Captains Captains Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Might of interest/relevance in captains thread:

TIGER TRUTH OR MYTH?
There’s been a perception that Richmond’s lack of interest in tagging means individuals can rack up massive scores against them.

North may have been flogged by Richmond but Shaun Higgins’ (AF $644k SC $491k MID) 36 disposals was the most of any player in the AFL in 2020.

Higgins’ 36 touches equated to an excellent 121 AFL Fantasy points and a whopping 182 SuperCoach points.

His score was the best for the round in AFL Fantasy and third in SuperCoach behind Tim English’s (AF $732k SC $600k RUCK) 204 and Max Gawn’s (AF $943k SC $776k RUCK) 185.

Higgins isn’t your typical high scorer, so it’s interesting to note individual round top scorers in both AFL Fantasy and SuperCoach in both Rounds Five and Six also came against Richmond.

Gawn posted a huge 131/163 in Round Five and Callum Mills (AF $656k SC $557k DEF) went large with 125/173 in Round Six.

Richmond play the GWS Giants at Giants Stadium on Friday night in Round Eight.

Might of interest/relevance in captains thread:

TIGER TRUTH OR MYTH?
There’s been a perception that Richmond’s lack of interest in tagging means individuals can rack up massive scores against them.

North may have been flogged by Richmond but Shaun Higgins’ (AF $644k SC $491k MID) 36 disposals was the most of any player in the AFL in 2020.

Higgins’ 36 touches equated to an excellent 121 AFL Fantasy points and a whopping 182 SuperCoach points.

His score was the best for the round in AFL Fantasy and third in SuperCoach behind Tim English’s (AF $732k SC $600k RUCK) 204 and Max Gawn’s (AF $943k SC $776k RUCK) 185.

Higgins isn’t your typical high scorer, so it’s interesting to note individual round top scorers in both AFL Fantasy and SuperCoach in both Rounds Five and Six also came against Richmond.

Gawn posted a huge 131/163 in Round Five and Callum Mills (AF $656k SC $557k DEF) went large with 125/173 in Round Six.

Richmond play the GWS Giants at Giants Stadium on Friday night in Round Eight.
Captain Aidan Corr here I come!

You don’t have any non playing rookies after tonight?
No, trades this week is firming up bench so J.Sweet only non playing player, unless Williamson is dropped/rested, which I won't know until tomorrow night. :( Could take the punt on him being dropped and VC Macrae and if he is named just C Grundy. Just seems messy.

No, trades this week is firming up bench so J.Sweet only non playing player, unless Williamson is dropped/rested, which I won't know until tomorrow night. :( Could take the punt on him being dropped and VC Macrae and if he is named just C Grundy. Just seems messy.
I’d just VC Macrae and then see what happens, you might have a rookie out after teams get announced

VC Neale only got 88 this week, thinking of going Whitfield, had Grundy set as captain basically all year but with Cameron in I don't trust his ruck time

Who did everyone pick this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No brainer to go Neale C this week. Locking in a bcv 128 is such an easy move. If this were a normal season, this would basically be like a VC scoring 128. There's no planet where I'm not doubling that score.
Exactly.
I think I got 3 tonnes this week, 6 tonnes was my highest in last month, 2 the lowest so it's pretty rare to get 100. Even though players do, can you guess which one on any given week...
206 locked in.

Definetely take Neale if you've got him.
But if you don't, atleast we get 2 bites at the cherry to match it.

Titchell or Worp for vice (probably Titch).

Otherwise I'll flip a coin on macrae/whitfield/grundy/petracca.

Everyone's Neale confidence talked me out the the Zerett Vc and Macrae C combo

Cost me bloody 40 points!!

Zerett has been killing it lately, knew he had another in him, dang

Bringing in Hunter this week but won’t be taking his score as captain, hoping for something bigger.

VC Mitchell.

Hope he puts up 100+ because picking a Captain is gonna be tricky. Lots of options but picking the right one is the hard part.

Gaff Vs Essendon
Houli Vs Freo
Whitfield Vs Carlton
Grundy Vs Brisbane

Just realised even if Mitchell scores well and I want to take his score, finding a loophole option is going to be risky unless I trade in a NPR.

Bytel, Close, Cavarra all on a bye. Leaves me with Cotrell, BWilliams, DCameron, Wicks and Foot who are all on the fringe and might get named. At least we’ll know if BWilliams gets a gig this arvo.

Think I'm going to struggle for a decent loophole option, also cbf worrying about it, so I'm just going to play it safe and take Grundy's 91
Worst case I miss out on 10-20 points, meh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back