Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the * two weeks ago, the Dees last week and us this week. It would be Adelaide but we know it’s the Melbourne clubs that get the clicks. If we beat the Bulldogs the focus will be on them. And so it goes...

Even if we lose to the Bulldogs they may move on unless the media is out to get Bolts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really struggles on Classified not a good fit for the show SundayFootyShow he's level...

He's just annoying the way he speaks. Every time he has to say something whether it's on the radio or on TV he sounds like an over excited kid and can't just speak like a normal grown up. That coupled with the fact his ideas are generally rubbish or sensationalist is why he doesn't appear too bright.

He's just annoying the way he speaks. Every time he has to say something whether it's on the radio or on TV he sounds like an over excited kid and can't just speak like a normal grown up. That coupled with the fact his ideas are generally rubbish or sensationalist is why he doesn't appear too bright.

His brother and Dad having no impact.

The piece about Paddy is very disappointing and irresponsible in my opinion. The poor kid would be devastated. I didn’t think it was possible but Ralph has hit a new low.

View attachment 655578

Take aim at a young player just finding his feet in the AFL and then they wondered why so many players are suffering depression and anxiety.
Do they not think that Dow would not already know his deficiencies and the coaching staff would be working on this with him.
Cheap shot, poor article, poor so called journalism. They are not journalists, they are story writers, mostly fiction.

I have said that Cripps is as good as two players.

It is now official.

This from AFL team of the week

Rounding out the centre square are two players in the conversation for the best midfielder in the competition: Patrick Cripps

:)

Have stated before that I would rather see a stronger base of competitiveness/consistency and the desired results will flow medium to long term even within a season

What do you think the narrative and general sentiment would be if we had won on the weekend yet were spanked by more than 12 goals in the previous 3 weeks?

You always put your posts across eloquently and respectfully, and I won't criticise your point of view but, as Judd said, we are in a results based business.
I think we can all agree that a Premiership is the ultimate result.
We need to "win" lots of games, consistently to "win" a Premiership.
That bloody "win" word keeps popping up.
Now obviously this is not going to happen in the near term, but imo it is the most important factor in becoming a successful club again.
Everything flows from winning; sponorship, membership, players wanting to come to us, opposition fans hating us again rather than ridiculing us etc, etc
We have had a wonderful increase in membership the past 2 seasons, but if we don't start winning some games relatively soon, this could all come undone.

Take aim at a young player just finding his feet in the AFL and then they wondered why so many players are suffering depression and anxiety.
Do they not think that Dow would not already know his deficiencies and the coaching staff would be working on this with him.
Cheap shot, poor article, poor so called journalism. They are not journalists, they are story writers, mostly fiction.

Spot on. What amazes me is how they bang on about social media giving players depression and anxiety, but these "journo's" write hit pieces all for ******* clicks. What do you think that does to players' minds???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mentioned it before, but Paddy Dow was a bottom aged draftee back in 2017.

He only just turned 19 late last year and doesn't even turn 20 until the season is done and dusted. He's barely older than a some of draftees in the 2018 draft.

Will the media get off his back and just let the kid play football for now before they all start to judge him from their armchairs?!?!

why? they were 2-1 could've been 3-0 while we were 0-3. not sure where you get the ' we should've pumped them' from
* lost first 3 then smashed lions..so you can’t use the outcome of a previous game as a predictor for a future game otherwise tipping would be easy. We are a much better side talent wise and we should have kicked their arses.

How good does this look? Cripps again (been in every team all year so far) - surely Brownlow favourite. Walsh on a wing and Weitering at centre half back.

View attachment 655629
The Cripps bontempelli discussion on the main board has started up again. I’m sick of rubbish opinion clouding the argument. Cripps in a landslide. Swap the players’ teams and I guarantee Dogs would be premiership favourites. However we wouldn’t of got near it the last four games.

Bring on a head to head battle on Sunday.
While it is great that Carlton is well represented, I find it hard to take a rating system seriously that when selecting a full forward has a 1 goal, 6 mark game (Cox) over a 6 goal game (Lynch)

who's asking Caro about Samo's development, lol

Can't stand her on TV. Taking nothing away from some of the value she's added to the football media landscape in years gone by, she is just an awful presenter. Sits there and reads her very deliberately worded script, with all the warmth and personality of a brick, with questions engineered to force a particular response, and when the response isn't what she expects it's just "Next question".

Harry McKay hasn't developed very well, has he Chris.
He's taken more contested marks this season than anyone else - is that not good enough for you?
Oh, um, what about Bolton - he's gone yeah?

Hats of to Judd, he is wonderfully articulate, well-researched, and is respectful to those asking the questions right up until the stray into their own little power fantasy, when he promptly shuts them down with nothing more than common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back