Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good banter.

Lol messaging him Cripps' stats.

Just on Sheed though he's a good player now, but he literally took about 5 years to get there.
Just a bit of perspective when looking at our young mids and the level of expectations we have on them.

Kicking the winning goal in a GF is great for development....just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good banter.

Lol messaging him Cripps' stats.

Just on Sheed though he's a good player now, but he literally took about 5 years to get there.
Just a bit of perspective when looking at our young mids and the level of expectations we have on them.
I dream of the day Carlton is such a well run club that our draftees are part of flag-winning sides in th VFL before we see them debut in 2-3 years and say "Who's that kid?"

Yep, those of us who consider Sam a lock for this award had better prepare themselves.

Here we are reminded of what we already knew: that they can make the stats say whatever they want to support their decision. The AFL has 0 interest in pumping our tyres in any way.
Sections of the media have been campaigning all season to convince all and sundry that we erred in drafting Sam, even though pre-draft he was the overwhelming media favourite to be taken at 1. Flogs.

**** the lot of them.
Even if Sam does win it, we'll have to endure years of knobs like Corns questioning and second-guessing the decision. (Remember when SOS was named "fullback of the century"? OMG! I don't think Eddy ever did get over that.)
Sam, like Cripps, will go on to be a champion of the Carlton Football Club. To me, that honour has far more merit that this dodgy, move-the-goals-to-suit-the-agenda award.
what's the rising star ever done for us?

what's the rising star ever done for us?
Well, it gave us 5 nominees in 2017 ... (and Fisher, Williamson and Pickett missed out).

And Cripps came second. Perhaps DK or someone will say Cripps is the best player in his draft class ...

Walsh is brilliant. Getting 24+ possessions in his first 6 weeks (correct me if I am wrong) to smash Bairstow’s record (4 weeks) and continuing on with it separates him from generations of players, not just his draft class. Gets involved in important plays, picks out our forwards with kicks to advantage, etc.

Geez footy fans are an intelligent bunch..... ;)

Herald Sun fan poll has Cripps comfortably most popular choice as best player in the league

Also voted #2 in toughest AFL player (behind Joel Selwood, who wins this every year).

Oh.....also 4th as best captain

Herald Sun fan poll has Cripps comfortably most popular choice as best player in the league

View attachment 697636

Also voted #2 in toughest AFL player (behind Joel Selwood, who wins this every year).

View attachment 697637

View attachment 697638
not much love for The Bont, should be able to get him over for a couple of third round draft picks :)

not much love for The Bont, should be able to get him over for a couple of third round draft picks :)

Bulldogs have three third round picks this year.

Seems fair for them to give up a couple of them for us to take Bont ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll post it here as well

We offer him $2M a year and the promise that at some point (but he won't know when) Ian Aitken gets to King hit him from behind.

He'll spend the whole time not knowing when it's coming. Like the Slapsgiving episode of how I met your mother.

We offer him $2M a year and the promise that at some point (but he won't know when) Ian Aitken gets to King hit him from behind.

He'll spend the whole time not knowing when it's coming. Like the Slapsgiving episode of how I met your mother.
Better still, it can be anyone Ian Aitken nominates ... and Clarko won’t be told who.

View attachment 697636

View attachment 697637

View attachment 697638
Or, drives me to despair that a lot of Carlton fans read the Sun...

What I'd like to know is what the * Shannon Hurn's done to be considered either the best player or the best captain?

What I'd like to know is what the **** Shannon Hurn's done to be considered either the best player or the best captain?

Well he is the captain of the last premiership team...that's always going to be fresh in people's minds.
Also seems to have a good rep.

What I'd like to know is what the **** Shannon Hurn's done to be considered either the best player or the best captain?
Do you remember where tex was rated when the crows made the grand final... We all know where he should've been but a successful looking team led to him being voted best captain in the league that season....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back