will be voted in again.
My prediction for the structure...
C - Cotchin
VC - Rance
LG - Grimes, Prestia, Edwards, Riewoldt and Caddy/Vlastuin
Young leadership group - Markov, Rioli, CEllis, Nankervis

Nothing against you, but I hate setups like this s**t!

You have 12 blokes in a leadership group...25% of the list... crock of s**t IMO.

Simple is best, Capt, and 1 or 2 VC only...

Leadership positions are prized positions IMO and need to be earned and respected. This sharing amongst a big group devalues the positons.
It's nearly like participation certificates for everyone. Tell me what the rest of LG do?
There will always be on field leaders who aren't Cap or VC, but doesn't mean you have to give them a title either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that

Nothing against you, but I hate setups like this s**t!

You have 12 blokes in a leadership group...25% of the list... crock of s**t IMO.

Simple is best, Capt, and 1 or 2 VC only...

Leadership positions are prized positions IMO and need to be earned and respected. This sharing amongst a big group devalues the positons.
It's nearly like participation certificates for everyone. Tell me what the rest of LG do?
There will always be on field leaders who aren't Cap or VC, but doesn't mean you have to give them a title either

This post was based on prior years leadership structure.
Now that it's being revised I would obviously prefer a smaller contingent of players.

When was the last time the CEO/Board refused the football department recommendation for club captain?

If the CEO/Board has to knock back the football department recommendation, they have the wrong people employed in the football department.

When was the last time the CEO/Board refused the football department recommendation for club captain?

If the CEO/Board has to knock back the football department recommendation, they have the wrong people employed in the football department.
Dunno - probably never... but would we know?
But you are right. The CEO/board would be more of a rubber stamp.
The Football Dept, Football Manager and Head Coach would however have a lot more influence on the process I would think.

I personally like the model where there is a 8 player leadership group that consists of good spread over all lines with the majority that run through the midfield & I believe that Cotchin is still the right person for the job due to his character and my belief that he will regain his best form with the added midfield depth that will enable him more space and freedom in 2017 and beyond.

Capt :
Trent Cotchin
V.Capt: Alex Rance , Jack Riewoldt
Leadership Group : Dustin Martin , Dion Prestia , Dylan Grimes , Josh Caddy , Shane Edwards

2 Defenders - Grimes , Rance
2 Fowards - Edwards , Riewoldt
4 Midfielders - Cotchin , Prestia , Martin , Caddy

What are these leadership groups with half the team in them? Might go down to Punt Rd and put my hand up for a spot on the leadership group as well... :drunk:
The days of Captain, Vice captain & Deputy vice captain are over and these days you need at least 6-8 and sometimes even 10 players the be included in the leadership "Group"

specially with the criteria that rfc has set out according to balme where on field leadership is what we are looking for you need to realise that 1-2 even 3 players could be either injured or not available and it goes beyond just leading onfield and there is alot of work to lead off the ground also , We have 21-22 players that are very young and under 22/23 years of age and need guidance

We cant expect 2-3 players to commit so much time and energy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back