Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And one as invisible as this one isn't the norm either.

Really?

How many times do you hear from the President of Melbourne Brisbane Sydney Adelaide Geelong North WCE Freo GWS etc? The only ones that you do are the ones that want or have the media profile like Eddie, Kennett or Koch. I just don't see the value in him commenting every week when it's not his go, especially when you have Judd, Liddle & Bolton who speak so well.

Aside from Eddie, how many Presidents do anything like this?
Meanwhile, we have our Director of Football and List Management (who comes with a lot more authority on football matters and is a more accomplished media performer) on TV twice weekly, and radio every week.

I think you've got a warped view of the President's role.

Sorry, You never heard of
Costa, Oneill, Kennett, Colless must be just in the West these people are (or were) seen or heard regularly. Strong leaders, leading their clubs to success, sustained success. That Kochie bloke keeps a low profile as well.

You see, it's not just his media, it's him, his links to the shite elements of the board, his time on the board and his and his ongoing stumbles as pres.

He's the Wayne Hughes of Presidents.

Sorry, You never heard of
Costa, Oneill, Kennett, Colless must be just in the West these people are (or were) seen or heard regularly. Strong leaders, leading their clubs to success, sustained success. That Kochie bloke keeps a low profile as well.

You see, it's not just his media, it's him, his links to the shite elements of the board, his time on the board and his and his ongoing stumbles as pres.

He's the Wayne Hughes of Presidents.

Yeah, I know those Presidents, Costa, O'Neil and Colless are hardly media regulars. Kennett's not on tv, but he's great for a controversial sound-bite. That's not what we need.

As to your second point, it's clear you've made up your mind and won't hear differently regardless of evidence, or lack thereof. So why bother?

Yeah, I know those Presidents, Costa, O'Neil and Colless are hardly media regulars. Kennett's not on tv, but he's great for a controversial sound-bite. That's not what we need.

As to your second point, it's clear you've made up your mind and won't hear differently regardless of evidence, or lack thereof. So why bother?

If the biggest issue we have is MLG not going down media street enough we are doing okay ;)

Sorry buddy, O'Neill, Costa, Colless and Kennett are (or were) regularly in the media, particularly radio, particularly on game day.

MLG has done two print interviews that can't be read outside victoria and behind a paywall.

Anyway, you've decided to blindly support these perennial under performing administrators, so I wish you good luck. We'll need it.

Sorry buddy, O'Neill, Costa, Colless and Kennett are (or were) regularly in the media, particularly radio, particularly on game day.

MLG has done two print interviews that can't be read outside victoria and behind a paywall.

Anyway, you've decided to blindly support these perennial under performing administrators, so I wish you good luck. We'll need it.

Why is he underperforming? Let's have some facts please

I'm hardly blindly supporting him? But I strongly disagree that media presence is a KPI for the president. And aside from that, you've failed to demonstrate how he's under-performing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hardly blindly supporting him? But I strongly disagree that media presence is a KPI for the president. And aside from that, you've failed to demonstrate how he's under-performing.

All this criticism of the President but not one reason/example of what he is doing badly or what benefit being in the media more achieves?

After the disappointment of the weekend I woke up this morning feeling at least a little more comfort that the President, Judd and McKay are spruiking the same consistent message - we are sticking to our plan !!

The media are naturally all over us and after the booing on the weekend (which I hope we don't hear again) they are looking for the chink in our armour and so far at least, the Blues hierarchy haven't given them one which must be pissing them off no end.

As supporters we need to stay the course as well. Let's really support the club and the plan - on social media, on talkback, friends and keep turning up to games . I'm not ashamed to be a Carlton supporter !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back