Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprises this has come from someone known more for their playing than their writing.

Has our inexperience really been an excuse for everyone else? Can you be the laughing stock of the comp for ******* 20 years (with a break of about four years that are so conveniently forgotten by the likes of you, Wayne) and be said to have used an excuse or excuses?

Rebuilding for decades? Such proudly paraded ignorance.

No surprises this has come from someone known more for their playing than their writing.

Has our inexperience really been an excuse for everyone else? Can you be the laughing stock of the comp for ******* 20 years (with a break of about four years that are so conveniently forgotten by the likes of you, Wayne) and be said to have used an excuse or excuses?

Rebuilding for decades? Such proudly paraded ignorance.

I actually think it was pretty fair.
We've got an experienced team this year. We've had a couple of bad losses, and couple of wins that were closer than they should have been.

I actually think it was pretty fair.
We've got an experienced team this year. We've had a couple of bad losses, and couple of wins that were closer than they should have been.
The article annoys me for several reasons, only one of which is what I included in that post.

Too many people have extreme short term memories, and too many people are allowed to get away with dishonesty because they can turn a phrase. Wayne Carey can barely turn said phrase, yet is allowed to be dishonest in his article because...?

North have always been our bogie team. But in recent times that has included Cunnington, ziebell and Higgins. 2 of those are out. I dont see their replacements. This is show time for us. lets get it done and add a lot to our percentage . If we fail then we are back to the beginning again. I dont see that happening- but if it does.... there's trouble abrewing .

Fair article, No matter what you think of Carey, he has been a supporter of our rebuild and yes it does "feel" like we have been rebuilding for 20 years. The time is "now"! Why not? The only thing holding us back is ourselves. Teague is playing the senior players now and if you want in, you have to push someone out. If we are to be taken for real, we must beat Nth, no if's, no but's. A strong win would be nice, but at this stage I will take any win. As he said other clubs have come out of nowhere to claim a flag, why not us, especially this season, take one before we think we are due.

Well it's a crazy season and we've shown our best is as good as anyone's.
I mean a premiership is a stretch, but a finals appearance and maybe winning 1 or 2 is definitely possible.

Agree, why should we just push to just fall short of finals? Minimum, should be to get into the 8 and then go for it.

This group still have so much improvement, Cripps isn't at his peak, Murphy is just going, our consistency is not across the whole group. We just need these boys to click at the same time and keep going.

Well it's a crazy season and we've shown our best is as good as anyone's.
I mean a premiership is a stretch, but a finals appearance and maybe winning 1 or 2 is definitely possible.

If we make finals and play Essendon*, we will win a final ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy terrific

A year or two back, Carlton’s Matt Kennedy looked like a player who was not quite quick enough for the midfield, not quite big enough for the forward line and not quite talented enough to compensate in either position.

Kennedy has been terrific this year. He was very good last year in proving capable as a forward but this year has moved back on the ball again. He looks to have trimmed a few kilos (impressions can be wrong) and his strength around the ball and clean hands are making him very valuable alongside Patrick Cripps.

True Blue: Matthew Kennedy in action against North Melbourne.

True Blue: Matthew Kennedy in action against North Melbourne.

Last edited by a moderator:
From www.aflplayers.com.au
Carlton: Lachie Plowman

Lachie Plowman is quickly becoming one of Carlton’s most important defenders. In a tight clash against North Melbourne, Plowman was prolific with nine intercept possessions, seven marks and five rebound 50s. The former Giant has worked hard on improving his disposal efficiency – running at 72 per cent in the wet from his 18 touches – and is becoming a reliable backman for the developing Blues.

08NMCa20JSP285356468-760x438.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back