Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure I understand........

I thought the article was behind a paywall but realized I just had to sign into my Google account. Really good read when I did eventually get into the article.

I thought the article was behind a paywall but realized I just had to sign into my Google account. Really good read when I did eventually get into the article.

My only problem with the article is that now I feel like my wife & I are such low achievers....

Damn you Mr & Mrs Russell!

:p

My only problem with the article is that now I feel like my wife & I are such low achievers....

Damn you Mr & Mrs Russell!

I don't think the Russells are particularly tall but regardless there are plenty of low achievers in history .... eg Napoleon Bonaparte, Tom Cruise, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Granted the first 2 were tyrants.

Robert Walls - shape up or ship out is the gist of it.

Last edited:
I don't think the Russells are particularly tall but regardless there are plenty of low achievers in history .... eg Napoleon Bonaparte, Tom Cruise, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Granted the first 2 were tyrants.

I have a Napoleon Complex.

My family loves chocolate and vanilla, but no one eats the strawberry.....

Bit harsh to declare this year his third year. I'm not sure anyone with common sense would include the caretaker year after Bolts was sacked. He's really had one year of coaching and that year was complete bollocks for everyone.

Only one passage where I think Walls has erred

"but had failed to meet expectations on it in recent seasons after a major rebuild"

Who's expectations, his?

All indicators suggest we are tracking the same or better compared to the most recent rebuilding sides

Apart from above average injuries, especially to our spine, there should be no other excuses for missing finals

The maturing talent is now in place, Teague needs to harness it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh please. It is time. 6th year of a rebuild with quality mature age recruits. Results not excuses

Thanks Robert. Might be time to let go and stop wanting to be the headline.

Carlton should respond to this Walls rocket the same way that Matthew Pavlich responded to a Walls rocket - which was an 8 goal performance against us.

;)

How does a shortened season and a handful of games in another one become 3 full seasons?

Walls has lost it, still stuck in the old Carlton way of thinking.

Oh please. It is time. 6th year of a rebuild with quality mature age recruits. Results not excuses
You've got to remember that most our kids last year were 3rd, 4th and 5th year players, who were relying on 12v12 scratch matches as their only source of development. Regardless of our shocking finish to the season, we saw big improvement from the year before and still finished 11th.

This year, no more excuses. I get that there are heaps of team on the rise, and heaps of teams we have to be better than to finish top 8. Regardless, the mindset should be finals or bust.

I think Wallsy means well and truly loves the club, but like Sellers, I believe he is a bit stuck in the past/behind the times with the modern game and how footy club's operate.

Besides, someone inside the club may have asked Wallsy to make those comments in order to gee up/motivate the players (it had been known to happen)

Really wouldn't stress or worry over it too much folks. Just a filler piece on a slow footy news day/night for The Age.

Don't really have an issue with anything in that article.

Nah sorry, let the coach bring results. After Malthouse and Bolton we as members and fans have earned the right to be suspicious.

Just watched the latest episode of Scooby Blues

images

I would have gotten away with coaching Carlton too if wasn't for you meddling members and fans.

Last edited:
Nah sorry, let the coach bring results. After Malthouse and Bolton we as members and fans have earned the right to be suspicious.
meaning what - just keep sacking every coach after 3 or 4 years if we don't win a flag - yeah that'll work.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back