Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blues bring back big guns as season-opener nears

CARLTON will power up its strongest possible team against North Melbourne on Sunday, in a full dress-rehearsal for round one, and ruckman Matthew Kreuzer admits the players are keen to bank a win before the real season starts.

''It will be the strongest NAB Cup team we've had in by far,'' football manager Andrew McKay said yesterday. ''What we've been doing is juggling everyone's game time and basically playing half a team in each game. Now it's about bringing a large majority of our key guys back together for the game on Sunday.

Blues bring back big guns as season-opener nears

Kreuzer ready to fire on all cylinders

Kreuzer ready to fire on all cylinders

809463-matthew-kreuzer.jpg

Nice pic of F1 driver Daniel Ricciardo with Kreuzer & Jamo.

How tiny are some of these drivers? Like jockeys and crazy courageous like them too. Respect.

LAst Nights Carlton stuff on various footy shows

AFL 360 - Gerard Whately looking forward to carlton on the weekend
[youtube]Dm9Ni8740Qk[/youtube]

League Teams - Looking at the weekend match, blues prep and norths finals chances
[youtube]sz2WHYPvaQc[/youtube]

The Footy Show - Marc Murphy answers questions while on the panel regarding offseason and preseason
[youtube]Z7pQf_U2490[/youtube]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues keen to have Judd sign for life
''It will be up to Juddy. He will call that - if he wants to start talking contract negotiations,'' he said.

''I wouldn't imagine it would be this early in the piece. But it's certainly something that we will talk to Juddy about over the next 12 months and see what he is feeling. I am not sure what he is feeling.''

''We are only in preliminary talks. Certainly Bryce has indicated he wants to stay at Carlton and we certainly want him to stay. We don't envisage him going anywhere else,''

''We think he will be coming into the team in round two,'' he said.

''He is going well at the moment. It will be a gradual build-up for 'Jamo', we obviously don't want to break him down.

''He had another scan last week and it's showing really good improvement which is fantastic. We just have to be mindful we don't load him too quickly too early.
Blues keen to have Judd sign for life

TG, not sure if I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, but I am royally peeved by the sensationalist headline used by The Age on their home page for that article. So misleading.

"Blues desperate - Club to offer Chris Judd the deal of a lifetime."

What McKay said was that when Judd's manager wants to talk, we will talk. But there's probably no mad rush for 12 months.

OMGWTFBBQ! We are willing to talk to player managers about contracts! And we expect to talk about a contract extension at the beginning of the last year of Judd's contract!!!! Blues must be desperate!!!!!!!!

So ridiculous (or is my surprise at the lows of journalism the ridiculous part?).

You only have to watch that OTC video to release that we have arguably the worst sporting journos in the world. I love that they doubt the mindset of a club who are driven by our close losses in finals. We went into an away final against WC without Gibbs, Kreuzer, Waite, Hampson, Mclean, Lucas, Bower, Curnow and Russell. Think we lost by a kick. This club couldn't possibly cover the losses of Jamison, Laidler, Duigan, Warnock and Walker.

If Vickery has a big game, you can bet that some muppet will query Carlton overlooking him for just another flanker in Yarran.

Warnock on VFL comeback path
Warnock looks likely to make his return with Carlton’s reserves outfit Northern Blues in the VFL’s second week of fixtures and press for an AFL resumption either in Round 2 or 3 early next month.

Warnock is back in full training and is tipped to significantly increase his heavy contact work in coming weeks as part of a calculated recovery schedule after his surgery.
Warnock on VFL comeback path

Hagdorn had to mention that Warnock is linked to GWS.

I can't see Warnock leaving Melbourne after coming home four years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back