B Hardigham bock Pears
Hb Duffield Grundy Mattner
C Embley Kennedy Mckenzie
Hf Blair Petrie Saad
F Nahas Schultz lisle
R Jamar Black S.Thompson
I Raines Hale Bird S:polec
Em Howard o'Brien. Lockyer Hutchins spangher mullet

Ok, so my final pick of the draft is a tough one.

I've settled on a goal kicking livewire, that is very dangerous up forward, and will see more and more time in the midfield.

Taller than you'd think, as seems so quick.

I select the 191cm, 80kg marcellin product Patrick Karnezis. BLFC.

So, coming from furthest back with a horrible list to begin with, here is my end result

FB: Duigan-- Carlisle-- Harbrow

HB: Bower-- Maxwell -- Docherty

CC: Melksham-- Watson-- Wells

HF: Higgins-- Patto-- Krakour

FF: Karnezis-- Dixon-- Matera

RR: Wood -- Judd-- Cooney

Int: Hampson-- Couch-- Prismall-- Hogan

Emg:
1. Curran NMFC CHF
2. Forster FFC mid sized DEF
3. Sheridan FFC Inside Mid
4. PYKE SydFC Ruck
5. Ellis RFC HF/HB
6. Astbury RFC CHF/ FB
7. Sinclair CollFC Small mid
8. Dan Stewart PAFC KPF/ Ruck

I have gone for a nice mix of experience and youth, and attempted to get a very quick list. Judd, Wells, Cooney, Matera, Higgins, Harbrow, Bower, Krakour, and some of the young kids are all quick and/ or great top speed.

Have a midfield for the ages with Judd, Watson, Cooney, Wells, Melksham, Prismall, Higgins and Krakour all able to go now. Plus a few of the young guys will be pretty handy too.

Defense has old heads in Maxwell and Duigan (even though he has only played 20games!), mixed with pace in Harbrow, Bower and Docherty. Add to that a small gamble of Carlisle becoming the dominant player many believe he willl be.

The forward line is young, but extremely talented. Dixon kicked about 22 goals for GC in a bad team that got whacked every week. I would be happy to get 30 goals out of him and I think with the delivery he would get, it would be easy. Patton we all know about. Then add the pace and trickery of Higgins, Matera, Krakour and Karnezis. Should be able to get some good fwd line pressure out of them.

Emergencies are mostly decent development players and a few top 30 picks. Only guys I would probably delist are Pyke, and Stewart, but Pyke is a handy backup ruck and love his hardness. Didnt realise Stewart hasnt come on at all.

Anyways, this has been awesome! Can't wait to see everyones teams and discuss!

Here's how my side looks:

B: Josh Gibson, Alipate Carlile, Josh Hunt
HB: Scott Selwood, Lachie Henderson, Bachar Houli
M: Dale Thomas, Nick Dal Santo, Isaac Smith
HF: Steve Johnson, Tom Hawkins, Jared Brennan
F: Jarryd Roughead, James Podsiadly, Lindsay Thomas
R: Zac Smith, Michael Barlow, Nathan Foley

IC: Nick Suban, Andrew Gaff, Jordan Gysberts
Sub: Stephen Coniglio

Still rounding out reservese/emergencies.

This is my team at this stage -

B: Josh Drummond - Ted Richards - Brent Guerra
HB: Nick Malceski - Stefan Martin - Pearce Hanley
C: Ben Johnson - Matthew Priddis - Matt Rosa
HF: Daniel Giansiracusa - Travis Cloke - Colin Sylvia
F: Andrew Walker - Jarrad Grant - Mark Lecras
R: Trent West - Brent Moloney - Callan Ward
Int: Michael Osbourne - Angus Monfries - Ash Smith - Sam Lonergan
Emer: Chris Mayne - Shane Savage - Ben Cunnington - Kyle Reimers

Not displeased by the look of that at all - especially considering how poor it was when I started.

Nice team their Dig. Best I've seen so far.

You could be right. .. Its a tough call as I'm biased but I think my midfield is stronger (given the rotation); The backlines are a hard call; and I think Dig has the more structured forward line. ..

Edit: (had to log on the phone to get my side - still needs tweaking)
DEFENCE
Dale Morris :: Daniel Merrett :: Jed Adcock
Luke Hodge :: Ben Rutten :: Matthew Broadbent

CENTRE
Nathan Van Berlo :: Luke Ball :: Anthony Morabito

FORWARDS
Mitchell Duncan :: Jesse White :: Adam Goodes
Stewart Crameri :: Mitch Clark :: Ben McGlynn

RUCK
Mumford, Bernie Vince, Brent Harvey
(2nd Ruck: Mitch Clark, Adam Goodes, Liam Picken)

BENCH
Liam Picken, Tony Armstrong, Thomas Liberatore, Matthew Wright(SUB)

EMERGENCIES
David Ellard, David Mackay, Luke McGuane

DEPTH
David Ellard - Midfield / Forward
David Mackay - Midfield / Defense
Luke McGuane - Medium-Tall Defender
Jason Blake - Utility
Cameron Pederson - Utility
Jamie Bennell - Small Forward
Gary Rohan - Small-Medium Forward
Kurt Aylett - Developing midfielder

We all think our team is the best. ;)

Am a fan of your team cp.

I only think my midfield is the best. Hehe

It might be the best team in a couple years, but probably not now though.

Saying that, a team with a better midfield will beat a lot of other teams.

I actually prefer your backs to mine Clay, but I like my mids better, and forwards too tho that's a very close call.

Mumford beats Zac Smith in the ruck right now - ive got Robbie Knockers too but can't really fit him in without looking too tall. Tomahawk and Roughy can relieve in Ruck instead.

I like your centre line and 1st ruck. .. The only reason I picked mine over yours was the strength of my second and third/fourth rotations. ..

1st: Mumford, Bernie Vince, Brent Harvey
2nd: Mitch Clark, Adam Goodes, Liam Picken
Other midfielders: Luke Hodge, Thomas Liberatore, Matthew Wright, Ben McGlynn, Dale Morris

I went with a midfield/utility heavy side with a lot of mobile height. .. Also wanted a good mix of experience and youth. ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My best 22 probably isnt the best but I have the best depth

Back 6
B- johncock gilham laidler
HB- Gilbee s.fisher h.shaw

Forward 6
HF- gray day garlett
F- betts Tippett ballantyne

Rucks
Cox, hille and McKernan

Mids
Scully, dangerfield, Bateman, rodan, Sewell, ziebell, sidebottom, hartlett, rich, varcoe, peake, Palmer and sheppard

I have the most defencive forward 6. I have a solid back 6 and 2 of the best rucks of the last 10 years. My midfield bats deeper than anyones and I have some of the best kids coming through

My team so far

B Hardigham bock Pears
Hb Duffield Grundy Mattner
C Embley Kennedy Mckenzie
Hf Blair Petrie Saad
F Nahas Schultz lisle
R Jamar Black S.Thompson
I Raines Hale Bird S:polec
E: Howard Spangher Mullet

Defence:is. very solid with the three talls and three smalls

Midfeilder: soild ball winners that are guns

Forward line: three deadly smalls and two proven goalkickers plus a young promising forward

Ruck: soild proven veterans

my unbelievably average side

Hibberd Glass Birchall
Scotland P. Davis Brett Ebert
Zaharakis Boak Heppel
Edwards N.Reiwoldt D.Beams
Campbell Kositzche Aa.Davey
Bailey Hanneberry S.Tuck
Hudson, J.Westhoff, McPhee, Strauss

Harsh Wickzi. The only thing keeping him from bags of five is his kicking for goal. The kid is a contested marking machine and the kind you build around.

Would only take Butcher and Hurley ahead of him.

If you can't kick accurately in the modern game then you're not going to maximize on your potential. Until he does that he's a very good ordinary footballer in the attacking half of the ground.

I'd take Watts over him who has come on in leaps and bounds and is unfairly criticized.

I like your centre line and 1st ruck. .. The only reason I picked mine over yours was the strength of my second and third/fourth rotations. ..

1st: Mumford, Bernie Vince, Brent Harvey
2nd: Mitch Clark, Adam Goodes, Liam Picken
Other midfielders: Luke Hodge, Thomas Liberatore, Matthew Wright, Ben McGlynn, Dale Morris

I went with a midfield/utility heavy side with a lot of mobile height. .. Also wanted a good mix of experience and youth. ..
Ah but when Goodes rotates into your midfield your forward line becomes a lot more managable. When Hodge and Goodes are in the middle tho it does make it very strong.

With rotations, benches etc it's tricky to compare by specific parts of ground like the midfield. Like someone said, we all think our teams the best!

Ah but when Goodes rotates into your midfield your forward line becomes a lot more managable. When Hodge and Goodes are in the middle tho it does make it very strong.

With rotations, benches etc it's tricky to compare by specific parts of ground like the midfield. Like someone said, we all think our teams the best!

Yeah I picture Goodes in that lead up role with Moribito slotting in behind him on the wing at times. .. Boomer Harvey would rest in Goodes' place which would shorten and speed up my forward line. .. Hard to know the effectiveness of said strategies obviously. ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back